Technically this is Nelsona's fault

Posts about what EvilGrins has been or is up to!
EvilGrins
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Technically this is Nelsona's fault

Post by EvilGrins » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:32 pm

A stretch back Nelsona got on my case about making so many edits of the same map. He went on and on and on about it, it was a lengthy rant, and somewhere about the middle of it he suggested why don't I make him two with specific monsters. At the time I put it on the back burner and forgot about it...

...this is why I was asking about that BPak.u thing recently.

Image Image

I'm not quite done with them yet. Just texturing, for the most part.

Given Nelsona's less than fondness for unconventional weapons, these maps only have the standard UT weapons used on them. Which works kinda okay with a Pupae Warriors, 650 health is nothing to sneeze at, but not so great with the OMGs.

An OMG has 90,000 health.

That's like 90 shots from an instagib to kill just one!
a real design flaw instagibs don't shoot faster
Still, no one said I had to make the maps easy to beat...

Nelsona

Re: Technically this is Nelsona's fault

Post by Nelsona » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:18 am

:twisted:
Hi, Actually you posted about those Aliens to let them kill each-other (because they are too strong 20000-30000 health and was your ideea to use them in such a map ?).

Well you talked about powerfull monsters suddenly discovered. I just sugested to use BPak. Now what is so bad ? I guess nothing. You said: We lose anyway. So ? Is not what you wanted ? :lol:
______
I didn't told you about BPak weaponry in purpose for such monsters just because I wanted to see you handling factories, learning how to set the number of monsters spawned to deliver something different. Spawning 20 OMGs is rather a bad ideea. PupaeWarrior is faster and will do also a lot of damage. Why do you think that spawning a bunch of them is recommended ?

This Bpak in fact triggered me in the last mod to fix more things related to monsters. I didn't have any faster or too big monster last time - just normality - so for me OMG is not a problem :P. By example the option to configure Maximum of MonsterHealth = 10000. Yea, exactly, 10000 not other values won't be overided ever. So, I don't care about how big they are. I also can put limit to 2000.

Can we talk about size limit, speed limit, etc. ? Not the last thing, DrawScales bigger than 3.0 not exist in my mod.
I was amused last time to see names like MEGATitan, MEGASlith :lol: . They forgot to design TeraTitan and TeraSlith.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:30 am

When I said 'fault' I meant in a kind of silly/humorous way. Cuz the map with the pupae is fun to play, the OMG is just insane so far...

The AvP map actually wasn't my idea, it was a request. I still hold to that strategy for that map though, as I've tried playing it with a mutator to stop the monsters fighting which makes the map take upwards of an hour or more to beat.

The OMG map I removed 6 factories, only left the one, and it's still unbeatable so far. I also took out the multiple bunkers, got it down to just 4 now, as I was hoping it would slow the big guys down. Sadly, they just walk over them.

I know the BPak weapons, used them for MH-Ghostbusters][.

Editing speed isn't a big thing, they're not too quick. Editing their size would be handy as those OMG are huge.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:50 am

Good ! Now let's move to the next chapter. Try to develop this map against double jumps. Know to do this ?

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:34 pm

Nelsona wrote:Good ! Now let's move to the next chapter. Try to develop this map against double jumps. Know to do this ?
I do not but I don't have double jumps anyway so it's never been a concern.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:18 am

Not really for you, as a surprise for others... Will be better to learn different other tricks if you want to develop something new.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:00 pm

Nelsona wrote:Not really for you, as a surprise for others... Will be better to learn different other tricks if you want to develop something new.
Might be kinda cool, if only so if I'm hosting someday someone tries to make one and thinks there's something wrong with their computer preventing them from doing it :P

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:55 pm

Oke, can you do something like a defense, I mean we humans and our bot(s) need to take care about us ? More detailed, we just spawned, now we are interested about some weapons around, but suddenly some dudes started a mad attack against us...

What do you think ? Can we have a party ?

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:11 pm

Nelsona wrote:Oke, can you do something like a defense, I mean we humans and our bot(s) need to take care about us ? More detailed, we just spawned, now we are interested about some weapons around, but suddenly some dudes started a mad attack against us...

What do you think ? Can we have a party ?
I use no kind of spawn protection. You either are safe when you respawn or you're dead again almost immediately.

Party?