Biker videos

Post all off topic / off the wall content here!
a nameless entity
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Biker videos

Post by a nameless entity » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:59 am

I thought that I had a thread where I had posted some videos of motorcycle activities, but if I did I cannot find it.

I got to watching this video that I found, then I clicked on the poster's name and found a whole bunch of other videos that he had posted. One was a four minute video of a ride out in the country side of Japan.

Then I watched some other stuff that came up about motorcycle riders on Harleys in Japan. Finally I found a video of a small group of young people who went riding up in the mountains of Japan on very narrow roads. None of them were on Harleys, but who cares? The music was ...... cute........ but of course I could not read any of the Kanjii that described what was going on with the ride. But so what! It is so flat and boring here in Southern Ontario that I was very envious of the roads they got to explore through the mountains of Japan. Best of all was that the video is 9:24, so you get a nice long look at everything. It is a very nice video indeed.

I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Dr.Flay

Re: Biker videos

Post by Dr.Flay » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:21 am

Riding around Cornwall in similar to the Japan footage. Lots of winding roads.
And yes roads like this are why there are a lot of bikers here. Car drivers do not have as much fun in the small roads.

In Cornwall we have an annual run around the County, in honour of a local boy, Martin Jennings, who died in the Isle of Man Grand Prix in 1987
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-24007763
We all stop in the village he was from, and pay our respects outside the church.

A wonderful view from the general public enjoying the spectacle of bikes as far as the eye can see.

A virtual tour of Cornwall from 1 of the bikes.

At the half-way lunch break, all the bikes tend to be parked next to other examples of the same.
You will see it literally is "run what you brung" as everything with less than 4 wheels gets dusted-off and put on the road.

STOP-PRESS
Added for the ageing rockers like me, that like some "Wind" in their ears 8)
This one is from a low-slung bike-cam, and turn the volume up for the first 5 mins :mrgreen:
chaoticdreams.org - @TheChaosMod - Web IRChat - [url=irc://irc.quakenet.org/chaoticdreams]IRChat[/url]

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:56 am

As a biker, I can't stand the video of what is going on behind the motorcycle. I always want the camera to face forward so I can see what is coming so I can react, so I can enjoy the view too. The only way I know of to film people behind you properly for a long time is to be the passenger looking backwards and filming.

Friends don't let friends be passengers on motorcycles.

My wife loves to ride along with me. I hate having a passenger and can't imagine enjoying being one.

I know, I know. It's just me I guess. I simply feel strongly about this.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Dr.Flay

Post by Dr.Flay » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:26 am

Some people are poor passengers due to 1 of 2 problems.
1) Not riding their own bike, they do not realise how much their movement and position affects your handling.
2) Due to riding their own bike, they do not trust your riding skills, so try to compensate.

I am a rare thing (would that really surprise you? :mrgreen: )
If you have someone like me on the back, who has a lot of experience in both seats, you can actually find you get the extra traction to fly around the tight Cornish roads.

I give the instruction to those I know that like to go fast, not to hold back because I am there.
We go "hell-for-leather" or you don't try.
If my pilot has to keep second-guessing everything, it will throw them off their zone.
I do my job as ballast. I grip on tight behind me, and tuck my head into the slipstream behind the pilot, and just follow what they are doing. Feeling the bike and moving with the flow.
I pop my head up when we are on the straight bits and scope out the road ahead, then I can plan when I need to brace backwards or forwards (obviously knowing the road helps).

I've ridden in groups enough to know people favour different lines around the bends, due to their ridding style or bike, so I know "NEVER TRY AND STEER FROM THE BACK !!"
How many of us have shouted that at someone after a scare around a bend you ride all the time ?!
chaoticdreams.org - @TheChaosMod - Web IRChat - [url=irc://irc.quakenet.org/chaoticdreams]IRChat[/url]

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:50 pm

All of that was very well said.
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:59 pm

Nice videos.

I couldn't watch the last one because:

"This video contains content from WMG and PRS CS, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

Bah! :roll:

Dr.Flay

Post by Dr.Flay » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:26 pm

Uh the irony !
The Hawkwind audio track is why I posted it.
Ah well, the others are probably more worth watching anyway.

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:03 am

Another bike I'll never get to own or even ride. Lucky Jay Leno! His bike is a 1933 model. According to what I've read in Jerry Hatfield's Indian Buyers Guide, the later models were better with the 1938-41 being the best.

After WWII Indian did not resume production of the four, prefering to concentrate on developing the new 400cc and 650cc Warrior vertical twins.

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:51 pm

A 1941 Indian Four restored at the Kiwi Indian motorcycle shop in California.
The music is a bit loud, but you can hear the lovely sound of the engine nevertheless. 8)

Dr.Flay

Post by Dr.Flay » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:51 am

1941. It sound like it could have been built last week !
Smooth as silk.