Feeling really stoked today!

Post all off topic / off the wall content here!
a nameless entity
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 3
extraextraantispam: No
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Feeling really stoked today!

Post by a nameless entity » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:23 pm

I got up at 7:50 a.m. EDT today so I could watch the Olympic gold medal soccer game between Sweden and Canada's women's teams.

The Swedes were the favourites to win, and they totally dominated the first half of the game. Their defense was excellent too, and broke up Canadian attempts to score.

They got one past our excellent goalie, and scored first. But upon a video review Canada was later awarded a penalty kick. This was our strength, and we evened up the game.
We did well in the second half, but the second half was scoreless. Sweden again dominated during the overtime, but luckily we held them off.
All during the game the announcers were saying that if it came to penalty kicks to decide the winner, then this would be Canada's big chance since our kickers and goalie were the better players in this aspect of the game.

Sweden won the toss. An even number of goals was scored on penalty kicks. Now it's sudden death, and because Sweden won the coin toss, they get to shoot first. But she flubbed her shot, and Canada then did NOT. :!: 8)

During the game the Swedes were so frustrated by our marvelous goalie that they knocked her to the ground twice. And got away with it both times. :x
Ordinarily I'm such a softie that I'd feel a bit bad for the losing team.
But not today. :roll:
Today I just feel totally pumped. :mrgreen:

Watch the game highlights and see why for yourself. :wink:
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess