working another map by [SPG]

Posts about what EvilGrins has been or is up to!
EvilGrins
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

working another map by [SPG]

Post by EvilGrins » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:16 pm

It's badly textured but has much the same setup as MH-FirstTry[SPG].

This was MH-KillThemAll[SPG] but my edit's going with [EG]. Not planning on uploading this anywhere, keeping it for myself, but thought I'd share the basics so far. Like the other map, it's got a lot of rooms, each with different monsters, separated by big crates wedged in the doorways. The last room has a teleport that goes to the boss room, which then leads to the exit.

Only one level this time.

Nelsona

Re: working another map by [SPG]

Post by Nelsona » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:53 pm

Yeah, this was another "spam-in-cubes" map without to have a story or something. I said was because I have one modified (I had more than one reason) original "MH" map without anything common with MonsterHunt, all ammo are placed in start area and 0 later, Galtic Launcher is a trash (in my mod is automatically normalized), textures (worse english than mine), I saw a bunch of lights, a player noticed me in game about 0 relics, heck (I placed Bot Support and relics are available now as well), since is dedicated for regen mods I removed a ton of useless ammo to not spam pickup-log useless (now I turned this log off by default).

Good point, EG. Indeed these pieces need a bit of love to be maps.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:27 am

Yeah, that Galtic thing is just annoying. Replaced it with standard redeemers. Only using normal weapons on this map. The boxes in the doors are easy to destroy, relatively. One redeemer shot, 5 shots from the instagib.

I didn't even realize I had this map on my system. Kinda wondering what other maps this guy made, wondering if they're all setup kinda along these same lines.

Have you seen any other maps with [SPG] on the end of the filename?

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:51 pm

I need to check stuff, I cannot remember everything right now, I just moved in other place anoying things, but if you look more I'm sure you will find more assumed MH maps good to be loved.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:50 pm

When I have the time. Working weekends and other little stuff takes up a lot of that time.

Then there's this · http://evilgrins.livejournal.com/1120190.html
A new dilemma for my home system.

One thing I did was put some decent music on the map. Picked something I think is very appropriate for a map with a lot of action on it.

Dragula by Rob Zombie.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:11 am

Ah, that problem is for off-topic I guess. Yeah, be sure about last post, some "cool sites" are done just to trap people (I don't know why - maybe to release Internet resources devastated by people who are just eating bandwidth doing nothing usefull, :D, if 1000000 people crawlers are down, some bandwidth might be freed :) )... Is just my opinion about these scripts doing craps with PC-s.

Back in this topic. Copy your player UT99 version in other place, uncache files in that version, if some trouble is happening, just check the log and remove the trouble-maker file(s). After that look in maps folder (if you visited more servers you'll see "what's new").