Dammit, I WANT one!

Post all off topic / off the wall content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: Dammit, I WANT one!

Post by Hermskii » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:07 am

I think it was just really bad business decisions over decades. Did you ever watch Showtimes "Harley and the Davidson's" mini-series. I never gave a damn about hogs until I saw that history of HD's. Make sure to watch it if you haven't. Then go and watch the "Ford vs. Ferrari" movie. It was very well done too!
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No

Post by a nameless entity » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:48 pm

If I ever get cable TV again, I'll see if I can add the Discovery Channel. It was one of only two that I used to watch sometimes.
I'd really like to see that mini series. It should be fun to watch. :)
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:54 pm

Hmmm the 2022 trikes have only 3 colour options available to them this year. Black, Grey, and Burgundy. My '85 FXRSL is Burgundy and Slate. If they're making the two base colours available, why can't they offer a premium two tone like my '85 (as a custom order maybe)?
I'm bound to win the lottery eventually, right? So why not this year? :wink: :lol:

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:43 pm

Personally, I blame Biden. Just saying. LOL.

No really, You and me are old and we hate change. Change when it goes against our preference/comfort zone. I see it more and more everyday with myself. Say soccer cleats for instance. Good luck finding the old school Adidas blacks ones with the 3 white strips. Hell. It is almost hard to find a white soccer ball with all of the black pentagons interweaved through it. No soccer ball should be one color. You can't tell which way it is spinning when it is in the air coming down.
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:50 pm

I contacted the premium car sales auto group that had shut down their Oakville HD dealership at the start of COVID.

I pointed out to them that the now closest HD shop in MIssissauga Ontario, is a total pain to get to from here. (Their location is awful.)
And that the next two closest dealers are a long drive away from Oakville. They have an excellent opportunity if they would locate here or next door in Burlington, Ontario. There's no one to compete with them to the North, West for over 100 miles, and South for 75+ miles.

I got no reply either by phone or email. :(
I guess their fingers got burned too badly.
Bummer!

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:45 pm

I guess it's obvious that this is a fantasy thread.

So I'll be honest. I haven't ridden since 2018. I threw my back out in May of that year, and needed muscle relaxers to get through the pain. I stubbornly kept trying to ride every once in a long while all summer, but kept coming home way early every time but twice. There's a pleasant ride out in the countryside (which is farther and farther away due to urban sprawl) that comes to 159.x Km, roughly 99 miles, on my usual route. I got to do that twice, although I paid for it for several days instead of the usual following one day of ouchies and stiffness after a "long" ride. (20+ years ago my idea of a long ride was an all day affair of sometimes upwards of 300-500 miles)

In 2019 I just didn't feel like going through all that again, and of course 2020 was a write off, and so was 2021. My arthritis is much worse, and I suffer in the Spring time terribly when the barometer jumps up and down like a yo-yo. So it's no wonder that my motivation to get out and ride is so low. :?

But I still fantasize that I could manage it, especially on my better days. I saw someone I used to work with who is 10-15 years younger than me riding a Can-Am trike last year.
I tell myself that maybe things would be better on a HD trike. But everyone I used to know who rode and is my age has given up riding. I guess I have too. I just need to admit it to myself.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:48 pm

How old are you now Nameless? I just mentioned on another thread here how I bought and converted two of my Honda XR650R motorcycles to be street legal. I also have a little CRF100F and a CRF230F. I just got the big ones back from having work done to them to make them nearly perfect! I am taking a liking to the motocross/supercross stuff I watch on TV every weekend. Webb was my boy. he was the champ last year but is having an awful time this year being back in 7th place.

I'm 54 right now, about to be 55 and am weighing in at 270 pounds. I hope to have about 5 more years of hard riding in me and then another 5 or 10 more doing easy light riding through my neighborhood. I'd like to end up with a hog or an old Honda Aspencade or Honda Interstate when it is all over for me. My dirtside 650's can do about 105-MPH so they are still plenty and they pop wheelies just turning the throttle fast enough.

if you still have your HD, sell it to someone who really wants it bad like how you were back when you got it. No use letting it breakdown in the garage over time. Yeah, sell it and buy a damn computer.
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:23 pm

Hermskii wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:48 pm
How old are you now Nameless?

I'm 54 right now, about to be 55 and am weighing in at 270 pounds. I hope to have about 5 more years of hard riding in me and then another 5 or 10 more doing easy light riding through my neighborhood. I'd like to end up with a hog or an old Honda Aspencade or Honda Interstate when it is all over for me.

if you still have your HD, sell it to someone who really wants it bad like how you were back when you got it. No use letting it breakdown in the garage over time. Yeah, sell it and buy a damn computer.
69, and feeling it. :?

I got up to 287 years ago, and it scared the snot out of me when I realized I only had 13 lb to go to hit 300. I got it down to 267 rather quickly, then eventually 250 where it stayed stubbornly for some time. I'm down to a range of 229-232 usually, these days. Can't quite hit my interim goal of 225. I'd like to weigh <200, around 185 would be ideal for me if I could just do it.
You need to start getting the lard off now. My brother warned me that past a certain age weight loss, especially off of the gut, gets very difficult. I think that's where I'm at. This gut of mine is much smaller, but seems to not want to disappear entirely. Be warned.

Okay, buy that PC Kelly has, bring it up here with some cash, and I'll throw in everything you want along with my FXRSL. I still have the original carb, mufflers, owners manual, and other goodies.
I'm not being entirely facetious. I know you'd be a good owner. My hog isn't fast, but it doesn't get tired and neither will you on a long haul either.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:18 pm

Remarkable offer! I have to pass. I have to loose weight too and will get after it this summer. More later. In a hurry. Just paid the bill and got all of this turned back on.
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Fri May 06, 2022 3:22 pm

Hermskii wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:18 pm
Just paid the bill and got all of this turned back on.
Ah, so that's what it was! :shock: :lol:

I've been paying the insurance on my Harley all these last 3 years. I kept telling myself I'd get off my ass and ride "this year".

Well it seems I'm doing it again, because the barometer has stopped jumping up and down like a yo-yo, and I feel a lot better. I think all day rides are out of the question, ( the kind where you only stop for gas, then jump back on and keep going) but then they've been off of my agenda for a long time anyway. I think I could manage half day rides though. Or the kind of all day ride where you go someplace, attend all day, then ride home that night. I live alone with no pets, so I could crash at a motel on the way back if I had to.

Hopefully I'm not just bs'ing myself, as I sit here all nice and comfy and warm, with tylenol in my blood system! :wink: :lol:

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Wed May 11, 2022 3:36 pm

a nameless entity wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 3:22 pm
I've been paying the insurance on my Harley all these last 3 years. I kept telling myself I'd get off my ass and ride "this year".

Hopefully I'm not just bs'ing myself, as I sit here all nice and comfy and warm, with tylenol in my blood system! :wink: :lol:
Well, I realized that I was just having one of my somewhat better days. So I was bs'ing myself.
I wake up in the night with pain from my arthritis now, and have been for 6? 8? 12+ months now. It's in my back, it's in my shoulders, it is now in my feet.
So I canceled my insurance yesterday. Today is the renewal date, so I probably have avoided having to pay the minimum $50 cancellation fee. If they charge me anyway, so what. If I suddenly feel well enough to ride later this year, I can always reactivate and get my 50 bucks back as a credit.

But the fact is that I'm done. I had a nearly complete remission around 30 years ago, but don't expect this to happen again. Back then I could power through any flare ups by gulping 500mg tylenols, but that doesn't work any more. Reality bites. Bummer!

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun May 15, 2022 10:32 pm

Hang in there Nameless. I hope you get another ride. I'm looking at a 1986 Honda Goldwing Aspencade. Has 50k on it and appears to be in great shape. Guy only wants 3K. I'm tempted! Here it is:

https://easttexas.craigslist.org/mcy/d/ ... 64622.html
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Thu May 19, 2022 3:36 pm

It does look nice and clean. Tires seem good. (Btw I still recommend Metzler's latest touring tires as replacements when the time comes. They're awesome in all conditions.)

A guy I worked with had a 1975 goldwing. His bike needed a new primary chain, and that was an expensive repair. So he spent the money on a used Yamaha Venture instead, and parked the Honda. :lol:

If it's not too far away, I'd say go check this bike out. Bring a hand mirror. Use it to see if there's any oil weeping anywhere on the gaskets underneath, and out of view.
See how you fit in that seat. He's put highway footboards onto the engine guard. See if they're adjustable to fit you. Even those nice wide footpegs on the bike will tire the arches of your feet on a long tour, so you'll want the highway pegs. :)

Oh, I just noticed the fish symbol on the back of the top box's lid. That might be a good sign of the owner's integrity, don't you think? 8)

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:22 pm

I agree. My pick got sold. There are plenty more around here that are good and are cheap too. I'm in no hurry. I still have a 2003 Honda XR650R for sale and a 2008 Honda CRF 100F to sell first.
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:16 pm

The local Tim Horton's coffee shop downtown often has many HD enthusiasts parked outside on the main drag. The other day I stopped to admire someone's HD trike when the owner returned to his machine. We spoke for a few minutes and I mentioned that I was wondering about a trike since riding my FXRS two wheeler had gotten difficult with my arthritis. He told me he has the worst kind of arthritis ( I forget what he called it, I'd never heard of that type before.) and that his trike was great because he could keep on riding. He showed me how deep the trunk is (his whole arm could go in) and with that volume plus the top box there's no need of saddlebags. -I like that. Saddlebags always seem to be a touch too small, and if they aren't built onto the bike they're a pain in the *** to put on and take off again.
For those plus other reasons he highly recommends the trike. I must admit that I was sold on the idea.

If I sell my house and move to a town with lower prices I could easily afford the purchase.... but that opens up a whole new can of worms that I'd have to be very motivated to deal with.
I guess I'll go and buy a lotto ticket or two. :lol: