Dark Forest edit

Posts about what EvilGrins has been or is up to!
Nelsona
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Re: Dark Forest edit

Post by Nelsona » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:10 am

Now, we can improve other things (suggested by Higor). Everybody can see what kinda trees we have in here. Let's see what we have: 151+1 trees which are ... trash at collision chapter.
Look!
Trees.jpg
As you can see, now I'm not surprised to see what kinda trees are those. Right now I modified a few things:
- select all WS... 34;
- collisionheight = 463, collisionradius = 80 to 85 (check details);
- NetFrequency = 5.000000 - LOL. Why 100 ? Are they runing in map ?
- bStasis = False - Why ? I want them rendered with any matter;
- bStatic = True - No move;
- all collisions parameteres = True & non-pushable decos.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EvilGrins
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by EvilGrins » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:41 am

I like it.

Still don't want the bots to be able to finish the map, though... but otherwise this is beautiful.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:07 pm

According to what little I can find on it, the original map was made by THUNDERBOLT for one of the Nali Weapons packages, either 2 or 3. That's the reason it's got so many excessive monsters on it.

While I do like higor's idea of putting cylinders in the trees, I see 2 problems.
1) Just for the flow of the map, the bosses aren't just powerful... they're BIG. I'm worried if more of the trees had a solid element (there's already 3 solid trees on the map) the bosses couldn't navigate the area so well.

It'd be really sad to see a boss hung up on a tree it's not smart enough to walk around.

2) More on a personal note, I use my favorite redeemer mutator on the map, which helps me clear it up very effectively

Deemer Fireworks · http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?p=59585#p59585

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:48 pm

I have to say that posts here seem to be deeper as far as replies than most forums. I want to be clear that there is a "new" button around here somewhere in the event you actually want to start a new topic. Just saying...
~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:13 am

Nelsona, regarding making the trees solid by putting cylinders in them... what about making only some solid and leaving the rest as is? I don't wanna interfere with the movement of the really BIG monsters.

Also, don't do it yet (if you haven't already started) wanna run something else by you.
Hermskii wrote:there is a "new" button around here somewhere in the event you actually want to start a new topic. Just saying...
This thread is about this 1 map. Maybe some side stuff too but it all pertains back to the one map...

...or maps as others have taken shots of making their own versions...

...this is all about the DarkForest.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:01 pm

Nah, let me repeat. I've rebuiled original collision from those trees - no other cylinder, is just their own cilider nasty computed. You know... I did not see any Titan blocked, neither that Brute from "Wood-Cutter House", rescaling monsters at value 2 (is an add-on in my mod) and teaming them is a cute challenge because they are fearless. Of course I tuned things a bit in my version each swarm has their own HomeBase so they won't be spreaded. Also I added 9 Waypoints and Bots ended map with 0 monsters remaining crawling almost entire forest. I'm not curious for default MH because I think I hate it enough.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:42 pm

What I originally hoped would be a well pathed map has resulted in 3 well pathed maps; kept them all as they're very much different levels of play. Both edits of my edit done by Nelsona, and Red_Mist's 1 edit of my edit. Actually, the one thing that has stymied much furher development on my part is I keep playing them, and making mild little adjustments.
Given the Mini·Warlords don't leave a corpse, I swapped their skin with the one I used for the uber·powerful Warlords on a deathmatch map I edited a stretch back.

Haven't heard from Nelsona & Red_Mist since, they may be doing further edits to what they have... or not. In any event, when all is said and done, I'll release all maps in 1 .zip, everybody credited for what they did.

Higor's idea to make some of the trees solid might work well for a side request. Hook wanted a conversion of the map for Deathmatches. I'm going to do a rough edit on that later this week.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:12 am

There is no time for me to attack everything. I worked at a few news into a controller so I quited wasting too much time with this edit. What is done as I considered ? I think if Bot needs to finish map because of a simple thing: New player without knowledge about what's going on probably need a guide what to do (please remember your first MH moments). My personal rule is simple: If a map cannot be ended at least once by a Bot this means doesn't have BOT SUPPORT. Others might be satisfied with their rules. For me if A.I. cannot point me to my actions = 0 support. That's why in my local edit, map is full A.I. featured. And... I have more maps edited for myself if On-Line servers bugs me. They have movers and triggers properly set, Bot Support is a default rule. Aditional inventories added and/or craps removed as needed. These edits aren't based on UTJ rules because UTJ not helped too much MH just changed the smelt.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:28 pm

True, even I do enjoy maps the bots can end... I was just worried about them ending this one too soon. Most MH maps either have a built in "kill everything and it ends" mentality, as in when the alst monster dies that triggers the end of the map... or the exit is behind a door that only opens after the last whatever on the map is killed.

While the exit on this map is hard to get to, I think if the bots can access it that should only occur after everything else, except maybe GrimReaper and Skullheads, are dead.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:51 pm

A few Main rules to kill everthing for ending map have been tried by more people but not all of them understood what's going on. Let me quote a few things:
- MonsterEnd by default is inactive - will come to live when is turned on by some Event (counter, dispatcher, monster, etc) - else some turd will end map properly without to bother with monsters;
- Monsters needs to be counted well and placed in map properly to not fell or get stucked anywhere;
- CreatureFactory - certain assumed MonsterHunt mods have troubles with this subject - trigger that admin who cry useless to recode his crap else will keep manure in server for years (MonsterHunt without monsters - even a hen is laughing );
- Monsters - like CreatureFactory exist prototypes even out of stock which are OK in original MonsterHunt but not in others because are "fixed" - these monsters missing if are meant to trigger something for sure will break map if they are destroyed by GameInfo;
- Watch mover configuration - if such a stupid brush returns when encroach something, BYE BYE because door or whatever border is closed back - supposed mappers don't have more ideea about what they doing - this is the very first basic fix of UTJ series;
- If Bot is a must-have in that map, for sure geometry needs to be well computed to not see Bot racing without to mind monsters. For such subject you can toy with your collected maps. If you understand what wants a Bot things are going to be enough simple;
- Take your time and count each piece placed in map - when start a local party first do a check in HUD if all creatures are there - ONLY SCRIPTEDPAWNS are counted.

Imagine that not all these conditions can always be respected. That's why if in map we still have 3 monsters not 300 I don't think is a problem.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:33 pm

BUMP !??? No, just an add-on note.

I'll throw in my home-edit some triggers in wild zones in order to see Bot recovering Navigation after hunting monsters. Purpose: decreasing pathnodes number to save resources.

Trigger will point a lost Bot in 4 seconds to run at a fixed destination with any matter.