Bots arent leaving spawn.

Posts about Nelsona's findings in UT!
Terraniux
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Re: Bots arent leaving spawn.

Post by Terraniux » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:38 pm

Alright, thanks for the clarification! :D :)
Now that is some explaination.

Yes I changed the looks of the brown apple to a green thing in order to see the map layout more clearly in top view. Otherwise it is finding a needle in a haystack, what is what.
Monster setup isn't completed yet, just putted some monsters quickly around the map.
So if I do understand you right, here is an example:
http://crystalunreal.com/screenshots/botsai.jpg

If this is the case, well that's groundbreaking news for all mappers. All have been proven wrong this way. :mrgreen:

If I could give you a golden medal through the screen, you had one now.

Allright, I'll see what I must change in the map and I'll let you know how the progress is going.

Thanks again!

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:29 am

It was observation, also I read what was written by Hook "never Subtract from subtract and never add into an add". Probably those solid ramps need intersected with a semisolid and neither to have a common surface. If are 2 brushes with the same surface and textured different, which one is rendered ? I think causes that blur effect as AncAqua where portal surface was the same with a stair generating a bad surface. Recall that KingJosh's map is much bigger but it might be rendered without nasty effects.

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:27 am

Nelsona wrote:It was observation, also I read what was written by Hook "never Subtract from subtract and never add into an add". Probably those solid ramps need intersected with a semisolid and neither to have a common surface. If are 2 brushes with the same surface and textured different, which one is rendered ? I think causes that blur effect as AncAqua where portal surface was the same with a stair generating a bad surface. Recall that KingJosh's map is much bigger but it might be rendered without nasty effects.

What Hook is saying both true and false. Subtracting the subtract and adding the adjective can cause bsp problems. But in order to make something that needs to be that way doesn't hurt at all. Just in this case - a.i. has the trouble with it.
For a example that disproves Hooks theory- a pool with an underwater way that lets you go around or through the map, for example DM-ArcaneTemple and DM-Pressure.
Subtracting the subtract ;) Official epic maps. Maybe it is the complexity of the actual brush that is being subtracted that depends the results. No one can tell actually.

Some people said, when I brought out my first preview version of CM4, that the roof in the control room is one big gap, void, then other say there isn't any problem at all.
Normal engine behaviour.:? Some parts in the temple in are still displaying BSP cuts, but it depends on the very rebuild. First the rebuild is ok, no problems, no bsp cuts. Second rebuild everything displays bsp cuts without touching any geometry. Normal engine behaviour.

I've been making maps over 10 years now, don't teach me how to make a map :P . But I understand your concern and thoughts :wink:

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:38 am

Obviously I'm not concerned as long as is not for sales :D, it was the cause for malfunctions in this case. No worries about experience, I've seen settings at others making maps for many years with less cute things and... probably they think are good but a revision at what means zoning, movers, triggers, well done MyLevels are a bless for everyone, including experts. Usually admins are "nice", nobody speaks, so bugs remain hidden, it is just amazing to see stuff removed from servers with 0 explanations.

Else for myself considering me an Engine. What do I have to render at 2 brushes with the same surface but having 2 different textures ? I'm confused - priority for newer, for older ? Find the logic here. Why Editor is pausing at a moment when encounter brush 3xxxx during rebuild? Usually is not happening or at least should not lag while building - the same for paths - as long as it slow down means a pathing attempt to be build into a bad area (even void) - see ShockCore57. That occurrence made me to check geometry before pathing.

Else if you still see troubles in pathing, put up a version in folder and let's see together what is there.

I'll upload the MH prefixed one brutalized a bit in first area but it shows some action in probably or less 40% of map, which means 3 WayPoints to debate. And for improving your experience - Leave alone TimeDilation, that is not mapping stuff.

Terraniux

Post by Terraniux » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:17 pm

Sorry Nelsona, but I leave the AI as it was in the version I send you , still with your actors I had too much trouble getting it to work. Been weeks trying to get those stupid bots (yes offense :P )to work. Nothing happens. Must be additive / subtract thing we talked about. So started again where I left off.

Better let them follow you, using cover me. I will use the things I've learned from you in a new map!

But despite I didn't use your work, your name is well credited in the map and readme files. :wink: EvilGrins too!

Thanks for the help!

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:41 am

As long as geometry has bugs there, these leads in a ruined DevPath and then No way granted, and this is Engine and Mapper not Bot. Also it's not a need to put lower PathNodes - default placement might be adjusted only IF NEEDS.
Look at KrogaarSE. Map is a high load for Unreal Engine, but is enough functional as long as it doesn't include a brush-soup in the same location. As for how to not do:
- Krogaar has (I guess Position 11) too high;
- in last area access to panel seems doable only by Human, bad WayPoint setup or bad location;
- path out of water in Nitrogen Zone probably has small flaws - I'll look there some day;
- with new engine related stuff a la 2015 we don't have a server crashed - but crash client in next map at a render problem - which means has some bad texture leaving bugs in client.
The rest of stuff done by Derdak2Rot is not bad - but far from perfect anyway. And how to not do: LostInTimevX - any of these are simple piece of craps: that Jurasik package is a stupid trash, map goes much over UnrealEngine messing DevPath, some MonsterWaypoint-s are totally unreachable (never do like that). And that's all about YEARS spent in mapping - still did not understand concept "Reachable" "DevPath" "Lift".
As for YOUR style, bot support is mainly doable - speaking about AfterDark style. Like I said, if you wanna try one, hit me in Skype and see how is Bot. Too bad ? I'll give you MBot then. Still too bad? Use MHv5.04. Still troubles? MHHelp mutator will complete stage. I don't have any reason to complain with new stuff and good maps.