Whoops! (map goof)

Posts about what EvilGrins has been or is up to!
Nelsona
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Re: Whoops! (map goof)

Post by Nelsona » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:14 am

I checked map :lol:

Are you kidding ? Which door (mover) was opened ? There isn't any mover here as I can see.

Maybe I'm blind but let's see what can say other mapper(s) (I'm not mapper anyway...)
NO_bug00.JPG
But... if you need I can put some Bot Support for you in these "maps" and maybe some small things to enhance party...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EvilGrins
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by EvilGrins » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:34 pm

Nelsona wrote:Are you kidding ? Which door (mover) was opened ? There isn't any mover here as I can see. Maybe I'm blind but let's see what can say other mapper(s) (I'm not mapper anyway...)
But... if you need I can put some Bot Support for you in these "maps" and maybe some small things to enhance party...
1) You may be blind but you're also right, sort of. There isn't a door. The nice thing about making so many versions of the same map is I can use another as an example.

Download this one...
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3229
...play it, and then look at it in UnrealEd.

There's no door. The place the door you saw on the other one is completely blank, or it's supposed to be, until the last monster is killed. Then it opens up and you can exit the map.

2) Since I put a "1" up there I guess I had to follow it up with another number :mrgreen:

3) Since I'm adding numbers, what kind of bot support did you have in mind?

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:07 am

In second map Butterfiles ..., mover exist (is a pink one unexistent in first case)

Next time be happy when things works normally, because for me and for my maths 1 + 1 = 2
Is exactly the same here:
NO_bug01.JPG
1) Mover exists but you still messing up with settings already explained here (of course nobody seems read forum in detail);
2) Your Bot is attracted to end because is too close, no need paths, will GRAB any mover in his way and bye;
3) If you don't believe me, remove bot, go to mover, stay touched with it and tell it in console: GRAB (yeah, in console not pressing T or R).

Any questions about these "bugs" ? I think the subject GRAB was posted enough times and soon will look like spaming forum. Looking at setting I don't need to try map because I already know results.

In my MH things are perfect normal, Player Bot won't kill any cow or assumed butterfly, friendly creatures aren't hunted. Let's say, I have a better A.I. controller.
NO_bug02.JPG
Have fun !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:43 am

1) I want the playerbot to kill everything, monsters and players. He wouldn't be much good if he only fought the players.

2) Actually the playerbot can't activate the exit. Yeah, he does walk towards it but it won't open for him. I've played the map with absolutely no players in spectator mode and let him walk around. He walks into the "wall" where the exit is and then turns away.

3) No worries on killing the butterflies. They can survive direct hits from the most powerful UT weapons. It's a good thing they can't fight back.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:16 am

EvilGrins wrote: 2) Actually the playerbot can't activate the exit. Yeah, he does walk towards it but it won't open for him.
Really ? Change that bullshit bUseTriggered and will speak about this later. Maybe you can see what can do that Bot when has weapon and will be close to a normal Bot. A Pawn.bIsPlayer can do some things, Woow, is a bug in mover, yeah, very big bug - created by mapping maybe :P.

If you could read entirely my post you can see that I already described what is about even for a player with that mover.

Problem 2) Is a repeat of a post already described. You have a single Factory connected to that counter. Killing all monsters belongs to that Factory will open door, doesn't mater how many other monsters are around since counter is already triggered.

Personal Note:
For controllers like default MH, be sure about I won't use that ever any more. I worked to an extended A.I. attitude and I even though at Followers (friends of player but killed by Bots). Yeah, I'm thinking at Followers support but I'm computing the engine load. I gain more resources and I'm not intend to mess up the future technology. On this new attitude Bot is friend with player and cows and Nalis doesn't matter if is starting with player or is already in map.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:14 pm

Let me be more specific, I know that if the exit were open the playerbot could walk in and cause the game to end prematurely but he can't actually open it before the last monster is killed. The only thing I've ever seen open an exit prematurely on that particular map setup are repeated blasts from the Nali Weapons IIX Ultima Protos gun.

I do try to understand you but your manner of typing in English is EXTREMELY confusing most of the time. I'm not sure if you don't quite grok sentence structure or are just straight out using a translation program.

As stated, I don't know from counters. This is an edit of Kaal's setup of that map. Although I've noticed that removing other factories and trying to edit the counter's properties for less total monsters, on that MH-OMG][, makes it so the exit doesn't open. Dunno why but like I said, I don't quite get counters.

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:59 pm

Well, before I do anything wrong or get my hands on the wrong material,
perhaps you should have a look at this forum first:

http://www.destinationunreal.com/module ... ht=deleted

He has released like a thousand versions of this map.
From which version is your map created?

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:02 pm

:lol: Don't be worried about my english. I noticed some dudes who might need an English to English translator to understand the help coming with MH talking about Bot Support and other things from tutorials.

Btw, I put something at Mars, a small Monster Support if you want to see a few details in How To Handle A.I. :mrgreen:

Subject: Crappy weaponry which ruin movers is already described, I won't repeat troubles related to goodies like HyperClusterFlak ruining Tentacles in alternate fire and even Bots, NapalmRocketLauncher or like this stucking movers, and so on. Looking at logs I don't know if I need to cry or to laugh... Have fun with craps, oops cool weapons with bugs in Network Play and even out of Network.

I'm sorry for my English but I have other different priorities with a higher level of importance (for me).

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:23 am

Terraniux wrote:He has released like a thousand versions of this map.
From which version is your map created?
I think the initial MH-BRUTES][ is the one I made all of these from...

http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/tag ... 20variants

...discounting the ones Keller made for me, some of which I further edited.

Some of those pics are a bit out of date but the maps still exist.

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:49 am

I am missing alot of files, could you add them to the archive please?
Otherwise I should download everything file from certain archives...

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:39 am

Terraniux wrote:I am missing alot of files, could you add them to the archive please?
Otherwise I should download everything file from certain archives...
You're missing files in general or from this map?

I'm very good about sending all related files to my edits.

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:18 pm

Files related to this map, they are I believe.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:18 pm

Terraniux wrote:Files related to this map, they are I believe.
I included all the files for this map. The original didn't have many.

It's basically a map, the music file, the monster package, and the weapons package. If you've got those, and they're in the .zip so you should, you've got it all.

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:44 pm

I recorded a video with a screen recorder, I will upload it on youtube this week.
It will be present on the website too.