beta testers

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
gopostal

beta testers

Post by gopostal » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:14 pm

Guys I need a couple of beta testers for a map. Anyone interested? The only qualifications are that you are totally honest with me and that you don't spoil the surprises if you find them.

Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: beta testers

Post by Hermskii » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:44 pm

Hmmmmmm? And no. Well, wait a sec. OK, maybe. I don't see why not. OK I'll do it. Hmmmm? Maybe I shouldn't. I don't think I should. No, I better not. So my final answer is NO. Unless...well, let me think about it some. I'll get back to you.
~Peace~

Hermskii

MEAT

Post by MEAT » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:23 pm

Hermskii wrote:Hmmmmmm? And no. Well, wait a sec. OK, maybe. I don't see why not. OK I'll do it. Hmmmm? Maybe I shouldn't. I don't think I should. No, I better not. So my final answer is NO. Unless...well, let me think about it some. I'll get back to you.
Huh...?
Well if Hermskii won't I won't.
I mean I will I will !!!
And I will be truthfully honest.

Gregwards
Location: here......or maybe over there.........no here is good

Post by Gregwards » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:26 pm

say when and what server and ill help anyway i can. also can you say what time zone you put the time in please so i can adjust it to uk time and give abit of notice.

Reiyel_3.0

Post by Reiyel_3.0 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:57 pm

Same here, I can help you too Scotty, just let me know.

8)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

Con una condición: que me dejes abierto el balcón de tus ojos de gata

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:13 am

I PM'ed you guys with the info. Let me know what you think. I'm going to server test this evening. If you wouldn't care email me your comments. I don't want to give anything away.

agutgopostal@hotmail.com

And THANK YOU guys! It's incredibly hard to test something you work on yourself for playability.

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:29 am

Can you send me to?

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:32 am

I've thought about it some more and I'm sure that I still don't know if I want to test it or not. I'll continue this inner debate with myself and let you know what answer I come up with. I'm also still dealing with which of the two great taste that taste great together taste better when it comes to Reses Peanut Butter Cups. And as always I'm also still trying to determine how to make a McDonald's Big Mac even better. My head! My head! Decisions decisions.
~Peace~

Hermskii

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:35 am

Sent Hellfire, and thank you.

C'mon Herm. Everyone knows the chocolate part is better. The real question is Mounds or Almond Joy?

BTW, I've versioned up to 8 now but I'll leave 7 as it has all the playablilty parts. The newer stuff is cosmetic.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:14 pm

Almond Joy of course! Sizzlean or Steak'em?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KERQgZJcE2M

Or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrMcV78SBwM

For me, the answer was BOTH!
~Peace~

Hermskii

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:00 pm

I've got an examination tomorrow, so I probably won't be able to be on the server tonight, if you like it you can send me a copy, so I can test it off-line. :)
Plain Old Telephone Service

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:13 pm

Tell you what guys, Its close enough to run a beta on the androm server. I'll add it later tonight and leave it on for tomorrow.

For the record it is NOT done, but its close.

OK it's on now:
DeadCity2REMIX[Beta1]

One problem I see is that the glass wont let you see a newly spawned enemy until you move around some. I've tried to fix this but I'm not having any luck.

PLEASE feel free to critique as you see fit. You will not hurt my feelings at all. We only improve when we realize we are doing something wrong or that there is a better way.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:53 pm

ScottyD wrote: PLEASE feel free to critique as you see fit. You will not hurt my feelings at all. We only improve when we realize we are doing something wrong or that there is a better way.
OK :twisted:

First bug - A big invisible object between the church and the street.

Second bug - The church has invisible walls / HOM effects.

Third bug - Something (another invisible object maybe?) inside the covered bridge kills you.

I like everything else (I don't wanna spoil the changes), but I wish the zombie limit was higher, since many of them die during the day when they're still outside. Oh and do not forget to fix the Slimy Zombies' door. :wink:

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:35 pm

Thank you POTS!

Yeah that whole church mesh is a mess. I may just dump it and place something else in there. I tried to fix it already by putting the outer wall up but I honestly think the mesh has too high a poly count.

As for the bridge thing, I'll probably just disable that mover. There's no reason to go up there as it just creates visual problems if you can see over the hillside.

I did actually fix the slime zombies door. It's ajar, meaning you'll probably have to "move" it with something.....

Also the doors to the spawn building are all monsterblocked so no more spawnkilling. Even the slimies won't come out of thier little room.

I'm curious, did you kill *all* the monsters? Oh, and I'll have a new version up tomorrow with the fixes and some added stuff.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:13 pm

ScottyD wrote:Thank you POTS!

I did actually fix the slime zombies door. It's ajar, meaning you'll probably have to "move" it with something.....
Yeah you were right, I've found it, but you should be mean and let them escape once the door is open. :twisted:
ScottyD wrote:Also the doors to the spawn building are all monsterblocked so no more spawnkilling. Even the slimies won't come out of thier little room.
I was testing it off-line with bots and... well... even bots are blocked! They can't get out of the main building. :( I think bots shouldn't be blocked. :?
ScottyD wrote:I'm curious, did you kill *all* the monsters?
Sure, even a few... hmm... cows 8)