Medical Bills

Post all off topic / off the wall content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Medical Bills

Post by Hermskii » Wed May 07, 2014 2:05 am

I got off light compared to many I'm sure but I still wanted to share my pain. I just got my final bill for going into the hospital last December with Pneumonia. They billed me $19,400 for 3 days there. My insurance covered all but $3,700 of it. I'm happy not to be paying the total and pissed to be paying as much as I have to pay. This scares the crap out of me too for when I get older and really start breaking down and having unavoidable health issues.

Tell me your story...your concerns.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Scify

Re: Medical Bills

Post by Scify » Wed May 07, 2014 2:40 am

I know how that is back 1997 surgery . It was total of 28,000 .I pay about 1,000.
" If I had a brain, I'd be dangerous!"

a nameless entity
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: Medical Bills

Post by a nameless entity » Sat May 10, 2014 8:24 pm

Single payer health insurance for all!! Private health insurance should only cover the extras that inevitably follow a serious illness and/or hospitalization.

(And don't give me any b.s. about single payer health insurance = too much government in your face. Properly set up and administered it would be no more in your face than the post office. Less so even, since the post office insists on sending someone around every day to bring you mail that contains bills to pay. :wink: :P )
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess