CTF-XV-UTDMT-AppalachianWonderland

Posts about what EvilGrins has been or is up to!
EvilGrins
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

CTF-XV-UTDMT-AppalachianWonderland

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:06 am

Vehicles in any game are fun, just for driving which is always fun as well as new ways to blow things, and people, up.
For those that don't know the history here (as I'll be posting this various places) FeraliDragon, the mad genius who created Nali Weapons 1 & 2 & 3, created tanks and jeeps that can be used in UT. Very fun with only the one slight problem that they wouldn't work online; not a huge problem for me as I don't play online that often.

But then, Buggie fixed them and now they do work online... plus he added helicopters!
So I've been skimming maps I've got that had the room for this kinda play.

What we have here is a MASSIVE map with small properties sparsely here and there. Original map only had sniper rifles, and was designed for both CTF & DOM gametypes; though it was only released for CTF.

I added rocket launchers & miniguns, there's a redeemer at each base in the barns, plus I added health which wasn't there.

From Xvehicles I added to each team 2 of the smaller tanks and 1 jeep. The FixGun (handy to repair damage) is in a shed near the center of the map.

Now, despite the obvious size issue... I did discover one truly odd thing:
I gave each team a UTDMT, basically I updated an old map that already had Team-Titans on it with vehicles, but I wasn't expecting the Titans to be able to get into the vehicles... but they can. Which isn't so bad, per se, but it is a little weird to watch the vehicles start hurling boulders.

Usual Suspects:
.u - /system
.umx - /music
.unr - /maps
.utx - /textures
.png - Pwetty!

Enjoy!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/1ltidvc1 ... erland.zip

You can get Xvehicles here · https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=14936 · which you need to make this work!