HOH OFFICIAL - Good Morning/Day/Night thread...

Post all off topic / off the wall content here!
a nameless entity
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: God Save the King!

Post by a nameless entity » Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:18 pm

First we hear yesterday morning that Her Majesty has taken ill, and is under the care of her doctors. Then shortly after 1:30 pm EDT, the sudden announcement of her passing. Wow, damn......
At least she went quickly. That's hard on the family, but a blessing to the individual.

When I was a young lad I swore my loyalty to her house when I joined the cadet corps in my high school. I see no reason to change my attitude in that regard.

The flag in my back yard will remain at half mast until the day after her funeral.

Long live the King!
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Re: HOH OFFICIAL - Good Morning/Day/Night thread...

Post by Hermskii » Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:25 pm

I heard nobody ever held a position as high as hers for so long and did it with such grace. She was certainly a lady.
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:10 pm

Stephen Colbert lost a viewer on Monday night when he made cruel fun of Her Majesty's funeral procession and rites on the same day as her services. :evil:

Perhaps that is why a local independent TV station suddenly picked up Jimmy Kimmel Live! this week? Guess who's watching that instead now. :roll:

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:46 pm

That is a step in the right direction but try the #1 rated late night show called Gutfield! It will take a little bit of getting used to but it has already shut down about 6 other late night TV shows and is #1 in the ratings for a reason. You will learn something too on every show.
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:59 pm

I can pull in the FOX network on my antenna based TV, but even though they have 3 channels going, not one of them carries this Gutfeld fellow's show.

Lately I've been checking to see who the guests are on Colbert and Kimmel. I also jump back and forth to see whose opening monologue is the funniest that night. Mr. Colbert's reputation has nevertheless taken a permanent hit with me though. If I don't like or know any of the guests on either show, I'll check out Trevor Noah's "The Daily Show" which starts 30 minutes after the others on a 3rd network.

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:25 pm

Speaking of FOX, they sure got off lightly didn't they? -They only had to pay a heap of cash, which old Rupert can easily afford. :roll:

They didn't even have to admit to their viewers that they were knowingly lying to them. How disgusting! :evil:

Dominion, you let them off too easily, you dumbasses. :?

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Tue May 02, 2023 4:53 pm

a nameless entity wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:25 pm
Speaking of FOX, they sure got off lightly didn't they? -They only had to pay a heap of cash, which old Rupert can easily afford. :roll:

They didn't even have to admit to their viewers that they were knowingly lying to them. How disgusting! :evil:

Dominion, you let them off too easily, you dumbasses. :?
Yes, they did get off lightly with Dominion! (so far)
Next is Smartmatic, and their lawsuit amount is WAY higher than Dominion was suing for.
Fox Entertainment still faces $2.7 billion defamation lawsuit from Smartmatic! :shock: WOW!

Oh and, I am SO SORRY for being away from here for so long!
Back soon good friends!
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:12 pm

Damn, the whole country seems to be on fire. Alberta is engulfed in flames. Nova Scotia got a little relief from some rain, but is suffering it's worst fire season ever too. Northern Ontario and Quebec have some fires as well.
The smoke has been turning our summer blue skies gray for days and days. This morning I woke up to the smell of what I thought was smoke from a neighbour's barbecue coming in my open windows. We have an inconsiderate jerk around here that likes to stink up the whole area with his bbq that I suspect is fueled by wood pellets. So I thought it was him. But it wasn't. A north wind has brought the smoke down here to us in Oakville Ontario in great quantity.
It's a moderately warm day, so I would have aired out the house with those breezes, but instead all windows are closed. :? :(

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:28 pm

Sux. Hate how they made this political too. Sad really. Fires happen. Don't do forest management and fires go out of control. Please God someone tell me fires didn't happen this bad before so I can slap the crap out of them. Climate change is true. it can't be stopped. It never has not been happening. EVER. Man can't stop it or cause it. Oh My GOD!
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:46 pm

After a 3 day heat wave with very high humidity, we're getting a break. It's still quite warm, but the winds have changed from the south to the north, so the air is a tad cooler and much drier. Luckily the smoke from the fires is staying up high in the atmosphere, so I'm airing out my house today, even though it's still hot outside. Cooler overnights expected, so I'll sleep better this weekend.

The el ninjo (ninyo?) effect in the Pacific ocean is very early this year, adding to the misery we've already caused with our billions of automobile exhaust pipes and belching smoke stacks.
Frankly I think we've already passed that "tipping point" scientists were warning about 10+ years ago.
They're building two automobile battery plants here in Ontario, to supply the new EV cars that will be built soon. They're planning to get the resources for the batteries from planned mines in northern Ontario. But if they dig it up, they'll disturb a lot of stored carbon in the peat moss up there, and release that mess into the atmosphere too. Sounds like a losing proposition overall, to my mind.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:35 am

Man has been keeping "good" records of temps since about 1880. Let's just call it 150 years. Hell, let's call it 1,500 years. Man thinks we can take a hairline glimpse into recent history (the last 1,500 years) regarding temps and decides we need to make changes because we are causing these changes. What a joke! Did you know we are technically in an ice-age right now? Look it up! How many ice ages have there been? We've had at least 5. Man didn't cause any of them or the heat to be removed from any of them. Climate change people are funny.

Climate change happens. You can't stop it. Do you actually think the earth's hottest day or year or decade or century happened in the last 1,500 years. C'mon man! Be serious for just a minute. Listen to yourselves!
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:05 pm

No offense meant, but I'd like a link to the website that says we're in an ice age right now. So I can lmao at those idiot liars. If we are in an ice age then the glaciers would be growing everywhere world wide, not almost all receding. Huge ice shelves would not be breaking off of the ice in Antarctica. And so on. It'd be obvious an ice age was starting.

I watched a program about ice ages a few years ago. Scientists finally figured out the conditions necessary for one to happen. The next one is not due for over 100,000 years, if I recall correctly.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:36 pm

Here you go Nameless. Enjoy the reading:

I used Bing's new A.I. Search and asked if we are in a Ice-Age right now.

https://www.bing.com/search?pglt=41&q=a ... B1&PC=U531
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:15 pm

That's a cute link, Herm. But if you scroll down a bit, you find a link to an article from the Smithsonian magazine that claims the exact opposite.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-ne ... 109417477/

I can recall talking about the warmer winters we were having here in Ontario with a friend in the early 90's. We explained to his then 12 or 13 year old daughter just how much less snow we were getting than we got during our childhood, and how much shorter the ice skating season was on the local "16 mile creek".
Last winter the ice barely froze over thick enough to be safe to skate on. I saw people on several occasions skating on the ice anyway, even though you could see the water flowing beneath the ice. If you can see the water beneath the ice, it's less than the minimum 4" thick. It wasn't safe to skate on the ice except for a very brief period. No one broke through the ice and drowned this year, or in the more recent past, but it has happened. I've noticed over that last few decades that the safe skating season is getting progressively shorter, over all.

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:00 pm

Just stopping in for a few minutes!
Howdy Folks! :D

PS: {CMM} will be coming back - we are working on it! :wink:
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777