can't find the other thread

Post all off topic / off the wall content here!
EvilGrins
NoMoreSpam: Silver

can't find the other thread

Post by EvilGrins » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:26 pm

Herm posted something about file hosting, for pictures in this forum, and I remember saying i didn't use the thing he wsaid was gonna go away soon... but I've a related issue.

The screenshots I've posted are mostly coming up blank. It's an issue with my image hoster but not the usual one. They're switched the format a stretch back, about a year or so back, and assured everone that it wouldn't effect hosted images posted anywhere...

...and it didn't, until this past week.

The Pics are still there, it's just the URLs have changed. I don't know that I wanna go through all the old threads I've posted pics to, which if you know me you know is an insame amount of many, but I may do a few here and there.

I've got a letter pending with the heads of livejournal, my image hoster, to see why they suddenly went back on their word and started switching the image links.

All of the new pics i've put up in the past week are working fine, and some of the old ones are still okay... presently.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Re: can't find the other thread

Post by Hermskii » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:10 am

Yeah. There is some way to upload the images here instead of hoping some image site won't do exactly what just happened to you.
~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:18 pm

Hermskii wrote:There is some way to upload the images here...
You've said as much before, and I find it odd it's your forum yet you only know there's some way...

...and anyway, as I do crosspost some image between forums, that'd probably if I could host pics here that I couldn't link them from here to other forums.

Spent most of the weekend explaining the problem to the folks that run LJ, complimenting them with the whole "your image hosting is better than anybody else's" along with the "what prompted this recent change", buttering them up and critiquing them simultaneously.

They attributed it to a glitch on their end and said they'd fix it this week. They're quick too, my image links in this forum are all currently fixed.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:30 pm

I just uploaded a gif to see where it goes and what happens to it and all of that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:31 pm

OK. So this file is now on my webserver somewhere. So long as I have this forum, I should have this file and it should show up each time someone views it since I uploaded to this forum and did not link to another site to display it. Happy?
~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:20 pm

Happy?
I'm terrified. That's a scary girl!

Apparently this is the URL of the image:
download/file.php?id=1235
When I try clicking it, thing initiates a download of the .gif file.