I'm Nervous for Nameless Entity

Post all off topic / off the wall content here!
EvilGrins
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: I'm Nervous for Nameless Entity

Post by EvilGrins » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:45 am

I've been riding the buses throughout this thing with no problem... other than the usual problem of stinky homeless people that practically live on buses.

Say, Nameless... while looking for you I checked your profile here and your listed website is "interesting". Is that actually your site or did you just link it for the heck of it?

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:52 pm

Yeah! What the hell is that all about?
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No

Post by a nameless entity » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:30 pm

EvilGrins wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:45 am
Say, Nameless... while looking for you I checked your profile here and your listed website is "interesting". Is that actually your site or did you just link it for the heck of it?
Hermskii wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:52 pm
Yeah! What the hell is that all about?
No, it is not my website. And yes, I did link to it just for the heck of it. It amused me at the time. The guy that originally started "Cats That Look Like Hitler" left the website in the care of someone else years ago. The new guy was trying to support a cat shelter via the website, but he seems to pretty much have walked away too. I should get around to removing it from my profile when I have more time.
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:26 pm

Dell has some nice deals going on, an XPS special edition is available for a great price, just the way I like it. I'm tempted.....

Also saw a really nice HP all in one at Staples, if it goes on sale I'm going to grab one.

Almost there!....... :)

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:32 pm

a nameless entity wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:26 pm
Dell has some nice deals going on, an XPS special edition is available for a great price, just the way I like it. I'm tempted.....

Also saw a really nice HP all in one at Staples, if it goes on sale I'm going to grab one.

Almost there!....... :)
I'm such a dumb ass. I forgot to add in the HST on top of the prices I was browsing for the Dell pc's. The Holy Sh!t Tax on top of the price of that really nice XPS Special Edition pc puts it out of reach dammit. Back to square one........ :? :lol:

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:37 pm

Don't get nervous if I "disappear" again. Covid's 2nd wave is going on here, and like everywhere else, is way nastier than the 1st wave. The county I live in is next door to the Toronto hot spots, and cases here are rising. It's no surprise, fewer people are wearing masks outside now, and if there's any 6 foot social distancing going on, I'm always the one that has to do it.
This may well be my last visit to the library for a while, I'm getting paranoid again, and there's talk by the government of shutting things and places down again. I was just at the bank and paid all my up coming bills in advance in case that my bank closes its doors again for a few weeks or months.

I'm going to have a quick browse for new pc's again. I'm still waiting for one to go on sale, and I should have bought that expensive Dell while it was on sale. I had the money, but the price made me wince. The prices for being online with decent bandwidth are still cringe worthy too, dammit.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:06 pm

7 years later.... Nameless is still looking for a better deal. just effing buy something already.
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:30 pm

Hermskii wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:06 pm
7 years later.... Nameless is still looking for a better deal. just effing buy something already.
LMAO. Three days later after I last checked, the HP all in one I was keeping an eye on at Staples suddenly dropped $100 in price, and promptly sold out online and at their closest store.
And that Dell had gone on sale again for a few days, but I missed that sale too. :lol:

And as of around the 16th of this month, it's only been FOUR years since I went offline, not seven! :-P :twisted:

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:38 pm

Feels like 14 years.
~Peace~

Hermskii

David

Post by David » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:08 am

21ajtl (1).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:14 pm

I'm sick of this "Nameless Entity" thing.

From now on, I will be calling him "George".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:27 pm

David wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:08 am
21ajtl (1).jpg
LOL yes it's true! I feel like I'm waiting for Godot.

Dell is so sly and tricky. This week they're offering an identical computer to the one I want (with a different webcode/identity) for $100 more once configured the same way. You must watch them closely. Their prices jump all over the place every week.

Sadly, the all in one pc I want from Staples is still on sale two weeks later, and still sold out. It used to have an i5 processor in it, but lately it's an AMD Ryzen processor instead. I don't care which one it is Staples, either stop advertising the darn things, or get some more in stock!
EvilGrins wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:14 pm
I'm sick of this "Nameless Entity" thing.

From now on, I will be calling him "George".
*AHEM* You may refer to me as "Glider" if you wish. -I tried changing my handle to that years ago, but people kept on calling me "nameless" anyway. :lol:

(Well this is interesting. I tried to change my Avatar to one of the other ones stored on this website, but I was only able to see them for one second before the screen flashed and went to the upload from your pc or an URL page instead.)

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:34 pm

I'm sorry Nameless that this won't help a bit but even had you replaced your PC back when you first started talking about it 10 years ago or even 5 years later than that, it would still already be time to do it again. I figure you lost 10 years of your life waiting and searching for a better deal and at least 5 more waiting on slow computers to download and render images. so that is 15 years. that is the same as 15 x 12 months which is 180. Had each of the 2 computers you may have bought even at $1,000 each, that would have totaled $2,000 over these last 15 years of you looking for a better deal. $2,000 divided by 180 months is $11.11 per month.

Sorry but I figure you have lost about 15 years of your life to save $11.11 per month. I'm thinking you should stop looking for a good deal and buy anything at this point or you will likely be dead before you ever get to enjoy any type of new computer again.

You're welcome.

WAIT! Now deduct the amount you would have paid even had you got the best deal so say you got each of your new computers at only $250 each. That would mean they would have costed you $500. So the total savings would have been $1,500. Divide that by 180 months and you would have saved $8.33 per month.

Yeah, TOTALLY NOT WORTH IT (NO MATTER WHAT) to have waited like you still continue to do.

There! Now you're welcome!
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:01 pm

Going by the math, you're absolutely correct.

I've been talking about a new pc since around 2007, when my Dell P4 got to be 5 years old. But 2007 was the start of the market slide, and with my Mom gone and her pension stopped, money was tight. I figure I lost about 35% of the money I had invested to live on by the start of 2009.

I learned to scrimp and save, and had $1000 ready of 2 or 3 occasions for a new pc regardless. But if you recall my bitching from back in those days, my dentist ended up getting the money every time! :?

It's only 2 years since I've started getting my senior's benefits, but thanks to learning how to get by on what I had before, I've got plenty of money set aside for 2 pc's. BUT all those years of watching my pennies has installed a really hard to break habit of only buying what's on sale.
The HP all in one I want from Staples is still sold out. -But that's no problem at the moment. The Dell I want has gone on sale again, so if I can get my act together, and the sale doesn't end today or something stupid like that then maybe I'll go ahead. I don't trust these library computers, so will have to telephone my order to some guy in a foreign country on a cheap cell phone that squeaks and squawks. Last time I tried his accent + that noise equaled no sale. :x

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:11 pm

LMAO, I need to have an abscessing molar extracted. The dentists get my money again! :lol: :lol: It is a capped tooth too. (All that money already spent!) :roll: :?

Staples sold out on that pc I want so quickly again that I'm doubly annoyed. Time to shut up about it and just keep trying. This is probably the last time I'm going to use a library pc. I'll cya's when and if I get back. :|