Needs

Post all off topic / off the wall content here!
MEAT
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue

Re: Needs

Post by MEAT » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:23 pm

Speaking of needs...this forum is missing something....?
Each section touches on something...my section talks about my server
and all the stuff I complain about. Hermskii has a section or two dealing
with his stuff/servers. Got a section on mapping, coding and off topic stuff.
But how about a section on game play and/or what happens/events when we play?
A section to complain about other players not servers.
A general "section" on the game/games we play?
Isn't that something we need here?

Hermskii
Site Admin
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by Hermskii » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:09 pm

What would this be called? So far I expect the answer is no but let's pursue this to the end because it has great merit and just may NEED to be applied. Many good points already made here to and maybe it can be a free for all kind of zone for all complaints while still not cussing. I have to admit I don't see it going well. Let's discuss.
~Peace~

Hermskii

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:29 am

Hermskii wrote: So far I expect the answer is no
Many good points already made here to and maybe it can be a free for all kind of zone for all complaints while still not cussing. I have to admit I don't see it going well. Let's discuss.
Thanks for having a open mind...lol
Like many other forums you could call it "General Discussion and/or Chat".
Things/ideas dealing with UT other than our servers.
A section to complain or discuss what's going on with players/other servers in general.
A section where we can talk game play and what others do or should do.
Basically UT stuff that this forum doesn't have a section for.

Just an idea but whatever.

David
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No

Post by David » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:58 pm

I have a need, a need for an answer for a question. Who would I speak with concerning attic fans/ventilation? Would I speak to a HVAC tech or a roofer, or someone else?

I would think, that I would benefit from a better ventilated attic, so my upstairs and whole house will be a little cooler, but I read a lot of back and forth on the subject.
Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:27 am

Both. Talk to a roofer and a AC guy. Quick answer is Spray in a radiant barrier and add lots of insulation. Install soffet vents if you have eaves and get a ridge vent next time you replace the roof. There! Done!
~Peace~

Hermskii

David

Post by David » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:29 pm

Hermskii wrote:Both. Talk to a roofer and a AC guy. Quick answer is Spray in a radiant barrier and add lots of insulation. Install soffet vents if you have eaves and get a ridge vent next time you replace the roof. There! Done!
I talked to one A/C person, but he came on a cooler day and he stated that I did not need more ventilation. He did suggest more insulation, in which I did. I got blown in insulation for my attic. I am "maxed out" on insulation where adding more will not do much. The radiant barrier that you spoke of is an idea that I have not heard before about adding it after the fact. That is an idea, except for one part of the attic is a weird angle and confined space so that part of the attic would be tough to do. I did think about the ridge vent as you spoke of, I trying to think if I could add that now instead of waiting for a new roof. The claim when I bought this house about 3-4 years ago, was that it was a new roof. But I do know that if I do need to get a new roof, I will get a roof with radiant barrier, and maybe even get a metal roof, I was advised that the metal roof will also deflect more heat. Thanks Herm for your response it gives me more info on possibilities.

Killer Klownz

Post by Killer Klownz » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:55 pm

Just found out yesterday the Klownz Kave needs a new roof due to hail. Eaves in the soffits all the way around the Kave already. Blow in insulation already. Will replace the powered attic fan with 4 "unpowered" draw thru vents. Roofers don't do the powered fans anymore. Let me know if you have any question you want me to throw at the roofer . . .
Evil is obvious only in retrospect.

David

Post by David » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:13 pm

Well, I had one roofer come to my house. I say one because I called multiple but only two called back and set an appointment.

This call of service was two part. One is because of this topic, being hot upstairs and trying to find out how to get it cooler and the second is a leak in my roof, in which I believe I posted in the vent thread about...

Anyways, the one roofer stated that he believes the are where some gable windows are is done in correctly and so that is where the leak is coming from. To fix this area will be an estimated $500.

I asked him about the cost of a metal roof AND (thanks to Herm) asked about installing a radiant barrier first on the roof and then install a metal roof over it. I was advised that it would be a good idea but a costly one. The metal roof will reflect the heat and the radiant barrier will prevent extra heat getting to the attic and upstairs. Anyway a metal roof would be about $7000 (standard metal roof)-$9000 (hidden seam metal roof) and then add another $2000 for the radiant barrier (the foil type that is supposed to better). There is a 30% federal rebate up to $1500 if you get an energy star complaint metal roof.

I want like to do the ideal (hidden seam metal roof with the radiant barrier), but I am tapped out as it is. Once I get an estimate from another, I might need to go speak with the bank about adjusting my home equity loan..... fetch.. I hate being an adult/home owner sometimes..

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:42 pm

Easy. Just get one or the other. If your roof needs to be replaced then do that with the metal part and all of that. If the roof is good another 120 years then just get the radiant barrier. I should not talk. My roof is good another 6 years maybe. no radiant barrier yet or more insulation. I have the ridge vent and tons of soffet vents. My roof is nearly an upside down "V" all the way across. Perfect for a ridge vent and soffet vents.
~Peace~

Hermskii

David

Post by David » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:39 am

Well,...... My oldest daughter is now taking band class and of course she did not choose an instrument that we already have (flute, violin, or piano) but she choose a clarinet. We are renting now and waiting to see if she will stick with it or not. But from what I have been told she is doing good/well and is liking it. So I have been trying to find out what brand of clarinet to buy and I was informed of the top 4. Selmer (Bundy), Buffet, Leblanc, and Yamaha.

I have been looking on line and noticing that the Buffet is majorly copied and sold on Ebay (not true Buffet) so can't really trust them on Ebay. After reading about the clarinets on music forums and such, I think I want to get her Yamaha YCL-250. But there are too spendy as new. Even as used, I am looking at $300 or more. If it was was not for other bills I could save some money and get one sooner but.... unless someone out there has a good used one for a decent price? :wink: So does anyone have a good used Yamaha YCL-250 for sale?

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:03 pm

Have you tried Craigslist.com?
~Peace~

Hermskii

David

Post by David » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:20 am

Hermskii wrote:Have you tried Craigslist.com?
I have looked at the local and nearby cities and everybody thinks that their clarinet is made out of gold or they are so torn up, it would cost too much to get it fixed.

David

Post by David » Tue May 10, 2011 11:15 am

David wrote:
Hermskii wrote:So I finally found it. Free and well done (very well done!) remote assistance software.

http://www.teamviewer.com

It rules!
Herm...how does that work for free? I went to the site and did see free but I also so that there are costs. I am curious because I would like to use it if it is free and a good solid, secure program.
Herm, do you still use this "teamviewer". If so, does it work well? I am looking at something, I could have my mother install on her computer in another state and then I can help her on her computer. Talking to her/guiding her through things is like banging your head over and over again onto a spiked wall.
Computer Stress.gif
I love her so much, but...........computer maintenance is not her thing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue May 10, 2011 1:16 pm

It is the remote software I use the very least actually but it is totally free. I have permission from my work to use our other in house remote type software so I use them. I'll switch back to team viewer when I no longer work here as it is the best free one I can find so far. TeamViewer works fine.
~Peace~

Hermskii

David

Post by David » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:29 pm

I am looking to see if anyone has some memory for a work computer of mine. I could buy some, but I am seeing (try to save $) if anyone has any and willing to part with it.

The memory I am look for is DDR2 533 PC2 4200. I am looking for 1 gb sticks. I need two 1 gb sticks, but four would be better so I can share it with a co-worker.

What sayest thou?