Share your Screenshots

Post all off topic / off the wall content here!
Nelsona

Re: Share your Screenshots

Post by Nelsona » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:33 pm

Yea great ! Only in your mind is pretty. In a server with more players, when nobody is able to see something or hunt something, I don't think after that minute will see 2 players (I mean Pro players) remaining in game. This is a sign of wickness, usually when we are unable to kill some monsters, we are looking for overpowered weapons to fight because is nasty to fight normally. In this map I didn't see to much action, means to unlock something, to complete an objective, just a dumb health (I restricted any monster to 15000 max health :P), I have a clear point for such mapping style (restore order in less than 50 ms).

Not the last observation, I was informed about a server with 8 players trying many times to contact the server with this map voted. Was very hard to enter in game (textures incorrect done ?). This is a MH map ? Fighting normally there with that so called music I don't think is a pleasure, at least Mr. Author already delivered a fix for a map 2MuchHealth not really voted in servers, but was necesary to recreate a crap with a high spam (maybe some lessons about what is mean Tracing functions in UT should be readed before such a release). Anyway, as admin I don't add such a map requiring a bunch of MB before to remove useless sick stuffs.

Happy hunting there !

EvilGrins
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by EvilGrins » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:16 pm

Nelsona wrote:Yea great ! Only in your mind is pretty. In a server with more players, when nobody is able to see something or hunt something, I don't think after that minute will see 2 players (I mean Pro players) remaining in game. This is a sign of wickness, usually when we are unable to kill some monsters, we are looking for overpowered weapons to fight because is nasty to fight normally. In this map I didn't see to much action, means to unlock something
1) As part of those that play MH with the Nali Weapons iix package, I can tell you that whenever someone fires this thing there are still people around afterward. The nice thing about the weapon is it takes 10 minutes to respawn and it's not the only weapon that's sickeningly powerful in that setup.

2) That map has multiple things trying to kill you, probably the most monsters I've seen p/room from most MH maps.

3) The 'locks' are the monsters. You need to kill off each one of a certain type to open other things.

4) Hi. :mrgreen:

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:39 am

No, you forgot to explain why 8 players entered in game very hard when server loaded this map.

If you think this is funny for an admin to see troubles in his server because of a crap map developed by noobs in mapping, for me is not funny either. What objectives ? Simple doors ? Be serious. Such mappers usually are most dangerous than hackers and other mad guys. A stupid ideea in a map can crash server. And the server with 8 players is not as Local Pratice with a bunch of comands throwed in console. Purpose for that music, maybe there is a link between a crap music and pictures from the walls, but no logic with MonsterHunt game-type.

Such a map is tested for a while in server, and if somebody tell me about it as being bad, next move is SHIFT+DELETE. Cya with a better one !

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:18 am

1) Are we talking about the map in my screenshot up there? I've never heard anything bad about it. It's not mine, I've never made a map.

2) You start in 1 room with a bunch of GIANT tentacles on the ceiling. When they die, which takes awhile, 2 side doors (plus one alcove higher up) open one which leads to a room filled with various sized gasbags, another is a narrow corridor with more tentacles; alcove if filled with flies. Behind the gasbags are 2 redeemers. Kill all those off and a side door up a staircase opens releasing numerous pupae. Kill them and a room past them opens with a GREAT HALL filled with stone titans. Kill them off and a HUGE room opens with various sized behemoths in it. Kill them, again takes awhile as there's a bunch of them, two other doors open. One leads to powerful kralls, other leads to a network of LONG hallways with several dozen behemoths, warlords, and finally the last BOSS.

Goals? There's a bunch of goals.

3) I think 8 players is an ideal number for most any MH map.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:26 am

Been doing a lot of LMS with bots lately and the Goa'uld staff weapon.

Victory shots for Lantern Corps:

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:29 am

DM-Bloodbath is, hands down, the smallest deathmatch map I've ever seen. Other than 2 walls not visible in these shots, it's not much bigger than you see here.

LMS, 16 bots, Goa'uld staff weapons:

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:51 pm

Hands down, the Steg is the easiest model there is to skin. Whoever it was that created it didn't include team colors and the original skin sucked:

I'm blind!

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:39 pm

What the fudge?!?

That just looks wrong...

Always amused when this happens

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:10 pm

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:50 am

Only my bots are this cool.

MH-DIE: You fight thru waves of monsters to get to the boss at the end which is a MASSIVE mercenary. You then kill him to open the exit. Ordinarily this takes awhile cuz even with instagibs the map provides, he's got an insane amount of health.

Made less easy to fight as he appears on a ledge above and stays up there until he's either dead or players on the map give up.

My bots not only got him off the ledge...

...they kept him off the ground and disoriented, bouncing him around on their weapons fire!

My bots rule!

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:50 pm

Best idea anyone's ever had for a map!

It's just a park in a much larger city map.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:17 am

Hahaha! That is funny! What was the map?
~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:05 am

Hermskii wrote:Hahaha! That is funny! What was the map?
DM-[BBST]-ThouarsCity
http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=2064

ZippityDooDa

Post by ZippityDooDa » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:05 pm

This is For you Evil lol :)
11100000.11111111.11111111.00000000 /24

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:46 pm

KiLLaKeLLeR wrote:This is For you Evil lol :)
http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp20 ... ot0003.jpg
I believe I'd prefer chocolate chip pancakes.
:mrgreen: