Catching up

Post all off topic / off the wall content here!
KellyD
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Catching up

Post by KellyD » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:12 pm

Well, it's been an interesting couple of years. Hope everyone has been well. How about a screenshot?

This was my father's day present:

No, those are not underwear. I wear those shorts all the time. It's the west coast, no one even bats an eye.

This is from a hike a couple of days ago:

I've been working hard to get back into shape. I lost way too much weight and I've been trying to build some muscle back.

Isn't there a "picture of you" thread?
Retired. Please email to contact.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Re: Catching up

Post by Hermskii » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:42 pm

Hi Kelly! There is a picture ogf you topic around here somewhere. I hope I find it and merge this in or I can just leave it as a stand alone since I hope we'll get many more pictures over time.

Didn't you say the treatments made you taste stuff differently now. Does anything taste normal? What taste the worst? What tastes the best? What do you miss the most? What do you like the best now that the top pick has likely changed?

Good to see you brother!
~Peace~

Hermskii

KellyD

Post by KellyD » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:33 pm

Taste is really weak. If you pinch your nose and taste something then half that then that's pretty close. On the plus side I eat all the yogurt that goes bad in the fridge and I enjoy it :)

Sugar tastes really bad. The sweeter the food is, the less palatable I find it. I can tolerate the sweetness of say, whipped topping made from powder and water, but anything more than that I just do not eat.

Trust me kids, you don't want to do this. Stop smoking and don't put things into your mouth that don't belong there. Both can give you cancer. That's all the badgering I'll do. I just wanted to say that once.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:45 pm

I agree about the quit now or as soon as you can. I quit smoking 2-3 years back now and I was too late. Early stage emphysema owns me during the simplest of tasks. I walk up a flight of stairs and I'm winded. I can exert myself for a little while with full strength and capability but I will nearly pass out several minutes later. Not being able to take a deep enough breath or breaths or not being able to get enough oxygen when I do take several deep breaths is a bad and scary feeling folks. Quit smoking or chance it.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:10 am

Hey Kelly, I am jealous of those shirts LOL - NICE! :wink:
Hello again, and I am glad you seem to be doing well.
I hope you and your family are all doing well.

I'll be out in Seattle (your neck of the woods) in a few weeks.
Never been out that way that I recall.

Anyway, good luck to you and yours. :)
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

KellyD

Post by KellyD » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:45 pm

The west coast is like visiting a different country. Super liberal and no one cares what you do. I could walk down the street in a pink tutu while wearing a toucan sam nose and a rainbow wig and no one would even bat an eye.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:12 am

Seattle? Kelly is near Seattle? I have family there and I'm planning to visit them inside the next few years. Maybe just maybe I'll get to meet Kelly in real life some day!
~Peace~

Hermskii

KellyD

Post by KellyD » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:04 pm

I live in Coos Bay: http://coosbay.org/ It's about an hour north of the California line, probably about 300 miles south of Seattle. We get a lot of travel up and down the Pacific Coast Highway though. The drive can be long but the views are spectacular. It's some of the prettiest places I've ever seen in the world.

This is a wild change of direction but can someone fire up their old copy of Unreal and see if my server lists in the coop tab? To be clear this is not UT, I mean the original Unreal. I dusted off an old laptop and installed my server on it. I had to put it into a DMZ though to get past the router so I don't know if you can see it from outside my LAN. You don't have to join, just see if it lists on the tab would be great.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:09 am

Will old The original Unreal install on Win7? I have that game somewhere. I'll try if you say yes. I mean I'll try to find it first then install it if I have it.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:54 am

Actually, according to Google Maps, Seattle to Coos Bay is about 395 mi., and 6:38 hours drive. :(

KellyD

Post by KellyD » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:40 am

You are discussing driving directions, which can be confusing since the 5 & 101 are very twisted and can cover 40% more distance (my guess) in a given stretch because it winds so much. That's why I used the linear distance measurement so it wouldn't seem a fourth farther than it really is. Here's a good comparison so you can see what I mean:
http://www.distance-cities.com/distance ... oos-bay-or

David

Post by David » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:18 pm

Long time no see Kelly. I am glad that you are trying to regain your strength. Good job.

Concerning Oregon being liberal,.........Yes it is. I lived up in Portland, Salem, Corvallis, and Beaverton, through out different points of my life. I still have a sister and her family in Beaverton and boy are their kids different.. :lol: I am sure they are ok, just a little different. You gotta love your family.

I found Oregon a nice place to visit, especially the coastal areas and the waterfall areas off of the river, but..... I enjoy the sun of the desert in Arizona. My wife thought that Oregon was beautiful but she could not stand the cloud cover and light drizzle that is very common there.
Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

Hook

Post by Hook » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:02 am

KellyD wrote:You are discussing driving directions, which can be confusing since the 5 & 101 are very twisted and can cover 40% more distance (my guess) in a given stretch because it winds so much. That's why I used the linear distance measurement so it wouldn't seem a fourth farther than it really is. Here's a good comparison so you can see what I mean:
http://www.distance-cities.com/distance ... oos-bay-or
Ah Yes, I see what you were saying. :wink:
I just figured that IF Hermskii, or any one of us, were in Seattle, and any one of us were to meet up with you, they would be taking the driving route there.
Taking the linear route, albeit the longer route time wise, would definitely be the Much More Exciting route I would think by a long shot LOL :lol:
Take Care :wink: