Skaarj make Big-bada-BOOM

Posts about what EvilGrins has been or is up to!
EvilGrins
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Skaarj make Big-bada-BOOM

Post by EvilGrins » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:49 pm

The military Skaarj units in UT can pick up and use pretty much any and all weapons the players can. However, while I've seen them pick up redeemers before, I'm petty sure I've never seen any of them fire off a redeemer missile.

Can they (SkaarjOfficer, SkaarjSniper, SkaarjTrooper, SkaarjGunner, SkaarjInfantry) fire the redeemer?

Nelsona
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Re: Skaarj make Big-bada-BOOM

Post by Nelsona » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:06 pm

Depends on redeemer. A single time in my hours of MH play I saw a Skaarj firing a redeemer when I fired 3 rockets against him. I repeat, I saw this a single time. (Was map MH-AS-Frigate.unr - Ported to MH by Zeal ?) - Bot support need some hug not like was done... Using an AS map for MH and expecting magic - this won't happen by default, :P) - Cough, I think I'll redo map for MH as should be and wasn't done.

Later, I checked why even my Bot who collected my throwed redeemer never used it. I found problem and I fixed it. I think this was other MH issue since monsters are powerfull and the most of players are using redeemers against monsters. Is called AIRating and even other function talking with A.I. pawns about how is the weapon (do not expect to see good things in those redone Old weapons belongs to MonsterHunt package ....RateSelf:Accesed None)

I just changed a line related to A.I.: return 0.35 (stupid weapon) with 0.95 (looks like is the best - and it is - Job done).
Once collected a redeemer, A.I. pawn fired immediately against enemy.