My yearly check-in

Post all off topic / off the wall content here!
Kelly
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

My yearly check-in

Post by Kelly » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:38 am

Ok, maybe it's every few years. I lose track....

Hope everyone is OK and covid free. We are fine and doing well here in Oregon. I've just about given up on gaming at all (no free time) but I do miss the friendships that it fostered. Figured I'd post up here and just say hello to everyone.

See you in 2022 (or 23, we'll see).

-Kelly
When everyone you ever known is headed for a headstone
I don’t wanna give the end away but we’re gonna die one day

EvilGrins

Re: My yearly check-in

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:37 am

Hi!

Dr.Flay

Post by Dr.Flay » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:20 pm

Good to hear from you and even better you are doing well.
The most interesting thing you have missed is probably the new patch for UT99 (finally).
Catch you next time.
chaoticdreams.org - @TheChaosMod - Web IRChat - [url=irc://irc.quakenet.org/chaoticdreams]IRChat[/url]

Kelly

Post by Kelly » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:40 am

Yeah, I followed that for a bit but just lost interest in it. Too little too late for me. Good on them for trying if it makes them happy though.

I was cleaning out my old emails and found some exchanges with Loath and it made me really miss the old days. I blasted out a few 'catch up' emails to some people and I thought about this forum too. Figured it wouldn't hurt to see if my login was still good.

I'm glad to see you guys are still kicking. I genuinely enjoyed my time in this community and I wish you all the best. HMU if you ever wander through the Oregon coastal area, I know the best dive bars and crappy food joints.

In case I don't swing back by y'all have a Merry Christmas (or whatever flavor you choose). I won't be opening my Unreal Xmas server for December because I just lack any time (or motivation) to set things up. It's all good though. It was fun for a very long time but somewhere along the way I stopped concentrating and got old.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:10 pm

Kelly wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:40 am
In case I don't swing back by y'all have a Merry Christmas
Thanks but I'm mainly concentrating on the GREAT TURKEY APOCALYPSE, as it's first.
Kelly wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:40 am
somewhere along the way I stopped concentrating and got old.
Old people need hobbies.

You could still make monsters!

Hook
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:58 pm

Hi Kelly - glad yawl are doing good!
Was just wondering about you several times in the past few months.
I sent you a couple if texts, but I guess your cell phone number changed. :(
PM me your cell# sometime - Thanks! :wink:
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:59 pm

I love it when people come back by and they recall their own passwords and log in with no issues. Yes, it is good to hear from you Kelly. I know what you are talking about when it comes to not having time / loosing interest. I feel the getting old thing too. My interest have changed to my little motorcycle collection. Also I have a kid old enough to play high school football. That would be Hermskii Jr. who is now learning how to drive. He eats all my food and his little brother isn't far behind at all.

How is your health? I'd think you'd be real nervous about the covid out there. I'm now fat. I weigh in at about 255-260 and am six feet tall. None of it is muscle. If I catch covid, I'm likely doomed. My faith keeps me way above the clouds all of the time though. I do still want to get all UT serious again every once in a while but it passes as soon as I run into a old problem I never got past. I'm even lazier now than I was before.

If we don't speak again soon or ever please know I think of you often. I feel you were by far one of the single, biggest, best things that ever happened to UT. I always really enjoyed speaking with you on the phone and appreciated all the help you provided to the UT community. I hope you and your wife are enjoying life the best you can. Always try to drop back in now and then and check in. Peace!
~Peace~

Hermskii

David
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No

Post by David » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:10 pm

Glad you are still kicking around and the Oregon moss has not claimed you yet. You know as well as I do, if you do not keep moving around, the moss will claim you. One of the places I lived where the moss was growing on the roofs of houses.
Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

Kelly

Post by Kelly » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:04 am

It's good to see everyone still kicking around.

@David: Yeah, it's hard to explain the amount that the moss will grow if unchecked. As a matter of fact I need to scrape it off my daughters car today. I saw it growing on the window seals. That stuff just appears everywhere. And the spiders too! I'd bet this area has the highest per capita spider population in the world. Since it rarely freezes they don't get beaten back and it's a constant effort to remove the cobwebs both inside and outside. I hate to spray chemicals but I'm about to give in this fall and go ham on a spider murder spree.

@Herm: I'm doing OK. My best friend at work got covid and honestly I had hoped he had given it to me so I could just be done with it. Sadly the masks do work and I didn't get it :( Other than that I'm doing OK. I'm coming up on 8 years clear so I've started to relax. My voice is shot and I look pretty rough but there are more good days than bad. If you want to see send me a FB friend request. I don't post much but there are some more current pictures. BTW, not judging you but yeah you should get that weight thing under check. It only gets harder as you get older. I feel the same about you too. Here you are still running this forum after all these years. Kudos man!

@Hook: Yeah I changed phones some time back. You are welcome to text with me but you probably don't want to hear me talk. It's not pretty (not that it ever was lol). My vocal cords have tightened and thickened and so my speech is getting slurry.

@EG: I'll almost surely never make another thing for UT. I just have no interest in it at all anymore. I did everything I wanted to do and then some so there's no itch. In fact I don't even have it installed, which is kinda sad. I should check in on the Redux project and see how the new update is doing but ehh.....CBA.

Oh, if any of you play 7 Days to Die I run a small server for the occasional day I get free time to play. Let me know you are interested and I'll add you to the admin list so you can play however you want. I just like to join and obliterate hordes. I think it's been a month though since I was on last so you may have the thing to yourself.

Thanks for letting me catch up. I have a bunch of unresolved emotions over Loath and I don't want to feel more regret for not occasionally following up with y'all.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:49 am

Kelly wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:04 am
@EG: I'll almost surely never make another thing for UT.
I sad.

Oh well, you may be gone from UT but you're also kinda not... I've been naming the occasional UTDMT after you in map edits. At some point I'll probably do the same with the UTDMW & UTDMS.

Yeah, that last one... I found a Skaarj version since you've been gone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.