Basic Summon Commands

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
BIOMECH
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: Basic Summon Commands

Post by BIOMECH » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:08 pm

My first ever contact with the Beasts Of Unreal came in the Invasion gametype of UT2004.
In Invasion you survive wave after wave of monsters until you complete the final wave or die trying, It took me alot of time but I made a list of these new monster things and started learning what they all did and how to summon them in spectator mode to OWN my poor innocent bots.

Then I got the Unreal Anthology and traced their heritage back all the way...
My first contact with MH was a server I joined just to see what MH was like, it was crazy with 1k health for all players, and modified weapons firing re-coded projectiles at about quaduple normal speed, facing off against huge amounts of monsters or god-like bosses.After a few plays it put me right of MH...Then I decided to see if differant servers had differant settings, picking one at random, one called MHM, I decided to have a look..... :mrgreen:

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:59 pm

Good story. MHM started out with default settings. It was not possible to win later maps with original settings. Then I found UTJMH and then the BIGI mod and now I use MHEXCAL. The new server I'm working on won't use any of these.
~Peace~

Hermskii

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:03 pm

You go Herm! Once the maps started needing reloads and health adds, they went downhill. More vanilla-ish servers need to be available.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:34 pm

Sorry Scotty. I'm not saying that it will be Vanilla. The mod has built in regen stuff with it so I won't need a 3rd party mut like UTJMH. I have to have something. This would be no fun at all with nothing but default settings. especially with the maps that I'll cycle which will mostly be what is already on MHM.
~Peace~

Hermskii

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:14 pm

I have to quite strongly disagree with Scotty, I reckon that MH without health and ammo regen would be hard beyond sense... :|

I don't have health or ammo regen, so I have the Relics mutator and sometimes Instagib as well, and I'm after Nali Weapons II as well... :D

Then again, hey guys if you have a spare moment just try soloing LongCorridor with an insta rifle, let the good times roll! :mrgreen:

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:21 pm

It's hard because mappers began mapping with UTJ type mods in mind. I mean who in their right mind would give 2 million health to a monster with standard weapons? I'm just saying that if you took any map and adjusted the monsters to normal health and damage, it instantly makes it much more playable for a non-regen server. Some maps are an exception to this because they have stupid amounts of monsters jammed into block rooms with no sense of play or tactics involved. Basically DM with monsters.

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:25 pm

Vanilla is over-rated, give me the ability to recover my health and ammo without needing to cross half the map any day.

Besides, ahh c'mon Scotty, the UTJ is good, I wouldn't want to go back to maps designed for a normal player :roll: :lol:
Gimme a charged up map for charged up players, and I'll enjoy the charged up match that follows without worrying about taking 1 hit and spending the next minute running backwards through the map to get health...

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:13 pm

If anyone here can claim "King of Kamikaze Play" here it would be me. I charge headfirst into a room and just plan on the respawn. Pretty much the direct opposite of your playstyle. You win with one life. I finish with one life.

I very much enjoy a little health and ammo regen. In fact offline I play a lot of instagibMH. Not having to search for ammo is quite nice, but I generally make the ssr set to about 100 damage versus the 1000. That way it's not a walkthrough. I was just making the observation that it would be nice to make a mod that sets monster health on a sliding scale depending on what the admin selects, with a max amount that cannot be exceeded. Mappers have generally planned on some sort of regen and that has made them lazy in adding the proper pickups. I know myself I am guilty of that. DeadCity2REMIX should have twice the pickups in it that it has.

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:20 am

ScottyD wrote:Pretty much the direct opposite of your playstyle. You win with one life. I finish with one life
I'm flattered :D
ScottyD wrote:In fact offline I play a lot of instagibMH.
Me too... :)
ScottyD wrote:but I generally make the ssr set to about 100 damage versus the 1000. That way it's not a walkthrough.
No, seriously guys try a serious map like LongCorridor 2006, it's not a walkthrough.
ScottyD wrote:Mappers have generally planned on some sort of regen and that has made them lazy in adding the proper pickups. I know myself I am guilty of that.
Who can blame them? That's good map design as far as I'm
concerned
ScottyD wrote:DeadCity2REMIX should have twice the pickups in it that it has.
I look forward to it :mrgreen: