Andromeda Ancient Test 1V Music

Post all off topic / off the wall content here!
BiGbOsS
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Andromeda Ancient Test 1V Music

Post by BiGbOsS » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:14 am

Hello all,

I guess this is my 1-2 year drop by I normally do. I hope everything is going well in your lives and in UT. I'm still playing it at times. it is always great seeing nameless, David, Hook, and some of the others I grew up playing this game with still active here.

I was wondering if anyone had any good method for finding out what a specific song is? I have always wanted the Andromeda Ancient Test 1V original music file(s). I have tried searching for it, but NR left the .umx file names a bit obscure. Everything is labeled with "ds", and if i google anything related to "ds", i receive a ton of videos related to the Nintendo ds/3ds lol :lol:

I played this version of the map for so long that even if I haven't played UT in a couple of years, I still get the song stuck in my head. Spent hours on it with hellfire, matrix, kort, pots, supreme, and the rest of the {MHM} crew back in the day.

I know it is a random and slight chance, but, If I recall correctly, Herm, you used to be in contact with NR at various points during the creation of this map. Do you recall him mentioning anything about the music?

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out.

Also, Happy Thanksgiving!
BoSs is in the HOUSE!

a nameless entity

Re: Andromeda Ancient Test 1V Music

Post by a nameless entity » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:58 pm

Hey m8. If you play the map from the beginning, and watch the credits that NR put in, you will see that he listed the music group's name that he took the music from. Dream Section or something like that springs to mind, as I think about it. Perhaps from there you can figure out which song of theirs it is?

Let me know how you fare on your search. :)
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:00 pm

He never mentioned the music to me. maybe i can get in touch with him and see if he can't hand over some info. Do what nameless said though first please while you wait for me. I just checked and I don't have NR2000's real name or email address. Now is the time to pull Nameless' chain for contact with Chico who does have NR2000's contact info.
~Peace~

Hermskii

BiGbOsS

Post by BiGbOsS » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:09 am

Wow. Just wow. Nameless, thanks! I honestly can't believe that after all those years playing Monster Hunt and all of those hours spent finding secrets in this map that I never noticed the credits right there at the beginning. Seriously, the answer was sitting there the whole time. How many times must have I had seen those credits only to completely ignore them? I am quite embarrassed:

(Sorry for the bad quality. I shrunk the image so it wouldn't destroy the forum's margins.)

This completely explains the "ds" in the .umx files. "ds" does in fact= Dream Section. I figured they stood for something. Alright im off to do some googling and such. I will report my findings later! Thanks again!

Herm, I appreciate you willing to reach out to Chico and them for me. Does Excalibur Holland still exist?
BoSs is in the HOUSE!

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:52 pm

BiGbOsS wrote:Wow. Just wow. Nameless, thanks!

Does Excalibur Holland still exist?
You're quite welcome. :)

The Excalibur Holland MH server still exists in a precarious sort of way. -I don't think the new owners of the host server are aware that the game is on their hard drive... :lol:
So the Excalibur Holland server goes down and pops back up from time to time. It's been up lately, but the ping is atrocious.

The Excalibur Holland forum however, is long gone. The community has scattered, although I have seen Fireball over at Fuzzball's server a couple of times.

KellyD

Post by KellyD » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:31 pm

That's a shame. There was some good info in there. Does anyone host a backup of it, or would they consider allowing it to be saved?
Retired. Please email to contact.

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:39 pm

As I understand it, Chico had a friend who was hosting the forum and game for free. When the friend sold the business, the new owners wanted to be paid of course. So that was that. Chico has nothing more to do with it. I expect that the forum is all gone now. The fact that the MH server still exists is a fluke.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:14 pm

Yep. Once upon a time his place was "THE PLACE" to play at and it was like that for a long time. I recall the forum was awesome too. I can still see it in my head. Orange comes to mind. I recall it was excruciatingly slow at times too but it didn't matter since he had all of the folks there and you had to deal with it to hang with everyone.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:01 am

KellyD wrote:That's a shame. There was some good info in there. Does anyone host a backup of it, or would they consider allowing it to be saved?
That's why is better to harvest info without saying nothing and later dropping it for seeker's happiness, else all content is vanished-lost (as some old drivers making useless good old equipment for programming several devices).

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:18 am

I presume/hope someone has done that here. harvest away I say. I don't want anyone to lose anything here ever.
~Peace~

Hermskii

BiGbOsS

Post by BiGbOsS » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:45 pm

Sorry for the late return. I was rather busy over the Thanksgiving weekend.

I searched for the music using the titles and artist name; however, I couldn't find anything. I ended up just converting the original .umx files to a few other file types, and I uploaded the music to Youtube in a playlist in the off-chance someone else ever looks for the music:

Andromeda Ancient Test Music

I put disclaimers on each video saying that I do not own the rights to any of the music. I excluded two .umx files from the playlist as they were both just kind of like minute long quiet hum's almost. Seemed like intro sound, and they were not really "songs".
a nameless entity wrote: The Excalibur Holland MH server still exists in a precarious sort of way. -I don't think the new owners of the host server are aware that the game is on their hard drive... :lol:
So the Excalibur Holland server goes down and pops back up from time to time. It's been up lately, but the ping is atrocious.

The Excalibur Holland forum however, is long gone. The community has scattered, although I have seen Fireball over at Fuzzball's server a couple of times.
That's a shame. They were a great group of people. I used to switch between their server and {MHM} quite frequently when I first started playing.
BoSs is in the HOUSE!

Nr.2000

Post by Nr.2000 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:23 pm

Hey everybody, long time no see. :)

Nameless contacted me and told me about this thread.

About the music. You can find the original module tracks from DreaMSectioN on The Mod Archive website. Most of the music used in the MH-Andromeda-Ancient maps are there, including many more great modules from him. DreaMSectioN is a brilliant music composer. His tunes were in a very high quality and they were recorded in the same music format Unreal Tournament used. That's why I selected them, and I thought they worked out very well with the map. The other ambient tracks used in the maps are from the Unreal game itself. You can check out DreaMSectioN's profile and download the music from the links below:

The Mod Archive
Profile: http://modarchive.org/index.php?request ... uery=68961
Downloads: http://modarchive.org/index.php?request ... uery=68961

About Excalibur Holland. The website and community is missed a lot indeed. Lets hope the House of Hermskii forum and servers will live on forever. I couldn't have made this map without the help and support from you and the great community. The Excalibur Holland server itself is still running though, atleast when I remember to put it back up after a crash. ;)

KellyD

Post by KellyD » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:36 pm

Just in case you check back on this I wanted to thank you for your work. Personally I think these two maps are the 'Gold Standard' by which every other MH map is measured against. I've spent multiple hours and hours exploring the crap out of them so I deeply appreciate the time you invested into creation. These were nothing less than artistry masquerading as mapping.

Retired. Please email to contact.

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:40 am

Hey, WOW, Nr.2000!
Been a long time! :wink:
Nice to see you still around. :D
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:19 am

I agree with Kelly. The work Nr.2000 did on Andromeda actually reset the gold standard for MHM maps.
~Peace~

Hermskii