Dark Forest edit

Posts about what EvilGrins has been or is up to!
EvilGrins
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: Dark Forest edit

Post by EvilGrins » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:51 pm

Here's medor's results for that map · http://medor.no-ip.org/index.php?search ... archMode=f

Just the MH ones.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:09 pm

Te he... as usual, a map might have V1 to 100 and 0 fixes. I keep my personal edit because worked as I wanted without a trouble. Minilords removed - bad monster, Mercs are fighting not camping in that corner. All Movers were set properly, map pathed. There isn't any need for protecting end due to combat situation. I'm simply thinking that none of those having what I have, :D, Good point, EG. I got a good thing right now and I solved other 2 problems during this race through fixing things: Tentacle starting bug, Bot Support for water zones (I mean a better movement-navigation to not stay until get drowned), kinda voice whispering: Follow the nodes, Luke!
I compared the reaction in water (Sliths area) with other map having a "water-objective". That second one has those Tentacles (a bunch), so I fixed them too because I don't need annoying spam in logs.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:31 pm

Nelsona wrote:Te he... as usual, a map might have V1 to 100 and 0 fixes.
I wouldn't say 0. One of those at that link, I forget which one, was an edit by Fuzzy. He had a number of issues with the original map, so he tried to correct them.

There's a link on his forum about the specific changes he made, I'll see if I can track that down.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:33 am

Then let's recall a few things:
- huge 1 single zone - pointless and causing lags;
- Factories spawning much over counters - is just spam;
- Respecting messages leads in monsters unhunted remaining throwed in different zones;
- Spawnpoints for Sliths are extremely spreaded - tell me how many people are crawling to take down all of them;
- Mover(s) issues;
- Creatures out of stock mesed up (a la B.B.Boy & Co);
- Need pathetic mutators (to help) because it lacks in ammo and if a player get mad will shoot "Warshell" projectiles fired by "Pond Monster" making it to suicide easily;
- Rifle(s) placed very high pointless - probably as decoration;
- Destructible decorations having 0 content resulting only in "cool effect" and probably engine errors;
- Biterfish has no logic (doesn't matter how skinned is) - is self destroying before starting match because this pawn has a mother School and won't play alone;
- Map objective "... Kill all..." - there is not any protection to not end map before to kill all monsters, so anybody can break this rule;
- Not so many players are glad to reach at Queen since is not linked as a part of mission so she can sleep well this time;
- Pathing for relics, BotSupport, different muts spawning things, is missing in the most of battle areas.

The questions is: Exist a version with these fixations ?

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:18 am

Nelsona wrote:- Pathing for relics, BotSupport, different muts spawning things, is missing in the most of battle areas.
As you know, my fave mutator is deemer fireworks: a patriotic redeemer of excessive explosions. On most maps it picks 1 spot to respawn randomly, never the same place twice.

In DarkForest it ALWAYS pops up under the Stone Tree. I suspect that's where Relics would wind up to.
Nelsona wrote:The questions is: Exist a version with these fixations ?
This is Fuzzy's edit notes · http://www.unrealfuzz.com/forums/viewto ... 1244#p1244

Okay, ready for a peek:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/u0z96 ... t+ZETA.zip

Nelsona, after you've taken a look over what I've done... I'd like you to add your bot pathing to this... with the exception of allowing the bots to get on top of the kitty's head. Please!

A few things:
M16 - While it sits a little oddly in player's hands, can't tell in the HUD, this is by far my favorite version of this weapon I've seen in UT. Minus the one that comes with the Infiltration mutator, anyway.

BlueBaller - If anyone ever made the instagib into an uzi, this is pretty close to what it would be. It's not quite that powerful but it's pretty close. I think the 1 thing that will keep players from primarily using this is that you usually can't see anything when you're shooting it. The muzzle flash is extreme... but it's still good for clearing a path when you're nearly overrun.

GreenieGun - This is basically just the ripper with cute things mapped over the projectiles. No visible weapon in the HUD, alt fire is a lot stronger than the ripper's alt.

I placed a redeemer directly behind the cabin. Seemed like a good idea, as that's often the fallback position.

At some point (no rush on this) I'd like someone to try and fix a glitch from the original map. At the far side of the falls is a tunnel with a Queen and strong pupae. Once they're dead there's a lift in there that takes you to a room at the top of the falls... only the lift doesn't work. I don't know from triggers so I don't have a clue how to fix it. Not that it's important, there's nothing really up there.

Oh, that one intro line I couldn't figure out? Picked something:

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:02 am

C'mon man... that's a pathing challenge not a plain field piece of cake. But... as you wish, I'll put them as for final point to reach at Red Mountain before to jump into cave to teleporter. There will be a dead End (not triggerable) just to have a last Target... or... a nasty sweet thing to make them to fall away retrying forever to end map but without luck - only human will end map.
Let me see first what you edited Probably I have to fix those meshes with unexistent animations (as I recall a teleporter was bugged like that - I forgot to mention this in bugs list).

Right now I finished download. Launch Editor... Cya later!

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:11 am

Not loaded in Editor. Log says:

Code: Select all

Failed to load 'greenie': Can't find file for package 'greenie'
Pack all files. Hint: get list from game-log if map manager not helps.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:06 pm

Nelsona wrote:Pack all files. Hint: get list from game-log if map manager not helps.
Oops.

I use this utility called UT Mapper. It's supposed to list all required files for any selected map.

Dunno how it missed that one.

Was that all that was missing?

You can find the 'greenie' in this · http://www.unrealcentral.com/downloads/ ... nieGun.zip

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:05 pm

Opened and I did a first scan. Assuming you want there some "monsters" to help player and even normal monsters to respond at player challenge and their fancy slaves I think we need to slap a few things first or during pathing (pawn pathing generally not only Bot pathing):
- atitude to player = Friendly not Hate for those TeamCannons prototypes - more logic even code is not a charm in their configuration;
- bHateWhentrigered = True (having even a tag - will see later why). Being bHateWhenTriggered will respond at any lost projectile fired by a normal monster (or not lost);
- ThingFactories in this case insult our problem. Only CreatureFactory might grant aditional features to monsters spawned - so is replaced. From CreatureFactory monster can take an order like Attacking. This will be boosted by OrderTag matching our cannons supposed monsters. When pawn has no special enemy (Bot or Player) and has a visibility to cannon will have chances to attack (this works proved in my mod - not so sure for default MH).
- Cannon Monster getting hit from a normal monster won't be glad and will hunt it automatically.
All these might develop some errors because are coded by Epic. Getting over them in big parts ought to work only if default MH and some Mutator won't bug them.
- Other suggested add-on: TeamMonster might perform a patrol. Are you reading this ? Yes, these prototypes having exactly default monster code can patrol entire map as long as they might have even 100 PatrolPoints increasing changes for combat. First one in start area will wait door to be opened before to scan for threats outside.

If these right parameters won't rise some battle-dust then I have to implement into MyLevel some Evil_Spirit_Of_The_Forest, short name Mother_Karma. Which means monsters if haven't a target human or bot nearby, will attack everthing which moves overriding default crap MH 503 and their ignorant attitude.

Now I go to set modifications.
Last edited by Nelsona on Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:04 pm

Okay, I typed up a big old thing and my computer ate it. So, simpler.

Leave the TeamMonsters as they are, pretty much already do exactly as you suggested: ignore players, attack monsters when shot by them. They're fine as is.

I'd kinda like to know 1 thing:
To the far left of the starting cabin is a spot the TMs, if they're not distracted by other things, all migrate to. I have no idea why... but it might be nice to know.

As soon as you're done with the pathing, send it back my way; by the way, I'm crediting you for that in the eventual ReadMe that will go with as well as the selection window. One of the next things I wanna do is reduce the max numbers on the creaturefactories to more realistic levels. Close to whatever the count is for the stages, that triggers the messages of "You must now goto..." wherever. Think it'd be nice if once you got to the next stage not so many of the monsters from the previous stage are still around.

Thanks in advance!

Oh, by the way, should you play my edit... avoid the cabin at top of the cliff on the right side. With stuff on the map there is a way to get up there (I don't have double-jump) I put a translocator in a not too hard to reach place, but even with that... do not go up there. It would be bad.

If you decide to go up there, don't look in UnrealEd first. It would ruin the surprise.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:39 am

Meh, if you want to see Trooper helping the player more not only touched by chance probably aggressivity needs increased, try skill 2 letting mods to perform aditional tweaks if exist any, and bHateWhenTriggered is a need. If you are confused, try to see in LostSouls how is managed last battle. For such case (I tried a such kinda noise and even more), default MH simply starts with a crapton of errors and ruin some monster tweak, is a very need to test each such special stuff else it won't work. Also it looks like a huge number of creatures will limit UT stuff and creativity of mappers to simple things.
Now what can I say, I'll keep a copy of this for my fun (ignoring cannon errors if I can ....). I cannot compare how works in my mod Vs original MH. Is like difference betweeen an elephant and a small kity. For default MH there are aggressivity chances 1/5, in my case increased to 3.5/5, happens because of too much load else would be more cute.

Map is pathed, Bot won't finish map, neither to climb anywhere, will finish his race at Red Mountain entrance and ... player will see what he wants. I did not checked any translocator, for me that is not MH stuff, any monster can be telefragged (0 surprise in my case - I'm always using map stuff) ... no surprise.
Requests:
- see if Bots works well (at least in Freelance);
- see if Troopers Cannons helps enough;
- adjust other things as you want if something bugs you.
MH-EG-DARKFOREST_PT.zip
I'm guesing you can develop it as needed. Here is only the map, I think you have aditional files. Need to complete paths more ? Let me know.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:45 am

Wow that was a lot of talk and work over this map. I hope you're both happy now.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hook
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:37 am

Yeah!!!

You know, there is another DM map called: "DM-DarkForest"
It does not appear to be the same map.
Could you convert this to a DM map? :D (with a slightly different name, and no monsters of course)
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:41 pm

Hermskii wrote:Wow that was a lot of talk and work over this map. I hope you're both happy now.
In big parts we have something getting rid of less cute things (I have my other personal edit with full Bot playability - my aggressivity chain trick will be restricted as aditional point ... will go in desired topic). In other parts, Off-Topic seems the very heat point through this forum not exactly UT. I want to see other posts, questions, solutions, hints ... but ...

Code: Select all

ScriptWarning: (Function.ForumPost.UTSubject:0001) Accesed None
LoopAnim: Sequence 'DebateUTSubject' not found in Mesh 'OFF-Topic'
Te heh...

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:17 pm

There's 2 DM ones · http://medor.no-ip.org/index.php?search ... archMode=f
Hook wrote:Could you convert this to a DM map? :D (with a slightly different name, and no monsters of course)
Easily, but I think I might like to leave the bosses on it as they can surive multiple hits from Deemer Fireworks and just the 3 of them shouldn't be too much of an issue for your PirateDeemer boys.