Grateful Thread

Post all off topic / off the wall content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: Grateful Thread

Post by Hermskii » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:32 pm

I'm gratefull to KELLER for taking his time to teach me some basic mapping. I can't wait to build something! Thanks KELLER!
~Peace~

Hermskii

ZippityDooDa

Post by ZippityDooDa » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:43 pm

Appreciate it Herm, glad to help, let me know if need any more help! Thanks
11100000.11111111.11111111.00000000 /24

David
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No

Post by David » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:37 am

Really, this was on page 4? Wow, I have not express gratitude lately. Too bad.

I just wanted to say thank you to Hermskii for identifying that I had a malware (text enhanced malware). I began seeing these stupid ads created by certain words. My wife's Facebook was plagued with them. So thank you Hermskii for letting me know that I was the only one seeing those ads and letting me know how to correct the issue. Thank you Kelly for offering aid as well.

Take care.
Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:10 am

Don't get me wrong either please. I love Internet Explorer. the latest one anyways. Still, it is possible for these things to happen like what happened to you. I think Kelly is right. I think you installed something too fast and didn't read the fine-print or maybe you installed using their recommended install rather than the custom one. Always use the custom install if possible so you get to see all that you are about to install before you actually do.

Otherwise and aside from all of that...you are most welcome David!
~Peace~

Hermskii

David

Post by David » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:17 am

I am grateful for the internet for its access to knowledge, and if I was was single pictures of Kate Beckinsale :wink: .

Anyways, a friend of mine was working on replacing a thermostat in his vehicle at my garage. During this work, he was removing a bolt and the bolt broke while it was still in the engine block. We tried using vise grips to pinch the little bit of the bolt that was sticking out and trying to turn it and we had no luck. We then tried using the "easy outs" but that did nothing. We tried cutting a notch in the bolt so we can "unscrew" the bolt with a screw driver, but that again no luck and we are running out of exposed bolt to work with. We rested for the rest of the day.

The next day I came across this video.

I told my friend about this and had him watch it. He was told by his father-in-law that this would work. So he went and borrowed his father-in-laws welder and we got to my house, and another co-worker/friend happened to stop by. This other co-worker has more experience than either one of us to weld so we convinced him to do this. The co-worker was hesitant to do this because he did not want to damage the vehicle any further.

The nut was welded to the washer first due to the very limited space and awkward angle. Then the washer/nut was place dover the exposed broken bolt and the nut was filled in with weld. After it cooled, it came out without hesitation.
DSC_0041 (600 x 399).jpg
It is not pretty, but it worked and I am grateful that we were able to get the broken bolt with the aid of the internet and a friend who happened to stop by.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:14 pm

I don't have time to watch the video at the moment, but I appreciate that you posted it David. I will certainly be watching it later because I think that is an awesomely clever fix for such a nasty problem. It makes me wish I had had room in my electives in high school to have taken shop class, so that I could have learned how to weld. :D
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:37 pm

It is never too late to learn how to weld. It does take lots of practice though. Alway wear your proper eye protection or you will get flassh burn to the eyes and it is one of the worst things to ever get. Major pain! Google it.
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Tue May 24, 2022 3:11 pm

You may have heard on the news about the nasty wind storm that traveled from west to east here in Ontario and beyond on Saturday, May 21st, 2022

I was watching TV when the weather alerts started coming on. I saw the trees in my back yard waving around quite strongly, but it died down quickly.
Then the promised weather started to arrive. The sky in the west went dark, and the wind picked up again, but not as strong as before. It rained. I saw it was only going to be a squall line, and it passed through quickly. Not a big deal after all, I thought. A few dead sticks off of my oak tree in the front yard, was all the clean up I had to take care of. The next day I saw two broken trees just outside of my immediate neighbourhood. One was leaning on someone's house, but the only damage i could see was a slightly bent eaves trough. The other just blocked the sidewalk a few blocks away.

But then on the evening news I learned that areas east and northeast of here got creamed. The death toll now stands at 10! :shock:
Many, many people will be without power for up to 2 more weeks. And the property damage is immense, and very wide spread.

I was very, very, lucky. Thank you God.

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Fri May 27, 2022 3:08 pm

a nameless entity wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 3:11 pm
You may have heard on the news about the nasty wind storm that traveled from west to east here in Ontario and beyond on Saturday, May 21st, 2022
I was very, very, lucky. Thank you God.
3 hours after I made the above post, I learned of the tragedy in Uvalde Texas on the 6 o'clock news.

God forgive me, but within this context I cannot think of a single thing to be grateful for.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:30 pm

Be grateful they finally killed the guy. be grateful your kids never went through that if you have any. I can't recall if you are married or have kids.
~Peace~

Hermskii