Environments for testing...

Posts about Nelsona's findings in UT!
Nelsona
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Environments for testing...

Post by Nelsona » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:50 am

Different mods (mutators) fired up were tested, also... null matching decorations Vs map theme.

Let me share my observations.
CTF-Face suffered a few modifications and all hits possible on Youtube testing all things possible. I was amazed to see the same original crap abused without a bit of love.

Asteroids levitating in space - I did not see them ON-Line and neither to move or whatever things.
I did not see some BSP fixed at middle bugging shock combos, I did not see properly fixed DistanceViewTriggers. Lighting, well... probably to strong for a space theme. Area is somehow large, sound environment doesn't really match the place...

Anyone with something better rather than 2000 variants of Deck16 ? I want 10 better variants of CTF-Face, in case of losing inspiration for fixing (ruining) stock stuff.

Dr.Flay
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: Environments for testing...

Post by Dr.Flay » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:15 am

Since Creavion did "Face-Palm", I don't play any other version.
chaoticdreams.org - @TheChaosMod - Web IRChat - [url=irc://irc.quakenet.org/chaoticdreams]IRChat[/url]

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:13 pm

Perfect... with a few exceptions.
ON-Line will lag some people and... the same "no wait" to download. I was checking that. If more default stuff runs smoother as butter this one lags me when I'm looking outside of base at middle area. Too much load for direct view - game purpose is FLAG and ENEMY not hundreds of decorations. Could be a bit simplified to run OK for all people. For sure I won't buy a newer video card for a game from 1999. Also I think for 20 players will force server.

I solved some BSP-s in another version, I removed some lights because is... space - universe, echo changed, asteroids are flying around (even ON-LINE). Triggers fixed, pathing reconstructed.
Even I thought at lighting (a dynamic light coming from Earth rotating). I was lazy and out of so much time to compute rotations and to check UT's default stock options so I took a break.
Later I've been quitting to play with this subject because I was busy to test 2 monsters rewritten by me and I preferred DM. They aren't NsMonsters so are not done for NsCTF game yet (that one was in revision too). I'll do an update probably much later. After that, I'll see what other stuff is messed up to play with it.

EvilGrins
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by EvilGrins » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:33 pm

Something I did for LAN games, to not bog down memory intensive maps, is I decreased the world detail, but kept it high for players & bots. There's options to do that in the game's basic setups.

It sorta makes the environment just a tiny bit fuzzy, not so clear and distinct as it normally is.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:05 pm

Bump into chapter.

It was a bit annoying to see my Bot not very able to hunt enemy as long as in the path for a few time was camping a monster from our team and it was not very interested to move a couple of time. Looks like NsMonster will be able to stay away from blocking a path if some friendly pawn "push" the travel to desired target. Will step away depending on space. It's fascinating to see new things when monsters are on your team...
I'm trying to fully understand how goes certain state in order to complete a few needs... YAY...