Testing favor

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
gopostal

Testing favor

Post by gopostal » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:30 pm

Guys I added a test radar to Andromeda. It only sees monsters so no cheating on other gametypes :P

Give it a whirl and tell me where it needs to go from here. BTW, it's purposely not really good at seeing through major BSP cuts (walls) because it was just too easy to see everything too far ahead. Kinda took the fun out. The way it is now you get a peek a little ahead of time.

Also it can be controlled. This I am still working on though. In console:

mutate finderin
mutate finderout

This adjusts the "zoom" of the radar. Out means you can see farther away but the monsters become more bunched on the screen.

Thanks guys!

gopostal

Re: Testing favor

Post by gopostal » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:01 pm

Small bug I found: If you leave midgame you wont get the radar till next map. It's spawning the radar at the start of the map, not correctly each time a person joins. If you dont see it, mapvote and it will show up. I'll work on the spawning issue tonight.

OK, on further testing something in mapvote is messing it up. If you vote a map, most likely the radar won't spawn. If you let the mapvote choose a random map, then it comes on ok. I'm not sure what's up with that but I can assure you I will find out. Anyhow if you join and there is no radar, vote MH-ServerReset then just win and let mapvote select a map.

I'll get these issues settled shortly. I may have to design the whole HUD and not just an addition to it.