Not much I could do. I hate change

Post all off topic / off the wall content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: Not much I could do. I hate change

Post by Hermskii » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:33 pm

I will try to find it. Note that it was a crack that did it meaning it may break something else to make it work and this was also from sort of a long time ago. It was actually posted here. I will search for it. and post links to what I find. I think EA actually posted it here about a year ago. We'll see when I find it.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:38 pm

I did manage to find the exact thing I was looking for but it turns out it wasn't the exact thing you were looking for. Behold with my apologies:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2715&p=32237&hilit=IE9#p32237
~Peace~

Hermskii

David

Post by David » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:18 pm

I think someone (Microsoft) got to Hermskii. They told him to back away. So who was replaced by a bot now? lol.
Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:22 am

I'm sorry David. I could have sworn it was IE9 and not Direct X 10. That was from a while back. I'm old. LOL. Looks like I was also in a hurry when I typed that. I have made a few typo corrections.
~Peace~

Hermskii

David

Post by David » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:36 pm

Hermskii wrote:I'm sorry David. I could have sworn it was IE9 and not Direct X 10. That was from a while back. I'm old. LOL. Looks like I was also in a hurry when I typed that. I have made a few typo corrections.
It is all good. Just had to laugh about.

David

Post by David » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:34 pm

Well I am not sure if it was a Google Chrome update that made things a little weird but something happened.

Let me explain. On Facebook (I do not have an account) in the past I have been able to save user names and passwords for multiple users (my wife's and my work.......... and now my eldest daughter), but when I tried to have Google chrome remember my daughter's information it would not and it would not ask me if I wanted to save the user name and password as it did in the past. I even erased the user names and passwords history, but Google chrome will only remember or ask to remember ONE user name and password, the first user name that I enter and that is it.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

After searching the internet and scratching my head, I went for a Hail Mary (this was my own thinking/guess). What I did was that I erased the user names and passwords for Facebook as I did previously, but this time after I entered the first user name and password (yes it asked to remember this) I then used CCleaner to erase the temp files/folders and internet history. I then entered the 2nd user name and password (and yes it remembered the 1st one and it did ask me if I wanted it to remember the 2nd user name and password). I then used CCleaner again and entered the 3rd user name and password (and yes it remembered the 2nd and 1st user name/passwords and it did ask me if I wanted it to remember the 3rd user name and password). Now it had all three user names and their accompanying passwords.

I got it done, but in the past it was not this way. I do not know. A long way about it, but same destination.
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:27 am

That is totally odd indeed. Glad you got it worked out though.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Dr.Flay

Post by Dr.Flay » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:27 pm

Going back to the original post, I should point out that I see that everywhere as an Opera user.
Many sites tell you your browser needs updating, even though it works anyway.
Google sites tell me this no matter if I use the latest FireFox or Opera.
They just want people to use chrome, so they can capture more info from your browsing.
And equally Microsoft sites tell me I need to update to the latest IE.

Until a site actually stops working, you don't need to worry.
Your browser is responsible for it's own updates, not scaremongering banners on websites.
The web is for everyone. When a site breaks in a browser, the browser makes usually find a way to make it work again.
No way will the other browser companies allow google to keep their browsers out.

Very often the times the sites don't work, is when they specifically choose not to, after detecting your browser "user-agent".
Changing the user-agent to the 1 it prefers will often allow you access.

My copy of IE8 is set to spoof as "Googlebot" :mrgreen: and I can waltz in to every google service with ease.

:idea: If you actually require extra support and functionality from IE, then you can bolt chrome under the hood, by adding the "chrome frame".
http://www.google.com/chromeframe
This will add features to IE8 such as HTML5 support.

:idea: Importantly there are also alternative 3rd-party versions of chrome-browsers, that don't send all your info back home for financial gain.
If you need to use chrome, then you can find a more ... polished chrome than the original, with it's grubby, sticky fingers going through all your info :mrgreen:
chaoticdreams.org - @TheChaosMod - Web IRChat - [url=irc://irc.quakenet.org/chaoticdreams]IRChat[/url]