Godzilla: not originally my idea but a good one

Posts about what EvilGrins has been or is up to!
EvilGrins
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Godzilla: not originally my idea but a good one

Post by EvilGrins » Sun May 20, 2012 5:48 pm

There used to be a decent forum for ut2004, which is gone now, where I was having a chat with some folks about their gametype "Invasion". Basically it's kinda like Monster Arena, that thing that came with the initial release of Monster Hunt that nobody uses anymore...

...dunny why. Monster Arena is quite cool!

Anyway, the discussion was what are the limits to the size of monsters you can make in a game. Seeing as the maps for ut2004 are unbelieveably HUGE, could all that space be used to make an actually life-sized, insofar as life size applies to an Unreal game, version of Godzilla.

Sadly that forum doesn't exist anymore but there were a few people that thought it was possible.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs21/i/2007/ ... uverse.jpg

Can it be done for MonsterHunt?
Can MH ut99 have a Godzilla?

We've seen monster skins mapped over existing monsters, from the lose lame Imps & Barons (Doom) put over Krall to the much more impressive Xenomorph (Aliens) mapped over Pupae.

The largest monster I've seen to date was a StoneTitan made about 10 times larger than the normal size on one particular map.

1) Anybody think they can make a decent looking Godzilla skin, tail and all, and put it on an existing monster?

2) What is largest we could make our potential Godzilla?

Given anyone can edit fire attacks from one monster to another, or even from weapons, the flame breath shouldn't be too difficult.

EvilGrins
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: Godzilla: not originally my idea but a good one

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:57 pm

Given some people have adapted models into monsters, there's a viable existing one that could work for a Godzilla monster.

Steg was the last model released from Skin City before it crashed and stopped accepting anything new.

Other than the face, which looks more like a dino sex doll, it's a workable form someone could adapt into a Godzilla monster. It'd just need to be made taller and possibly get an actual reptilian snout with teeth in it.

I skinned the heck out of it as the original model had no team colors.