MH-Dragon][

Posts about what EvilGrins has been or is up to!
EvilGrins
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

MH-Dragon][

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:10 pm

It's ready...

So, there's dragons on this map. They don't move quite so fast but their flame attacks are devestating. The map this was edited from normally uses 6 CeatureFactories, which I knocked down to just 2. A significant loss but the dragons make up for it fairly well.

There are no special weapons on this map, just the ut99 regulars. There's 2 instagibs and 3 redeemers, just to make things a little bit more fair.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?m22dp99cpdgw82x

EvilGrins

Re: MH-Dragon][

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:20 am

Ran into a little problem with this map on the one server I know it's on.

http://www.online-multigaming.com/e107_ ... p?147.last

Skim down a bit, any ideas on why this is happening would be appreciated.

This never happens when I play it on my own system, just online.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:43 am

Weird, my edit button seems to be gone.

*ahem*

Ignore link in previous post, this is the problem:
http://www.online-multigaming.com/e107_ ... 0#post_286

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:25 am

Check some other forums here and see if it is gone there too. I have not made changes and you had it before so let me know.
~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:43 pm

Yeah, i got it on the post above yours but not the one above that one.

Weird.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:12 pm

Maybe you will notice someday what is about stupid pawns show designed by others without knowing results of spam. Finally somebody at KillerBee is not satisfied about lags ? Heh, nice effect indeed, but is just a crap for engine, I just visited that server a few days ago when was loaded a random map. What can I say ? I won't check the log to see how many MB oops sorry, tens of MB I downloaded just for a bullshit assumed map and I didn't counted how many times I pressed F10 and reconnect to gain full redirect speed to not wait more hours some... nope I wrong again (appologise) - I think almost all "weapons" collection possible in packages. I'm sorry man, who is gonna wait hours to download packages for playing nothing interesting just pawns with a lot of health and heavy to handle that at 200 ms ping (that was loaded in that moment) and no subject.

I already posted at Skillz's forum (talking with Kaal) what is about actors updated in a 1999 years game-slot. Do your math and tell me how many actors are updated in a small 5-10 kb/s bandwidth. You played UT in 1999 ? Good. Start playing UT on a Pentium II (if you can find one), play that map and tell me the results. Works fine ? Dreams, only dreams.

Based on months, even years of experience I expected more good things and improvements but nothing was changed.
Last edited by Nelsona on Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:33 pm

Well, Nelsona. I don't have so long a wait as I have the weapons they use on my system, at least on their Nali Weapons server. As to the other stuff, the first time you join any new server it's a good idea to have a book handy to read...

...which doesn't address the issue on what do you think might help the dragons perform better in online games, which i asked. Or should i just accept that map is better played offline?

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:51 pm

Off-Line with a stronger Computer anybody can play more hard things. In Network, rules cannot be changed. Player with a fresh installed UT will disconnect at playing spam because is simple lagged and is nothing interesting. Such mapping was done a few years ago and let me know how many awards they got ? More mappers who cannot put up a story or some tricky action is just spaming useless testing and trying different forms to distract players but is for short time. Even 12 years old players won't really vote ON-Line such assumed maps (they will play Off-Line cheating, summoning different things without to be bugged by "rules"). That's why there aren't many ON-LINE players playing these "magic creations". Optimizing stuff for servers might be heavy, need experience, not any assumed modder-mapper can handle this. How many mappers are computing stuff from maps ? Eh ? Anybody ? I didn't noticed such questions in coding Web-Sites, even I don't know how many know A.I. behavior to optimize CPU load at playing map.

And for a handy book ? I play the mostly in good servers not everywhere, I won't mess up my UT version with a megaton of files to have mismatches and I keep my cache at minimum necessary level. In fact, how many people are playing there vs UM or DU and even MHA with their rankers habbits ? I want to see the reason for messing up for nothing so cool as expected. Don't worry I'm not the only one who think like this, even other people aren't posting everything in forums (to not insult mappers - or assumed insulting telling the simply truth).

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:27 pm

You have a very fancy way of saying you don't know. You say much but answer little.

This is not a hard map. This is not a spam map. It's one of my edited maps and the only thing on it other than the dragons that is special are instagibs.

Now, any idea why it doesn't play so well online? Is it just because it's not working well on KillerBee's Stronger MonsterHunt server or is it just bad for any online play?

Please, try to stay on point this time.