What is a good internet history viewer?

Post all off topic / off the wall content here!
David
NoMoreSpam: Silver

What is a good internet history viewer?

Post by David » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:32 pm

I have a question. I have windows 7 and IE 10 on my kids computer and I would like to know what would be a good/useful program to monitor and to be able to track my kids internet history. I know IE 10 has a history, but it is not detailed. It does not give time or anything specifics.

I would like something that at least tells me what pages and when they were visited. I came across a free program called IEHistoryView.

What are your suggestions? Thanks.
Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

David

Re: What is a good internet history viewer?

Post by David » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:47 pm

My computer I have Xp Pro so I use Google Chrome and it provides me dates, times and location on my internet history. It is basic for Google, so why not on IE 10?

I would like to keep the girls computer on IE10, due to the fact some sites only support IE or other search engines but not Google.. Weird.
Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

Dr.Flay

Post by Dr.Flay » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:57 pm

IE does store that info. You can see it all if you browse the temporary internet folder.

I use a lot of little tools by "Nirsoft" and there are a few cache readers for various browsers.
http://www.nirsoft.net/web_browser_tools.html
Every tool in one package.
http://launcher.nirsoft.net
chaoticdreams.org - @TheChaosMod - Web IRChat - [url=irc://irc.quakenet.org/chaoticdreams]IRChat[/url]

Kelly

Post by Kelly » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:13 am

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... ily-safety

Windows has a part of it's Live service that I use on my entire home network. The service runs on all the computers in our house and I can centrally check on everything that passes through the network. This is the way you want to go for something like this.

I've found the filters to be pretty accurate and the service to be worth the time to set up. In fact my son (who is 16) and I discussed this over dinner yesterday. He told me it was "quite hard" to bypass the safety locks so that means it's pretty secure. I have no illusions that he can get around my parental locks but if he said it's tough for him then that means it's probably above the skill level of non-nerds to accomplish.
When everyone you ever known is headed for a headstone
I don’t wanna give the end away but we’re gonna die one day

Dr.Flay

Post by Dr.Flay » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:56 pm

If any child of yours was not computer literate to a higher standard, I would be shocked ;)

It's when you find out the pupil has become the teacher, and they have been monitoring you, that you have to worry :D
chaoticdreams.org - @TheChaosMod - Web IRChat - [url=irc://irc.quakenet.org/chaoticdreams]IRChat[/url]

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:31 pm

I know and hey... if any of you guys lose your checking account PIN or forget it, just let me know!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Dr.Flay

Post by Dr.Flay » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:52 pm

You can always ask the NSA for the info on that PC :mrgreen: