The New Silk Road

Post all off topic / off the wall content here!
a nameless entity
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver

The New Silk Road

Post by a nameless entity » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:49 pm

I think we've all heard about China's increasingly obstreperous military attitude in the areas near to Japan and the Philippines. I've said before and I'll say again that I fully expect that we will be at war with China someday. I am convinced that they intend not only to dominate, but rule the world culturally, economically, and eventually, militarily. In the form of a global Roman Empire, is what I expect.

I don't know why it shocked me to discover what they are doing economically. They are spending upwards of 1 billion dollars establishing an overland and maritime pair of trade networks. I must say that the series of television programs I saw about this both scared and depressed me. The Chinese are determined to succeed in their ambitions.

Here are a couple of links about this "New Silk Road" that they are building.

This one takes a rather neutral look: https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/06/ ... explainer/

This set of four videos is worth your time to watch. If they become available in your area someday, set aside the time each week to watch them. Forewarned is forearmed!

https://www.tvo.org/programs/the-new-silk-road

Here are two books which explain the lengths that China is willing to go to in order to get their ambitions accomplished:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_Invasion_(book)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claws_of_the_Panda
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Re: The New Silk Road

Post by Hook » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:11 pm

Yes, the Chinese and Russia too!
Not to mention North Korea. :roll:
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

Dr.Flay
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Post by Dr.Flay » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:29 pm

China gained the ability to dominate the world from the day they claimed Taiwan was theirs, and the rest of the world decided to look the other way, just as it still does with Chinas claim over Tibet.
Taiwan is their biggest asset as it is where most of the tech for the planet is made.
Over the years their power around the world has grown since investing in the various companies and infrastructures such as power and water, so that they make money at every turn, and have control where they want it.

Unfortunately their King is as self-deluded as Kim Jong Un, and his people are just as disposable to him.
Inside China they would be closer to revolt but the systems in place are managing to keep the people down, and the Chinese people will have fresh memories of tanks running over protesters in Tienanmen square.

Things won't change with Chinas power grip unless the rest of the world decides that the Taiwanese flag should once again be flying, and puts as much effort into that as it has with other countries where it has decided the leaders are bad juju (and have oil or gas).

Due to ever escalating wages in western countries compared to a wealthy and totalitarian regime, we cannot compete with manufacturing anymore (as much our fault as theirs), so measures such as raising the tax on imports are put in place.
This is actually short sighted as it doesn't make home produce any cheaper, just more competitive.
So we end up with everything costing more and so need to raise wages again, which means most companies will also raise the price of their products and services, which means that people end up needing a wage rise again, which... etc. etc.

If we never gave away our competitive edge to other countries, we wouldn't be in this boat.
As long as we continue to take advantage of the lower wages in other countries to save on costs, we will continue to chip away at the bottom of the boat.
We need for companies to start handing cost savings down to the buyers pockets, instead of to their own pockets, and then we can be competitive at home.
You don't need to raise wages if you can make things cost less.
Problem is people like to see lots of zeros after the first numbers in their wage.
Go to South America and see how having lots of zeros actually works out for everyone.

Economic action is needed with trading at home and abroad. and damn soon or we will likely end up with military action.
....and how much of the worlds military kit uses components or software from China?
chaoticdreams.org - @TheChaosMod - Web IRChat - [url=irc://irc.quakenet.org/chaoticdreams]IRChat[/url]

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:40 pm

One word ...

YEP! :|

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:42 pm

Don't get me started. Too late! There is somebody trying to true-up trade with China. Someone here in the USA who is trying to stop China from stealing our technology. Someone who not only called them out for what they are doing like so many others before him but somebody who for the first time is actually taking action to stop this crap. This person is trying to bring manufacturing and technology and all the other good things back here to in the good old USA again so we don't rely on China so much anymore. Somebody who is looking down the road and sees what is coming as was explained above and said hell no. We aren't going that way anymore. Can anyone of us 4 guess who I'm talking about? That's right. It's OBAMA! No wait! No it wasn't, nor was it any President before him. Want to guess again?
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:31 pm

It was always shocking to me to see how the Republicans under Reagan let first Japan, and then China take economic advantage of the USA. All the presidents thereafter of both parties shockingly followed suit, until now.

