Old Games

Post all off topic / off the wall content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Old Games

Post by Hermskii » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:59 am

First let me say I'm sorry. I'm sorry that with this link you will likely be able to find the old game you loved and lost. You'll then go through some time trying to configure your newer than the year 2000 computer to run said old game.

I'm unsure but I think I found the first game I ever played being "Heretic" and shortly after I found several of the versions of Warlords which "I loved" back in the day. I looked for the hell of it under the R section for Red Baron and there it is! I still have the freaking joystick for that game!

So give this a gander and let us know how ruined or complete your life is now that you may have found that certain old game you have looked for forever! Here is the link:

http://www.myabandonware.com/browse/name/

This is gold to me. Sorry!
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Re: Old Games

Post by a nameless entity » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:48 pm

Well thanks for the Xmas present Herm. I just downloaded "Silent Service II" a game I once played on my Commodore Amiga.

I saw that Shadow Warrior for the Mac was also available. Lo Wang still lives! :lol:
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:44 am

Pretty awesome right? It took me a while but i'm playing some old games I loved and others I had wanted back then and never got. Now I'm getting to try them out!
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:57 pm

All I got from my download was some sort of "illegal" computer activity. So nothing happened when I tried to play the game. I have no idea what was wrong.
This happened the last time I tried to download and play some "abandonware" on my pc too, more's the pity.
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:28 pm

No. You're trying to play a game that isn't designed for a modern computer. You can't just install it and play. You can't even just install it in the first place. You have to get an emulator like DOSBOX and install and configure it. then you have to configure it to run your game. then you can play a really old game on a really new PC.

I wasted the day getting owned by the AI of Warlords II Deluxe which I never saw in real life until last night. It is basically Warlords II with lots of bells and whistles. Even though I lost today was a huge win!
~Peace~

Hermskii

David

Post by David » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:23 am

Hermskii wrote:No. You're trying to play a game that isn't designed for a modern computer. You can't just install it and play. You can't even just install it in the first place. You have to get an emulator like DOSBOX and install and configure it. then you have to configure it to run your game. then you can play a really old game on a really new PC.
Here are the instructions from the site
http://www.myabandonware.com/howto/
Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:06 am

Ah yes - these are great!
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777