CTF-Cannons-TOXIC-REDUX-[SLV]

Posts about what EvilGrins has been or is up to!
EvilGrins
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

CTF-Cannons-TOXIC-REDUX-[SLV]

Post by EvilGrins » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:03 pm

Ever since I edited that "Jets in Space" map I've learned 2 things:
· I love maps with flying vehicles.
· I am a terrible pilot.

A lot of forums that use any of the flying type mutators, that swap redeemers with something players can ride, I've noticed from the videos they post that they don't tend to feature much in the way of competition. It's almost as though the primary focus is to make maps for the videos but not for any opposition to face off against. So I've been looking for maps that could be ideal for such scenarios...
...and here we are!

This is an edit of a map by R3plicant. Original is here:
https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... d82be.html

I may do further edits with UTDMmonsters, but for now this is sufficient. Each base has a ut2k4 cannon guarding the flag and, thanks to Nelsona, this map has both bot-pathing and SLV-pathing, the latter of which is mostly for the bots' benefit. Not that you'll see bots take the flag while flying, but I have seen a bot run to the enemy base, get the flag, and then launch SLV to fly back to their own base and tag it up.

This map is most ideal for mutators of SLV (StrangeLove) but it can also handle RX (Rocket-X) and even Rosebum's Flying Saucer (Alien-X) if you have it...
...which I do!

Like I said, I'm not a great pilot but there's enough room on this map that I can largely avoid crashing into anything. Map is a little longer/wider than HallOfGiants and that suits me fine. There are tunnels below and above that are linked with Warp Zones.

All in all, I think this is an ideal map for those that love to fly...
...but I'd appreciate some actual pilots to give it a go and let me know for sure.

Usual Suspects:
.u - /system
.umx - /music
.unr - /maps
.utx - /textures
.png - Pwetty!

Enjoy!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/g7hdvmio ... UX-SLV.zip