The world needs to wake up to what is going on. But with all the Brexit turmoil going on in Europe, I fear that by the time that craziness is finally sorted out it will be too late. I have a feeling we will end up with the world once again divided into two camps. The dream of a happy united world living in economic and political/military harmony was just that; a dream.

We are back to a resumption of the cold war. Perhaps not as frosty just now as the old one, but soon to be that way again eventually.

Hook

Post by Hook » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:06 am

Well, It appears that Bernie Sanders might just be the best choice, if you think Trump is the guy.
Turns out that a lot of Trump supporters seem to like what he has to say, and that many of Bernie's solutions and views are like Trump's, or are actually better and more winning in the eyes of many Trump supporters, than Trump's solutions and views! :wink:

Read the following ...
Bernie Sanders boosted by Fox News town hall broadcast – live
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/liv ... -news-live
and ...
Bernie Sanders is Bernie Sanders at Fox News town hall and survives. Who's next? Anyone?
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 479747002/
and ...
Bernie Sanders Town Hall's most buzzworthy moments, from taxes to abortion
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bernie ... hy-moments

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:54 pm

I pray that Bernie gets the nod and takes on Trump one on one for the office.
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:13 pm

Hermskii wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:54 pm
I pray that Bernie gets the nod and takes on Trump one on one for the office.
We just had a similar collision to the one that you are praying for in the province of Alberta. The "United Conservative Party" just trounced the theoretically left wing "New Democratic Party" in that province.
I say theoretically because the situation in that province pretty much tied the NDP's hands into acting like a right wing party. The populist UCP party now inherits the mess that was NOT the creation of either camp. The world economic situation (low oil prices) plus the events (pipe line blockades due to disregard for native land claims and established rights in these matters) in other parts of Canada have resulted in a local recession.
One wonders why the UCP was so eager to take the NDP's place in this mess and end up being the bad guys no matter what they do, instead. :? :roll:

Whoever wins the next US presidential race gets to deal with all of the USA's messes. Why is anyone so eager for the darn job? :|

I have been very suspicious of Russian influence, especially in the media, for years in regards to the way there has been so much polarization of society's views.
But now that I have been reading the book "Silent Invasion" that I mentioned above in my opening post; I have been awakened to the very real likelihood that it has more likely been China for the most part, that has been encouraging this polarization all along.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:53 pm

Nameless said:

"Whoever wins the next US presidential race gets to deal with all of the USA's messes. Why is anyone so eager for the darn job?"

I ask:

What messes? Immigration? Healthcare? Off the top of my head those are the first two that come to mind and the most important. I'm not a fan of the slow legalization of pot everywhere but that is way down on my list. I don't like China infiltrating everything everywhere. That is a concern actually but at least Trump is sticking it to them unlike every other President ever. Shut down the border if you have to but get the wall up at all costs. Control our borders. Healthcare is a mess and a huge issue. Socialized medicine, single payer system is not the answer but something has to be done. The insurance system is the problem and greedy medical people. I have no answer for it.

I wish Trump would send the "ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS" to sanctuary cities. Funny how after he threatened to do so "THEN" the democrats jump up and say no. Hypocrites. Every one of them.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hook

Post by Hook » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:14 pm

The insurance system is the problem and greedy medical people

THIS! :roll:

Hook

Post by Hook » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:09 pm

I think that main-stream Dems and Repubs basically want the same stuff for us all.
Hook wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:14 pm
The insurance system is the problem and greedy medical people

THIS! :roll:
Hermskii wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:53 pm
I wish Trump would send the "ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS" to sanctuary cities. Funny how after he threatened to do so "THEN" the democrats jump up and say no. Hypocrites. Every one of them.
Some said they were not prepared, but did not say no. :roll:
Some said Oh yes! :wink:
LOL ...
Trump_BBWftyE.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:34 pm

Hook wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:09 pm
I think that main-stream Dems and Repubs basically want the same stuff for us all.
I just love that cartoon!
And once again we find that:

Love "TRUMPS" hate.

:D