2020 Election

Post all off topic / off the wall content here!

Who are you voting for or who would you vote for if you could?

Trump
50%
Biden
33%
3rd Party
17%

Total votes: 6

David
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: 2020 Election

Post by David » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:24 pm

Hermskii wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:19 pm
OMG! It is so close. Looks like Trump might lose. I'm sad.
Well, hopefully, the Republicans can keep control of the Senate.
Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

David

Post by David » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:01 pm

I saw this and thought it was interesting to see how the states were in the past concerning political party wise.
https://www.270towin.com/historical-pre ... elections/

Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Post by Hermskii » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:52 pm

That was totally awesome David! Thank you. I'm keeping that!
~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:11 pm

It was announced today, Biden is officially the 46th President of the United States.... even if Trump left most of the united divided.

Biden got 74,857,880 total votes, 290 electoral college votes.
Trump got 70,598,535 total votes, 214 electoral college votes.

Here's hoping Biden can repair the damage Trump did and fix the rest of the things that need fixing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

David

Post by David » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:19 pm

There was damage prior to Trump and there will be damage after Biden. There is no great solution and a politician who has been in the broken system for 47 years is not going to fix it, because he is part of the problem.

I do wish him well, I did not vote for him, but hope that things can go in the correct direction, (I would have stated go in the right direction but then I know the lefties here would get offended :lol: ) Only time will tell on how it turns out.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:44 pm

David wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:19 pm
There was damage prior to Trump and there will be damage after Biden.
Of course, but Trump caused greater damage than any PotUS before him, both to us and to relationships with our allies, which is what I'm focusing on. As a rule the best one can hope for is to leave the office with less broken than when you got there. Something Trump cannot do because not only did he take apart the things the Obama Admin setup to help us, but Trump did plenty of his own damage to boot.
David wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:19 pm
There is no great solution and a politician who has been in the broken system for 47 years is not going to fix it, because he is part of the problem.
Hopefully Biden will surprise you... I'm an eternal optimist, even though Trump came close to breaking that in me more than once.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:29 pm

Yep. Looks like we have a new President. I will respect him and pray for him like I said I would and I agree with David all the way. I'm beginning to notice a slight leaning for a certain group of people towards Biden. It may just be my experience alone but I'm seeing that people who don't have kids often support Biden. This seems true for me with 3 out of 4 Biden supporters I know. EG, do you have kids?

Now the big concern for me is the Senate race. While both Republicans are projected to win in the run-offs in Georgia, I have a that sick feeling in my gut that thousands of mail in ballots will once again turn the tide after dark. If Republicans keep the Senate, I don't have too much to worry about. If the Dems pull out another out of nowhere victory, this country will start to go to hell for a brief period before people realize that Trump was right about everything.

C'mon Biden. Do the best you can please.
~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:21 am

Hermskii wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:29 pm
I'm seeing that people who don't have kids often support Biden. This seems true for me with 3 out of 4 Biden supporters I know. EG, do you have kids?
I do not, but my sister does, and my cousins do, and my uncles and aunts do, and I have a sneaking suspicion my parents do too.

We all like Biden.
Hermskii wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:29 pm
this country will start to go to hell for a brief period before people realize that Trump was right about everything.
That seems highly unlikely. For 1 thing, the country already started going to Hell even before the pandemic started and statistically, Trump is never right.

Sometimes it almost seems like he is, but ultimately he just isn't.

Keep in mind, Trump has always maintained, even long before he got into politics, that he knows better than people who are better educated and more experienced in various fields. He knows more than the generals in the military even though he and his family took great effort to keep him out of the military. He knows more than the doctors, even though he continually says people should do things that fly in the face of medical knowledge. Etc. etc. etc.

Trump doesn't know bupkiss, pardon my French.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:46 pm

OMG! Trump is going to win! Well maybe not. Likely not. Nope. Well maybe....

Hmmm?

This is fun how we see a completely different reality. EG says Trump was destroying everything and I thought I saw him setting records and enjoying the best economy this nation ever had.

Yes, the virus ruined everything but do you think for even a second that Biden would have won had the virus not happened? I have to find a post I saw today and post it here later about the difference in the ways the votes were taken in different places.
~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:21 pm

Hermskii wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:46 pm
Trump is going to win! Well maybe not.
Trump is already discussing running for president in 2024... which he couldn't do if he'd actually won Election 2020.
Hermskii wrote:
EG says Trump was destroying everything and I thought I saw him setting records and enjoying the best economy this nation ever had.
Trump had an amazing economy, but he couldn't enjoy it without complaining it didn't make the front page news every day (you'd think he of all people would know there's a financial section) and he couldn't enjoy it without lying about how the economy was under Obama.

Trump had low unemployment across the board, though historians have constantly got on his case everytime he said it was the lowest it had ever been.

But he also handed the EPA over to a guy who had been suing them for doing their jobs too well, and when he was in charge he tried to convince people that breathing polluted air was good for them as it made them work harder to breathe.

Trump kept hiring people he praised endlessly about them being his "best people" and when he fired them he went on at length trashing them and saying how they'd never been any good... but if they'd never been any good then why did he hire them in the first place?

Trump kept attacking Americans constantly, insulting and trying to smear them... that is not a good thing for any president to do.

The thing about Trump as PotUS is he did do a good job on some things, but he mostly did a tonnage of more bad things that dwarfed those things... but he also tried to remind people about those fewer good things to make up for the much worse things that were in greater numbers.
Hermskii wrote:
the virus ruined everything
Not really. Trump's economy was already on a downward spiral nearly a year before the pandemic started in China, he had more than tripled the national debt and the national deficit, both were part of his "promises made promises kept" to lower. Trump also had the 2 largest stock market crashes in all US history.

When he won in 2016 he pledged to support the LGBTQ like no president before him ever had, and over the course of his presidency he did more to take away their rights and restrict their freedoms than any president before him... which is VERY not good.

He made a big stink that he was bringing Christmas back to the White House, even though the Obamas had celebrated it there for all 8 years that Obama was PotUS.

For a businessman Trump surprisingly had no idea how tariffs work, as during his trade war with China he kept increasing the tariffs on Chinese goods. Fun little fact, China didn't pay for those... only Americans did. If he'd wanted to China to pay more he should've increased the tariffs on American goods. His screwups in that Trade War caused hardships on farmers that he had to get funding to pay them reimbursement money to make up for.

Trump made it legal to dump industrial waste in public waterways again. Etc. Etc. Etc.

I could go on indefinitely, because Trump screwed up that badly on all sorts of fronts.
Hermskii wrote:
but do you think for even a second that Biden would have won had the virus not happened
Yes, absolutely. Without a shadow of a doubt.

See, the thing is Trump was doing such a horrible job he would've lost anyway... admittedly the disaster of his response to the pandemic cemented his loss, but even without it there was no way he could win.

But if he had, we would not have survived a 2nd term of that idiot.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:27 am

This is fun how we see a completely different reality.
First I want to ask if you are part of the LQBTQ community?

Secondly, I want to thank you for continuing to come here. I say that because while I hear on the TV that the Liberals / Democrats/ Progressives are the party of inclusiveness, I have found them to be the opposite of that in any event where they disagree with me. You disagree with me plenty and yet, I like to think we still get along very well and you still show up here. I know leans liberal too and he has never stopped coming here either even though he often disagrees with me, especially within the realm of politics.

My little sister almost doesn't speak to me because I voted for Trump. That is sad but common. I don't know a single Republican who won't speak to someone else based on that other person having different political views. Not one.
~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:43 am

Hermskii wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:27 am
First I want to ask if you are part of the LQBTQ community?
I am not, but I've many friends that are.
Hermskii wrote:
Secondly, I want to thank you for continuing to come here. I say that because while I hear on the TV that the Liberals / Democrats/ Progressives are the party of inclusiveness, I have found them to be the opposite of that in any event where they disagree with me. You disagree with me plenty and yet, I like to think we still get along very well and you still show up here.
Most forums steer clear of political discourse, to avoid drama I suppose... but regardless of the politics, I like this place. So discussing this stuff changes nothing.

Prior to the Trump Admin, Democrats and Republicans disagreed plenty, but it seems to have gotten significantly worse under Trump. He had a tendency to being out the worst in people... and it's not because he's a Republicans, because he wasn't always one, but because he's who he is. He thrives on causing conflict.
Hermskii wrote:
My little sister almost doesn't speak to me because I voted for Trump. That is sad but common. I don't know a single Republican who won't speak to someone else based on that other person having different political views. Not one.
Give it time, eventually the pervasive funk that Trump is will fade.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:40 am

Hey! I'm not gay and have lots of gay friends too. OMG! We are just alike right there!

Here you go to everyone here! This is a video everyone should have to watch. Please pay very close attention to the first 2 minutes of this video explaining how Republicans "just want a fair election" and democrats do everything they can get illegal votes to swing the final tally and they say they do it in the name of saying it is anti-voter suppression. Please...

https://youtu.be/HV-IKZWypXI

Please let me know if you disagree with anything she says in the first 2 minutes of this video and please feel free to elaborate since I love watching people manipulate things to meet their needs.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:07 pm

~Peace~

Hermskii

David

Post by David » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:10 pm

I was bored and I downloaded a game on my phone. It was an archery target game. I did try the same game developer on a rifle game on a previous day so I thought I would "give it a shot". After a couple of rounds, a new target comes up. I was surprised that they would have this target.
Resized_Screenshot_20201116-092612_Archery_World.jpeg
My first thought was why and then I thought to myself, if they would have done this to President Obama, then the game developer would be labeled as racist amongst other things. The game developer and game is "Archery World" by "Gunfiregame".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.