The BUF (Beyond Unreal Forum) "Off Topic" section review!

Post all off topic / off the wall content here!
Hook
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Re: The BUF (Beyond Unreal Forum) "Off Topic" section review

Post by Hook » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:55 am

nameless DOES have a good point, but at the same time, places like that also need to be pointed out. * sigh * :?
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Post by Hermskii » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:37 pm

I don't expect to post more here to be honest. They are quiet over there. Nameless is right and so are you and thus so am I!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

Re: The BUF (Beyond Unreal Forum) "Off Topic" section review!

Post by Hermskii » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:36 pm

Saw this there for Kelly:

https://forums.beyondunreal.com/threads ... al.204737/

I checked out everything else and there was nothing worth mentioning except this topic I linked to.
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:15 am

Bold and italics added to second quote.

First, a couple of reminders:
a nameless entity wrote:
Hermskii wrote:I had no doubt they'd start nibbling on each other and behold they have.
Hermskii wrote:I was one of the last fish in that pond but I'm done there now.
So does this mean that at long last you will be letting this thread sink to the bottom of the heap?

(hopefully to never be seen again?) :|
a nameless entity wrote:I have been suggesting that you avoid that place for quite some time. If those guys upset you as much as they seem to do, then I once again most respectfully suggest that you avoid them. Ignore any curiosity or fascination with how low they can go. You already know.

All you do is welcome negative energy into your life when you go there, and no one needs that.

By all means pray for whomever you like, but don't check to see how it's working. As I said, a discovery that you got an answer you didn't prefer can be upsetting.
And second: Now perhaps the cream has risen to the top, but given the nature of the vat it is in:
If you seek insight into a man's character, observe who are his associates.
-Ancient Japanese proverb
So I still say all persons of good intent should avoid that place no matter how much "fun" it may seem to be to hang out there.
Hook wrote:nameless DOES have a good point, but at the same time, places like that also need to be pointed out. * sigh * :?
Bold has been inserted into the quote immediately above.

I most respectfully disagree with the latter part, but perhaps I should just ignore this thread in order to stop sounding preachy, and for my own well being, at that. :|
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:43 pm

- I don't post there.
- I do go look to see if they have improved.
- BUF is still major player in the UT society and that can't be ignored.
- I'm anxiously waiting for something to happen over there but it hasn't happened.
- I visit the place about once every 2 - 3 months to see if anything worth pointing is happening.
- Nothing is going on over there.
- It is dead.
- The fact someone asked how Kelly was doing was a big deal.
- It was a step in the right direction I thought.
~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:50 pm

Never noticed this thread before...

I hit up BU a couple times a week, mostly, of late, to check what Leo's come up with. The guy does some amazing monster work (he's the guy that made the gargoyles) but he is admittedly... insane:

Yeah, there's some buttheads over there but I don't have much problem with any of them... which isn't to say I haven't had some major difficulties in the past but I'm the kinda guy that doesn't let things lie. I talk it out until, at the very least, an accord can be struck and semi-peace exists.

My .02¢

KellyD

Post by KellyD » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:11 am

I didn't see that thread at BUF until today, I replied to Manticore by PM. Honestly I just scan the various forums and post very little. BUF carries no more relevance now, no one posts anything serious there any longer. I have too many real life issues to spend my time reading keyboard warriors tearing a person apart for posting an opinion. Brizz let it go on too long and too vigorously and it killed the membership. That's a shame too because it could have been a force of good for UT4 and beyond but it's got a bad rep now.
Retired. Please email to contact.

Dr.Flay

Post by Dr.Flay » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:12 pm

I remember criticising them in the past by saying they should not take the name "Beyond" Unreal so literally, and perhaps come back to it.
The IRC and forum was busier before Epic created the new UT forum. Now you will find them all there.

It is more convenient to follow forums, or forum sections with a news feed in your browser or RSS reader of choice
https://forums.beyondunreal.com/forums/-/index.rss
You can see if a post is worth visiting, without visiting.
chaoticdreams.org - @TheChaosMod - Web IRChat - [url=irc://irc.quakenet.org/chaoticdreams]IRChat[/url]

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:32 pm

One nice little find · https://forums.beyondunreal.com/threads ... un.187729/

Though I never did get around to testing it myself.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:24 pm

I had posted on that forum a long time ago that I never expected anyone to beat Hillary. I never expected a Republican to win the presidency again for that matter. I'm so glad I was wrong.

I'm anxious to see the prosperity that I expect will take place in 2017. I'm hopeful for all of us that President Trump will do all the things he said he would.

Most importantly, I hope we can all get along through the challenging times in our future. No man is better than another in God's eyes. My Catholicism says I must do my best to love everyone as my brother. To forgive others if I ever expect to be forgiven for my misdeeds. I pray for myself and all of us that we can come together as God's family and live as he wants us to in his his glory.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays etc.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:21 am

OMG!

I am so tired of all of this winning but I love it and will try to stay tough to enjoy all of the rest of the winning Trump can provide. It has only been two weeks, He doesn't have a completed cabinet yet and had gotten tons done already. I imagine this is what it would feel like to be tangled up in a net so tight you can barely breathe and then have some come along and slowly loosen your bindings.

It is also awesome that my self and others were already saying it was like waking up to Christmas everyday before you started hearing everybody on TV say it during interviews.

I'm considering keeping track of all of the stupid crap the progressives do like freak out on campuses every time someone wants to use their right to free speech. Libs always acted like the Tea Party people were like this but the Tea Party folks would show up, protest peacefully, clean up after themselves and then go home. No arrests. No property damage. No attacks on local police and people who voiced or indicated an opposing view. Apply the opposite of all of that behavior and there you have your modern day progressive liberal activist.

I'm still praying for us all though! Merry Christmas tomorrow again. Hey yeah, It is like the Groundhog Day movie but we wake up each day and it is like Christmas! It is like Christmas because Trump keeps giving the voters who gave him the LANDSLIDE ELECTORAL VOTE victory what they want. Every day we get something new and awesome. This is going to make up for the last 8 years of Obama and the last 4 years of Bush.

They say it took a Carter to get a Reagan. Well it took an Obama to get a Trump! Carter has to be exited too since we will no longer go down in history as the sorriest President in semi-recent history. Obama stole that crown! Bush's 2nd term was pretty close too.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:22 am

Hi there Hermskii - been awhile since I have seen you on! :wink:
How is your company doing?

I actually had you pegged all these years as a Democratic Liberal - judging by how you seemed to really care about people, hated liars and lies, was always so generous, and was a fair and just person. :D

Now, before you go on, understand that I am on the fence between Republicans and Democrats.
I have voted both ways over the years.
Now, that said, and I am serious here...
Let me understand though, as when I ask those who voted for Trump what they are getting for Christmas?
They never answer me!
I want to understand - and I am scratching my head.
To me it is like the Grinch stole Christmas from all of us.
Taking away our benefits and rights.
Help me understand.
What is it you are getting from Santa Trump that you wanted? :?
I only see a small few things that may be good and may come about - but those few things are things that we were already all striving for over the last years, but I see very little else coming to help us real people. :|
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:37 am

I didn't vote for Trump... but I couldn't resist as I needed somewhere to vent!
Hook wrote:when I ask those who voted for Trump what they are getting for Christmas?
Going on the basis of the "Make America Great Again" and Trump put a guy in charge of the EPA that's been suing the EPA for years for protecting the environment too much, nominated a lady to head the nation's education who wants to remove public schools and privatize all education, and several other things along those same lines...

...I'd say Santa Trump will be bringing us all back to a time when child labor was the norm, businesses pollute everything because the almighty dollar is more important than fresh air or clean drinking water (water from faucets will be flammable again) and in all likelihood the right to vote will not be for all Americans but only those on a pre-approved list.

I'm thinking it's gonna be a very bleak XMAS, provided the PotUS doesn't get us all nuked sometime before then.

Slightly inspired by the fact Trump took a department that kept an eye on terrorists and white supremacist groups... and ordered them to focus only on terrorists and let the racists do pretty much whatever they want now.

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:39 pm

I promised myself I wouldn't post in this thread any more, but since it's gone off topic I guess I'll try to keep it that way. ;)

Today is February 17th 2017, and going by what happened during Trump's stream of consciousness 1.5 hour diatribe yesterday, one can only hope that the Donald self destructs before he takes the whole damn country down with him.
You know it's bad when even FOX NEWS is blown away by what happened. (Quote: "Alrighty then!" said the lady newscaster.) :roll:
Evilgrins wrote:Going on the basis of the "Make America Great Again" and Trump put a guy in charge of the EPA that's been suing the EPA for years for protecting the environment too much, nominated a lady to head the nation's education who wants to remove public schools and privatize all education, and several other things along those same lines...

...I'd say Santa Trump will be bringing us all back to a time when child labor was the norm, businesses pollute everything because the almighty dollar is more important than fresh air or clean drinking water (water from faucets will be flammable again) and in all likelihood the right to vote will not be for all Americans but only those on a pre-approved list.
Agreed, but he has to hold himself together long enough for this to happen.
a nameless entity wrote:.......I predict that he will be gone somehow within the next two years....
I paraphrase myself perhaps, but that is essentially what I said in another thread. And I stand by it. I really don't think he's going to make it. Something's gotta give here.

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:24 pm

I have just finished reading a very interesting and informative article in the March issue of The Atlantic by David Frum.
After reading this article I now believe that I was wrong to think that Donald Trump is going to burn himself out. It is highly possible that what he is doing is all part of a rather nefarious plan.

David Frum is an ultra conservative writer/journalist originally from Canada. He followed in the footsteps of his ultra conservative journalist/writer mother the late Barbara Frum. I couldn't stand her, and later, him. I used to yell at the TV that they should go and live in the USA if they thought that the American Republicans were so wonderful. (And I was a conservative party voter in those days!) Eventually that is exactly what Mr. Frum did. He went to live in the States, and I believe he became an American citizen as well.

My point is that David Frum is NOT in any way a liberal.

The article is long, and contains a few $5 words. (I had to look one of them up myself: "Emolument" ;) :lol: )
But it is well worth the patience to read it all.

Keep in mind that David Frum is a dyed in the wool conservative. You Americans would do well to follow his advice to avoid passivity and indifference and continue to resist this bad hombre that is sitting in the chair of the POTUS in any way you can. A good start would be to force the Donald to release his income tax returns. (Any hackers out there? ;) )