STOP HITTING YOURSELF!

Posts about what EvilGrins has been or is up to!
EvilGrins
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

STOP HITTING YOURSELF!

Post by EvilGrins » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:16 pm

I never really played Unreal1, so I don't know if it ever happened with that. What I do know is it does happen in ut99 fairly often.

Skaarj slashing at nothing and damaging themselves.

I don't know what starts it but they keep doing it until they're dead. I don't know that I've seen any of the other monsters do this, just the Skaarj.

Both the Skaarj military and the Skaarj with the claws.

Thoughts?

Nelsona

Re: STOP HITTING YOURSELF!

Post by Nelsona » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:06 am

Let me hang by something because it's a long time since I laughed so hard.

Is this OFF-TOPIC ? I don't know, maybe. Want to fix this ? I know a guy who posted about some map to let monsters to kill each others (even themselves ?) :lol:

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:13 am

Noticed something else recently. The Skaarj hurting itself, in this case the gold one, is regarded by all other Skaarj as a threat. They start trying to kill it while it keeps trying to kill itself:

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:18 am

Nelsona wrote:Is this OFF-TOPIC ?
I dunno, sorta kinda maybe...ish.
Nelsona wrote:Want to fix this ? I know a guy who posted about some map to let monsters to kill each others (even themselves ?) :lol:
Not sure if this can be fixed, per se. I'd just like to understand it.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:53 am

Let's put things head to head. A.I. developed with charm by Epic is strange sometimes. I saw a few things in a class (I don't scan for it now), when this happened in a new MH controller coded by me, I thought that I ruined some attitude (even wasn't anything ilogic there). Now you can see the same thing in other games not only MH. Well, seems to be a need to use a bit SYF code (mutator) by Gopostal or another one modified (is just preventing fighting of a monster with any monster doesn't matter if is or not the same monster enemy and victim). Even some Skaarj classes might crash game (is a big bullshit sometimes what did Epic in original). I worked more hours to catch this and now I cannot see this thing any more - I'm still using slowly a kind of SYF code in BaseMutator (I added a few lines based on MindReader2 modified as well). Also I think this damage is related to their melee range bad configured involving even a self damage. Maybe you will say "is a mad ideea" but I think here is about even the function AnnoyedBy(Pawn Other) and I guess is not excepted self class. So, our stupid monster will attempt to remove itself.

Even I modified a bit Broadcasting Messages related to pawn Killer vs Pawn Victim to notice when Killer delivered a stupid suicide. YES, I had confirmation. In original MH Broadcasting you can see "a SkaarjLord killed a SkaarjLord" - seems a fight between 2 Skaarj but in fact can be other alternative: The Same Skaarj hacked itself like a moron. For this reason I changed messages Broadcasting the reality not a fake fight. In certain UTJMH versions I saw rarely Skaarj fighting, but no enemy around (mutator has protection against damage for Monster Vs Monster but it doesn't stop their fight - even with themselves).

Now I think you can see why people need proper controllers to play with monsters or else strange and crappy things are happening (sometimes unwanted).