Might be my next motherboard

Post all off topic / off the wall content here!
Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Might be my next motherboard

Post by Hermskii » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:38 pm

For those of you with a high end AGP video card who aren't ready to have to buy a high end PCI Extreme card and possible even a new processor and ram, I submit this board to you. Not only can it run high end AGP cards but it can also run the lastest of PCI Extreme cards. Not only that, it can run AGP in full 8X which many modern boards can't even do which make it running a AGP card comparable to and sometimes even better than the most modern PCI Express cards. It also comes with a M2 socket for future processors which will all use the M2 architecture. This board appears to do it all and a new BIOS has already been released fixing several of the few problems found with the board so far. Cheap too!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6813157081
~Peace~

Hermskii

K

Post by K » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:03 am

Hmmm, looks prety good. 70$ seems realy low too. I've never heard of that brand. It is good?

Hermskii
Site Admin

Dunno

Post by Hermskii » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:58 pm

I here that it is ASUS's cheap brand but it is fairing well against the best of the best mobos. I'm just about to buy it I think. I'm on an EPoX 8K3A+ mobo right now. All the caps are blown for the 2nd time already after having them replaced once. I'll never go EPoX again. This board supports high end stuff and I don't have any high end stuff but time will permit me to get there and all while on this new mobo so I thing it may be a must for me. We'll see.
~Peace~

Hermskii

a nameless entity

Post by a nameless entity » Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:35 pm

If you hurry you can delete your post on this subject at.............. that other forum. I almost replied to it, but decided to reply here instead so that you could delete rather than just edit! :o :wink:

I think this is worth a reduction in the number of cases of beer I owe you for all the years of fun I've had on your servers, don't you old buddy? :twisted:
I'm a man........but I can change........if I have to........I guess

twsted

Post by twsted » Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:43 pm

i have the following mobo Asus A7N8X its not max'd out as of yet but as far as asus product wise i will buy another as i like thus far an knock on wood havent had any problems
:wink:

may buy a 300gig hd though my movie backup space :twisted: is running low