Yay! Woo hoo!! Yipee!!!! MH-Brutes][+

Posts about what EvilGrins has been or is up to!
EvilGrins
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Yay! Woo hoo!! Yipee!!!! MH-Brutes][+

Post by EvilGrins » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:09 am

Most anybody that knows me at all knows I fell head over heels in explodey joy for MH-Brutes][. It's a simple map, badly angled, and most folks that know about it have a tonnage of issues with it and it's supposed creator... but I love it anyway. I'm only a basic editor of maps, can't make my own as yet, and I've made like a guhzillion edits of it all with different monsters and music. All credited to he who supplied the original, the guy that helped edit several for me, and the ones I've edited myself credited to me...

...each map lists everybody that helped make it.

These are the ones I've got:
http://tinyurl.com/4ym7d7y

I've only just become a member of Destination Unreal and I hopped into one of their games from the site. It was MH-Brutes][+ but I didn't think anything of it cuz I didn't expect it to be different.

I was wrong...

...somebody rebuilt the environment around the map!

Oh joy!

See, I don't know how to do that (yet) and folks I've talked to about it haven't been able to tell me how to. So the environment around the map is simple but a lot better than what was on the original. Also a tad on the dark side but I may know how to fix that if I decide to do what I want to do.

I'm toying with updating some of the variants I made with this as a new base model for them. Not all of them, but definitely a few.

Playing it online was fun, playing it on my system with my bots was cool too but the map is a bit of a memory hog... that or it's been awhile since I rebooted my computer.

Map is also a little different in that there's an extra monsterclass for the Brutes on it. A big old sucker, bigger than the Behemoths, that fires slow moving mega-destructive shock blasts. It's called a Captain.

The guy that made this newer version is either 'Nameless' or 'Cyberia-Mix'. His website doesn't exist anymore so I've no idea how to contact him and thank him for this.

Oh, sorry if some of the pics don't load right. The site I primarily host images at is having some issues lately.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

*POTS*

Re: Yay! Woo hoo!! Yipee!!!! MH-Brutes][+

Post by *POTS* » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:58 pm

EvilGrins wrote: I've only just become a member of Destination Unreal and I hopped into one of their games from the site. It was MH-Brutes][+ but I didn't think anything of it cuz I didn't expect it to be different.

I was wrong...

...somebody rebuilt the environment around the map!

[...]

The guy that made this newer version is either 'Nameless' or 'Cyberia-Mix'. His website doesn't exist anymore so I've no idea how to contact him and thank him for this.

Oh, sorry if some of the pics don't load right. The site I primarily host images at is having some issues lately.
The map was edited by Demona AKA Cyberia-Mix. He added a different, better looking skybox, as well those Behemoth Captains and fixed some other minor stuff. He's still an active member at Destination Unreal I think.

Odd you didn't have this version anyway, while you still add the old one.
Plain Old Telephone Service

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:31 pm

*POTS* wrote:Odd you didn't have this version anyway, while you still add the old one.
At the moment I'm still trying to figure it out. There's no exit, about 5 to 10 seconds after the last monster is down, the level ends. The map has numrous spawn points for monsters, like the original, but no CreatureFactories that I can find.

The original had 1 counter, near the middle back. This one has like 9 counters and they're all clumped close to the front of the first bunker.

Okay, there is kind of an exit marker but it's above all those counters I mentioned...

I'm at present unsure how to go about making edits of it as I still can't figure where I need to swap the monsters.

ZippityDooDa

Post by ZippityDooDa » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:27 am

Thanks for the Props!
11100000.11111111.11111111.00000000 /24

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:31 pm

KiLLaKeLLeR wrote:Thanks for the Props!
I may need your help figuring this map out.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:39 pm

At the moment I'm still trying to figure it out. There's no exit, about 5 to 10 seconds after the last monster is down, the level ends. The map has numrous spawn points for monsters, like the original, but no CreatureFactories that I can find.
Today I'm a bit drunk, but doesn't matter (I think was too cold here for me), rules are rules and need to be respected like any people here. I'm confused and I don't know what you say...
CrFa.JPG
Can you explain this ? I think some sleep will be better for anybody, right ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:04 pm

Nelsona wrote:
CrFa.JPG
Can you explain this ? I think some sleep will be better for anybody, right ?
Well... the item in a map that I normally associate with being a creature factory, lil' boxy thing with a key on it, I went over the floor of the map and didn't see them anywhere.

I'll look again.

(a few hours later)

Okay, yes, if you look at the little search thing it lists CreatureFactories... but if you actually click on them to take you where they are, it brings you to different areas outside of the map...

...and there's nothing there.

This is all that seems to be within the map:

Multiple counters, that blue thing, and a guhzillion spawnpoints.

I'm still confused! Sober up!

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:37 am

And what if they are outside of battle field ? They can do the job without to be affected by some stupid weapons like HyperClusterFlak or whatever dumb mod. DU's mapper did a great job.

Look back at topics, will be usefull to see what I already told more counters maybe for each factory, and also a master Counter to take care about anything killed, to end map like should, with 0 monsters.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:46 am

Nelsona wrote:And what if they are outside of battle field?
It's more of a even though they're outside of the battlefield, and that finder thing can bring me to where they are outside, I still can't see the factories. If I could then I could still edit them but there's nothing there I can see except empty space.

Or is there a way to edit them when you can't see them?