deleting the unseeable

Posts about what EvilGrins has been or is up to!
EvilGrins
NoMoreSpam: Silver

deleting the unseeable

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:35 pm

An annoying weapon in UnrealEd is that the M16silver isn't visible in the editor. You kinda have to place it just right the first time and accept it, cuz you can see it in the game only.

So, my current problem: I know how to find where they are using actor search but is there any way to delete them when I can't see them to select them?

Ingame view:
I kinda goofed when I tried placing them in the editor when I didn't see them appear.

UnrealEd view:

Hammer

Re: deleting the unseeable

Post by Hammer » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:57 pm

Double click on the actor in the 'Search for Actors' window list. That will automatically select the actor (you can check by opening the 'Actor Properties' browser and the header should name the selected actor), then just hit the Delete key on your keyboard to remove it.

Hope that helps
-Hamm

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:33 pm

Well hello HAMMER!

Good to see you. It has been a while. It seems all is well with you if you had enough time to come by here and help some folks. I appreciate that a lot too by the way.

Expect a PM from me to you here shortly too. Thanks again.
~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:07 pm

Hammer wrote:Double click on the actor in the 'Search for Actors' window list. That will automatically select the actor (you can check by opening the 'Actor Properties' browser and the header should name the selected actor), then just hit the Delete key on your keyboard to remove it.

Hope that helps
-Hamm
Actually, that's what I tried first.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:30 pm

You know...I wonder EvilGrins if you are posting the solutions when you get them to all of the places where you post the problems. Please make sure you do is all I'm saying. ESPECIALLY HERE! LOL.
~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:29 am

Hermskii wrote:You know...I wonder EvilGrins if you are posting the solutions when you get them to all of the places where you post the problems. Please make sure you do is all I'm saying. ESPECIALLY HERE! LOL.
Well, I only posted this one to here and ut99.org

The response to both were similar but ut99.org mentioned an option not mentioned here, which as it happened worked. Hammer had the right idea but instead of hitting the delete button, which doesn't work, ut99.org suggested going up to edit and then clicking on delete...which did work.

This forum and that forum are where I primarily ask questions these days. Between the two I usually get an answer that works better than the other. Granted, quite often nobody responds over there if they just blow off the post, whereas a couple people here make up for what was lacking over there.

Just trying to cover my bases.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:30 am

Then you are doing well and getting smarter along the way. I think you also have this one on Planet MonterHunt and I did reply there as well. Can't recall if it is this exact one though. Thanks for keeping the answers to your issues posted here for future people to learn from.
~Peace~

Hermskii