BOOOOOOOOOOO............ that stinks.

Post all off topic / off the wall content here!
David
NoMoreSpam: Silver

BOOOOOOOOOOO............ that stinks.

Post by David » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:02 pm

Well, at work I got a new computer with good specs (my supervisor had me order some computers). I transferred the files that I needed transferred over and got my new computer all set up. There were some hiccups but I overcame them, but then I discovered that my printer is not compatible with Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit. :cry:

Let me tell you about this printer (I know it is kinda weird to be talking about a printer this way), I had it at my home for many years. When I got promoted I inherited a broken printer and due to the speed of snail that my employer had, I brought my Trusted printer from home. This printer had been my work horse for the past 7 years at work. It never gave me any issues and was very dependable. Heck is was more dependable than anyone I had worked with.

I feel discouraged that I am no longer able to use my friend anymore, just because HP and Microsoft do not want to create a driver for this model of printer. :evil:

I must say goodbye to my partner, I must work on without you. I will try to find a good home for you. I hope that they will take care of you as you had taken care of me...

Goodbye my HP LaserJet 1000.
Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

a nameless entity

Re: BOOOOOOOOOOO............ that stinks.

Post by a nameless entity » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:29 pm

Remember when scanners cost around $350? I had a nice HP scanner that worked fine with my Windows 95 computer. When I upgraded the PC to Windows 98SE, the scanner stopped working. HP would not make new drivers for it. They did for lots of their other hardware, but not this model. I checked its operation every so often in case Microsoft ever included drivers in their updates that would somehow get it going again. On both my old Win 98 PC and the newer XP rig. I had no luck. Previous to that I had contacted HP and was told in no uncertain terms that they would NOT ever make drivers for my expensive scanner.

When my HP 722 printer finally died, I replaced it with an Epson 435 all in one. I'm very happy. I won't go back to HP.

Anyone need a brand new colour cartridge for the HP 720 family of printers?
Cartridge type 23 on the front of the box.
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:15 am

~Peace~

Hermskii

David

Post by David » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:13 pm

Hermskii wrote:You asked. I answered. Enjoy!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Al ... d-p/309001
Thanks. I had seen that when I was searching for an answer earlier but there were still some issues with pictures and non text items.
Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:03 am

Yes, sounds like my story also - The Scanner, and the printers! :wink:
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777