Warning about WW84...

Post all off topic / off the wall content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Warning about WW84...

Post by Hermskii » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:08 pm

Hey folks. I thought I'd save a few hours of your lives. I watched the new Wonder Woman 1984 this last weekend. First let me provide some comparisons:

It is my opinion that the worst movie ever made was "Popeye" : https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081353/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0 . I mean, what were they thinking?

I feel the Dragon Ball Z movie called "Dragonball Evolution" is also very close to being a total waste of time to the point of being very frustrating : https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1098327/?r ... lmg_act_16 . They should give me my money back.

Lastly, you have the "Speed Racer" movie which is equally awful as the previous movie I mentioned: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0811080/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1 . You would think the directors of these movies never saw anything to do with what their movies were supposed to be about.

Back to WW84: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7126948/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1 . This movie was visually impressive and that was it. The story line sucked, staying true to comic canon does not happen. I wish I could just tell you all of the things they did wrong or took created license with but I don't want to take your disappointment away from you if you still watch this. Look, It was just terrible. I read 160 reviews before I watched it. Not one of them was as nice as this one. Watch at your own risk. Once you do, if you do, please rate it here. I'll give it a 3. The only part they did semi well was a hidden part they put into the credits so make sure to watch the credits. They put in a few hidden parts in the credits if i recall so watch all of the credits in case I'm right.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hook
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Re: Warning about WW84...

Post by Hook » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:22 pm

Haven't seen any of these - no desire to either LOL :P
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:05 pm

That is because you are wise beyond your years.
~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:38 am

I saw it and liked it.

It's different than the original as that was a time of war, and most folks that were alive during the 1980's tend to cringe about anything that takes place during that time... with the exception of Miami Vice. Was recently watching the last season of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. which involves time travel... and when they hit the 80's it was hard for me to watch.

DC Comics has a fluctuating canon, in that every 5 to 10 years there's some crisis event which reboots reality and nothing is quite the same anymore. In one of the most recent such events, what resulted afterwards was called The New 52, and while most movies have their own canon separate from the comics, this Wonder Woman movie is close enough to how she is in the comics.

The films have her as a young God who was raised by the Amazons, not an actual Amazon herself. The comics nowadays have her as an Amazon who was elevated into becoming a God.

Beyond that, it's the 80's and the story worked for me. I got no complaints.

Kinda saw how things were going due to the wishing. Across multiple fandoms, wish magic always has a cost and I liked how they merged that into this story.

I was a bit bothered about how Maxwell Lord was depicted in this, but nothing is ever perfect.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:02 am

Ha. She lassoed lightning in order to fly and you are ok with it. She can't fly. The golden rope is only 50 feet long. The end. Wonder woman can't fly. She can't just make stuff invisible because she wants to per the movie. I could go on for days but I respect your decision to see things with this movie as you have. It explains lots and had I made a bet before your response, I would have won big time. I love you mannnn!

Anyone else have an opinion about this pathetic movie?
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:05 am

Oh wait. What is your opinion (EG specifically) of the Sci-Fy tv-show "Firefly" and then the ending of the Firefly series with the movie "Serendipity"?
~Peace~

Hermskii

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:49 pm

Hermskii wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:02 am
Ha. She lassoed lightning in order to fly and you are ok with it. She can't fly. The golden rope is only 50 feet long. The end. Wonder woman can't fly. She can't just make stuff invisible because she wants to per the movie. I could go on for days but I respect your decision to see things with this movie as you have. It explains lots and had I made a bet before your response, I would have won big time. I love you mannnn!
Wonder Woman within the continuity of the films isn't an Amazon, she was only raised by them. She's a God.

Her lasso is magic, that it can stretch further than it's actual length is the least impressive thing it can do.

In the comics Wonder Woman can fly, and while she couldn't at the start of this movie by the end she worked out how to fly... largely going by what Steve had told her about how he flies planes.

As a God she can make things invisible.

Her origins were all explained in the first movie, so none of this should be surprising.
Hermskii wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:05 am
Oh wait. What is your opinion (EG specifically) of the Sci-Fy tv-show "Firefly" and then the ending of the Firefly series with the movie "Serendipity"?
1. Loved it.
2. Loved the movie.
3. That wasn't the end of the series. The show's creator made a comic book series that takes place after the movie and is totally canon.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:28 pm

About WWS84:
While I still hate the movie, you made some really good points I either did not know or failed to consider.

About Firefly:
Smart to do a comic book. I would even consider buying it. I loved everything about that series.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:29 pm

Are you watching the new Karate Kid series too? Picard? Star Trek Discovery? Star Trek Lower Decks? Mandalorian? Futurama?
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Post by Hook » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:08 am

The wife and I, together, mainly watch streaming movies.
Mystery, thriller, and good haunted house type movies.
Late nights on weekends I am a WWII junkie.
WWII movies, documentaries, whatever.
Good Westerns too.
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Tue May 24, 2022 2:45 pm

Speaking of remakes of franchised movies:

2 or 3 moths ago, I was able to watch on ordinary broadcast TV the last "Tomb Raider" movie that was promised for a long time before finally being released a few years ago.

I forget the actress' name now, but I liked her a lot better than Angelina Joli. The plot line was quite predictable, but the visuals were very good.

7 out of 10 as a winter time waster. Since it's the best of the genre so far, 8 out of 10 for the series.
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:42 pm

I just watched the film "Passengers" on the weekend, starring Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence.
I suspected that it might not have been too successful, as it was being broadcast on ordinary TV, and was a relatively recent release by broadcast TV's standards. (2016)

It reminded me a bit of an old 1 season Canadian TV show called "The Starlost". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Starlost
Certainly the idea of a sleeper ship that runs into trouble is not a new one.

The plot could have been done better, (since there were "lots of spare parts" why didn't they build another auto doc so that both of them could go back into stasis now that the ship was repaired?) but the graphics were cool as were the animations of the ship itself.
But overall I enjoyed the film anyway. Some of the film critic's reviews I saw on the movie's Wikipedia entry were spot on, but nevertheless I rate the movie as 7 out of 10.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passengers_(2016_film)
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess