It is official. UT99 is classic and hard to find too...

Post all off topic / off the wall content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes
NoMoreSpam: Silver

It is official. UT99 is classic and hard to find too...

Post by Hermskii » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:39 pm

I still get emails from people asking for help setting up their UT. I got one recently to help someone install MonsterHunt. I did not know it but he was using Steam to play UT and thus I was unable to help him. I wrote up a nice little install guide for the umod and the 5.03 patch but Steam doesn't work like that.

Anyways, I was about to suggest he go to Amazon and buy a used copy there but i decided to look for myself so I could tell him what he may expect to pay. Guess what??? There are no Original Unreal Tournament for PC offerings there. None. I'd say if you have a copy, it is now a collectors edition.

Well, I thought that then found a copy on eBay for $10. Hmmmmm? Well, maybe not much longer we will all have collector editions of this game.

Here is the link if any of you need a original copy:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Unreal-Tournam ... Swildf6BOM
~Peace~

Hermskii

Hook
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Re: It is official. UT99 is classic and hard to find too...

Post by Hook » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:26 pm

I hear Gog has them, but yes, they are certainly getting rare!
I myself have my Original GOTY edition with its Blue box, and also a still in the Red box GOTY edition that I received VIA US Mail from Lucifur. :D
I keep forgetting to give out UT99 for Xmas! arg!
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:07 pm

I have the blue box too and a red CD for that other version. I had a UT for MAC at one point but misplaced it. I ended up seeing several other copies for sale at varying prices. I don't think these will be so available in a few more years.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Dr.Flay

Post by Dr.Flay » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:19 am

The problem with the Steam and GOG versions is they don't add the registry entries for UMOD, UNR and the unreal:// links.
This is easy to solve with a registry fix.
there is a basic UMOD example for steam users here https://www.gog.com/forum/unreal_series ... ex_chaosut

I put a couple of registry fix tools in my gdrive https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... FNoRlZUUlk
Both are old and need to be run as admin on modern systems.

Alternatively the UMOD Browser tool can be useful if you have multiple Unreal engine games installed with no ability to open their version of UMOD.
Notably both Unreal and UT99 use the same .UMOD extension so the last one you installed takes over.
UMOD Browser guide https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?t=6020
chaoticdreams.org - @TheChaosMod - Web IRChat - [url=irc://irc.quakenet.org/chaoticdreams]IRChat[/url]

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:52 pm

Hello Dr.

Very helpful! Thank you. I forwarded this link to the person I was speaking of. I hope he joins here soon. I suspect he will. Thanks again for always being so helpful.
~Peace~

Hermskii

iTzKaotic

Post by iTzKaotic » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:59 pm

Hey everybody! So this post is about me. Im the one who reached out to Hermskii. Since i just got my gaming pc realized i didnt have a disk drive to install my copy of Unreal Anthology. I have been able to download and play UT but im still not really knowledgeable about computers and how to unzip or whatever you call it in your files. So when i was able to download UT i couldnt use the CD key code in the original box i had to go online somewhere an find one.

Dr.Flay

Post by Dr.Flay » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:09 pm

Since the final official patch v436 (as used in the GOTY edition), you have not needed a code or the CD to be in the drive.
If the version you downloaded is asking for a key, we can assume you didn't get it from GOG or Steam, and have some dodgy old torrent.

You should use the final v436 patch with your old copy, or make sure you get a copy of the final GOTY edition.
The GOTY edition comes with the first 3 bonus packs on CD 1 and BP4 on CD2.
You can get the patches and missing updates from here
https://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Unreal ... tial_Files

On a new system you will need to run the DirectX 9 installer because since Win 7 it only comes with full hardware support for DX10 and up.
Using the final DX9 runtimes installer will add the missing files for full support of older games.

You will need updated video renderers to take advantage of your modern computer.
The original UT renderers are made for Direct X 5-7 era cards.
If you have nVidia you should use the updated OpenGL renderer, and if you have ATI/AMD or intel graphics you should use a DirectX renderer.

The original game config is missing info for new masterservers for the online servers list, so you will have to manually edit the UnrealTournament.ini file to deleste the dead masters and add new ones.
http://333networks.com/instructions
chaoticdreams.org - @TheChaosMod - Web IRChat - [url=irc://irc.quakenet.org/chaoticdreams]IRChat[/url]