Need More Fixes ?

Posts about Nelsona's findings in UT!
Nelsona

Re: Need More Fixes ?

Post by Nelsona » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:24 am

Uuuff, I modified a remake for ScubaGear to awake the interest of Kira for this Inventory, indeed now isn't drowning so often at traveling water-zones, but I noticed other trouble. Grrrr, is pissing me off now. I have to recreate the desire for Armors. They are very very interested about them, I have some technology to put them in movement but they won't hesitate to return to a bad placed armor spot (right almost in their path - almost because was really stupid placed) especially in harder pathed maps where they are 50% confused and almost might stuck attack. Anyway I didn't found a logic to put armors closer to a non-battlefield where nobody is fighting and 0 armors in heavy zones crawling with enemies.

I just modified a harder map for Bots (implemented bot support) - there I tested A.I. power delivered by CPU in my mod VS original MH. Setting orders to Attack made Bots to run in place in MH503 and put them in move more efficient in Freelance (native travel - a bit out of A.I. controller). In my version Freelance is reserved to do what they want (I leaved it alone just to match some battle area or defence style). In attack, they start crawling in map having 90% chances to finish it (have zones impossible to make blue paths - just red - small places). Also I modified the ilogic placement of some armors placed even without purpose. I think next homework is to remove desire for armors if they have more than half of charge to forget bullshits and to hunt normally. For ammo and health, problem seems to be solved, they understand their aditional regen load and won't spent 2 months collecting health and/or ammo insufficient informed by mutator(s), I have a new better tweak.

Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by Hermskii » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:13 pm

I hate when you give an order to bots and they run in place.
~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:21 pm

Hermskii wrote:I hate when you give an order to bots and they run in place.
That's when I shoot them.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:42 am

Yup, sometimes errors won't deliver an Accesed None in console (server or client) that thing will simply not work as needed. For that behavior exists a solution hacked from CTF. No path to target, wander around... Is a Path ? Gooo !

Original code tell to Bot something like this: Your target is a Waypoint - Go !. Is simple and crappy. What if target not exist ? What if path is alterred or missing ?

Another code talk different with Bot: Your target, if you don't have a closer enemy is a Waypoint. If exists a path (seems to exist also Waypoint - is logic if exists a path), move my friend, move. If there is not path take a small walk (in this state - wander - they might be bumped) in wander state they don't look for attraction sequence - durate of this state is 2 seconds and will attempt to find a path after these 2 seconds, if path is still missing (too far from path) - replay wander.

Here I attacked another bahavior. Exists as target an InventorySpot (stucked) and a pathnode more far ? If yes, go to pathnode immediately. Also path is missing around but can you see some pathnodes at xx distance ? If yes, go there immediately - no questions, just GO ! These are happening if variable from controller bStupidMap=False or else is useless to force them annoying.

It doesn't matter how is determined bStupidMap (true or false) it just work as I expected. I think next time mod will tell to player at starting game how is map - player no need to expect unexistent Bot Support or a bunch of unexistent relics.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:52 pm

Argh, I forgot about that noobish problem of Bot loaded with Strength Relic and trying to pick up some UDamage but without succes. Eh, exist a code in Shield to cut off the desire for this one as long as the Bot have Defence Relic and cannot pick up UT_ShieldBelt. But somebody forgot about UDamage Vs Strength Relic. I need to slap a cure for that too.

Yesterday I solved Armors problem but I need to complete UDamage and to start testing being ready to hunt any bug (if exists).

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:52 pm

And even simple things changing game could be tweaked - No Desire for already loaded stuff and impossible to mess up stoling them in front of "another guy" who need them. I think is fair to not collect an Armor, Scuba (I think even Flashlight - I'll rework that too) if they have these items with a certain Charge value, leaving them for next "player" who doesn't have them at all. Looking at them collecting everything from place triggered me to change this kind of selfish attitude. They have a default sharing attitude for ammo when "another one" is around but not for all items, these things related to A. I. might help them from outside not only through their native code. Of course a game-controller done only basically can mess up later at small things but with higher importance. Even human player is intended to collect 10 Armors useless with this Bot attitude.

A simple scene: There is a Lake here, we have some ScubaGear, let's get some ScubaGear to not die drowned. We have ScubaGear ? Good ! We don't need more, let's move.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:56 pm

Mod seems to work pretty well without accesed nones. Even monsters aren't spaming errors. Bots aren't greed for items now.

I was interested to keep the map rule. What is about more exactly ?
If a mapper decided an aditional load for Flashlight or some Shield, must be (or not) a reason for this. I noticed originality working, speaking about A.I. side vs charge and mesh. Looks original indeed with a few small differences for some of them but they keep originality as wanted. I have exceptions for bad stuff (those are visible tweaked).

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:00 am

I didn't noticed in more maps with Bot support usage of Suits, here A.I. might mess up. I think I need to make a preservation for future.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:19 pm

... for future.

Hm, I think I need to break a bit this work. I need to remember if is something bad. For the moment I won't load so much fixes just defaults needed and with some importance.

Some elements have shortcuts at GameInfo Skipping more BotPack lines (not so usefull for monsters anyway). I think controller is working pretty well. A kind of Monster Hunt decaled and monsters interested about players-bots not by themselves might develop a different action. Bot support should work almost like in default MH (almost said, because is a bit better - or more bits). It is enough simple, doesn't have more weaponry options, aditional tools might mess or boost this mod, contains default known bonuses. Chikens maybe aren't very glad about a little tuned new A.I. attitude of monsters vs player - I don't care about them anyway - They can play PacMan if cannot handle a shooter.

My ideeas maybe are somehow limited. For this reason I can share source-code for this mod and/or mod itself to have all resources for any future fine-tuning. Other things that can be attached (SpamAdjuster, etc.) for the moment I think I'll keep them for me to not awake Evil Demons ruining fun with stupid and idiotic spam delivering Votes not hunting and playing normally. Other small things forgotten can be attached later.

Anyway, anybody who need a test or some source-code, I'm a waiting PM, e-mail, even a chat on Skype, there are about to be described features added, fixes, garbages destruction, etc.

I'll be back with updates if I'll notice troubles (let me enjoy some beer now). Do not worry. I can customize this mod depending on needs to look different or any small tuning required.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:39 pm

Nelsona, are you packaging all of these issues and fixes somewhere?
~Peace~

Hermskii

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:34 am

... I can share source-code for this mod and/or mod itself to have all resources for any future fine-tuning.
Yes, the most of them exists in a single mod (doesn't matter name - can be changed) except a few things:
- player (or bot) is not full armed (some weapons are just craps - I'm not intend to see accesed nones) - I have a separate tool (server-side for inventory) in this MH2 default weapon is not chainsaw and enforcer (enforcer is out of ammo and chainsaw cannot kill tentacles and others) Dispersion is regenerating ammo so is a more proper choice;
- it doesn't have any double or multi jump (cheating maps is forbidded) - stuff from maps (jumps computed to pass areas or some flashlights) should be in original settings (related to charge) to have the party as ruled by mapper (except trash ideeas);
- aditional features for IpToCountry aren't integrated because original works enough well, except querry servers (is just optional) - advanced scoreboards not exists in this team-game

And other things:
- Is not a must but I just added an option for selecting 3 HUDs: UnrealHUD (in case of local fun), a closer to original HUD (modified for this new type), and one of last HUDs delivered in attached versions done by Gopo and TheDane (a few lines were removed, new variables were added changed for compatibility)
- different options - sometimes I preffer to talk about them in private and this is happens just because I noticed some "mappers" doing maps against MH not for MH being ready to slap any fix. A relevant example might be Custom Counters developed to spread spam, frames lost, even crashes and nothing very logic breaking MHMapAdjuster. For custom counters and limiting spam I have a server-side tool to not be downloaded and checked in packages - mod has a small reducing feature but is a bit limited, SpamAdjuster has a different deal even with CustomCounters crushing them. I was intended to split this mod in a few pieces delivering for player only required things and others to be just in server. But I leave it almost original to be used even local (by me or others).
- Ah yes, if map has Bot Support, this version is supporting A.I. hunters (even is a bit powered up) timer is removed from mod, I have another required load to keep original ideeas as much as possible (counting hunters might act faster than lightning not repeating things already done in BotPack). Here we can talk again in private about some maps with Bot Support but not really correct done.

Even I spent good hours tweaking more things, I'm still expecting things forgotten and for this reason I'm sharing source-code attached if mod is requested (testing, modifying, etc.). Yeah, game-name is in fact "MonsterHunt2". Even with this we have it in MH servers list because is a small trick to look like MonsterHunt game for MasterServers and even is ended as MonsterHunt not MonsterHunt2. This way to have MonsterHunt2 as game-type is for avoiding any call related to MonsterHunt which might not work properly (Bot Support, things from HUD, etc.). Oh, for Huds, old Nexgen Huds are messing up those Green messages, exists an option to make them blue (as in original UT).

Other things - worldlog and locallog aren't available (I guess you deduct the reason - just another useless load and I want speed), server has already a log and admins might use different logs for a certain purpose. Skin color might be changed in game, do not expect to Nexgen any to help this (has color linked to team - this mod is an attempt to split a bit the things)... Maybe are enough explanations... I think that's all for the moment. I'll answer if exist other questions.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:10 am

Didn't Kelly call his mod MonsterHunt2? If you used the same name won't there be conflicts?
~Peace~

Hermskii

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:03 am

I picked a random name for U package (I sent you A version a few weeks ago if I remember well), this is F version more worked. Is called (like posted in that topic with log) MH_SHDWS_F.u. Conflicts exists for packages not for game-type and this is another package, not MonsterHunt2, yeah, I gotta admit, is hard to understand this option class versus package are 2 different things. Maybe I should call it NsHunt to avoid any kind of confusions related to game-type integrated in a Package named ... Any Name. Is like MonsterHunt2v3.MonsterHunt, MonsterHunt2.MonsterHunt, MonsterHunt2beta3.MonsterHunt, MonsterHunt2Gold.MonsterHunt ... etc.

Now imagine a test. I fired up a server with such game-type, I joined, I played a few minutes - Disconnect, contact another server (DU, UM, etc.) - there is not any conflict, except maybe some texture or sound files different from a server to another even like ChaosUT, Spinner, etc. (happening only if client is loaded with a crapton of files, a common issue not mine).

To set up game-type need a call like this "MH_SHDWS_F.MonsterHunt", is not conflicting with nothing. U files can be recompiled using MHXYZ.MonsterHunt or any type. The game-type used by Kelly is still SomePackage.MonsterHunt. I have also MonsterHunt but this mod is not a child of TeamGamePlus, is a child of MonsterHunt2 runing integrated and forced, just to make a slalom to avoid coflicts with original MH loaded by MH maps causing accesed nones and/or Null executions. Normal game-type is called MonsterHunt (this is for browsing server) but package containing it is named different. If anybody is saying: Is a crappy name, Pick another, I'm waiting suggestions. Package is different, class is the same as in any MonsterHunt server.

I'll post the true story for other more hours of work.

Who triggered me again ? MY AWSOME Provider from my small town without 100 options. Once bugging my Internet (now seems to be nice, finally - they anounced 120 MBPS Download for clients and 6 MBPS Upload - UpGrades), I wanted to play and I played Local to avoid breaks. But in local play I just used Bots to be "more hunters". Well, as long as I needed them I found a way to bring Bot Support in reworked MH versions. But this story was turned in a crap, they have problems with default pickups and this attitude not helped me at all. Need some settings related to A.I. or else will see them camping on ammo spots and armors doing nothing really interesting (with regen tools). That pickup Bug for armors is now attacked as well at once with A.I. side of item. Nobody will pickup more than one armor (bot or human) yeah, bots aren't interested about armor if already have one. And small things related to A.I. rating for certain default stuff has been changed. PulseGun, EnhancedShockRifle, a Redeemer collected will trigger Bot to use them if is not so reach in inventory. Exist a Message if a Bot fired Redeemer because they fire it when have chance to get it (redeemer is reworked). And all these were tuned with small codes not a bunch of functions, let's say I was gone in a trip into a Bot brain. I have a conclusion and a lesson for me: simple things are hidden under our noses, but we are looking far away without to see closer and simple things.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:15 am

Yeah, other simple things making troubles are described in player log. When you are connected to a "cool" server maybe you want to check the log right from menu. If you can see spam with errors in log, sooner or later game might crash (even server). If admin doesn't have time to see what kind of stuff is loaded maybe you need to be nice sending him/her an e-mail about that subject. Else if there is no e-mail described and no option to contact anybody, simply leave and find a better option.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:54 pm

... option.

By example (I really forgot about this small but sometimes important) depending on maps, some movers might be useless trying to bring monsters to surface if monster didn't started activity. Is about some Karma, fixed in other UT versions. Let's see, if a monster is not a flyier or another one like tentacles, if is spawning or is already spawned will walk normally not hanging in air even ignored by a mover meant to turn 180 degrees and hidding it back. If mover is hidding creatures which can fly, our mapper has no skills this time. Flyers shouldn't fall or else might fall in kill zones in many other maps being useless. A pupae spawned will fall normally, it won't levitate blocking next pupaes to spawn.