Known Bugs in UT

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
*POTS*

Known Bugs in UT

Post by *POTS* » Thu May 21, 2009 5:41 pm

gopostal wrote: Mover Exploit
There is a command that you can enter that will cause (some) movers close to you to cycle. This means you can open doors, move lifts, etc without actually using the trigger. Now it's not all of them, maybe 30% or less, but it's enough that I have fixed it with a mod.
Toxin Suit Flaw
When you have picked up the Toxin suit and then pick up the shield belt, you loose the toxin suit attributes. This applies also to the Asbestos Suit.

Skaarj Trooper Glitch
Sometimes Skaarj Troopers may become invincible if they lose (or are spawned without) their weapon.
Quick fix: throw them a weapon and you'll be able to kill them (thanks to Ice).
Plain Old Telephone Service

Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: Known Bugs in UT

Post by Hermskii » Thu May 21, 2009 8:30 pm

Nice!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Fuzz_Ball

Post by Fuzz_Ball » Fri May 22, 2009 1:03 am

Never seen a Skaarj Trooper lose his weapon but if I do, I'll toss him something so he can KILL ME!

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Sun May 24, 2009 7:01 am

I've seen loads of skaarj troopers without their weapons, nice to know a fix for the invincibility. :)

Throw him a weapon so he can kill you? Well throw him an Enforcer obviously... :roll:

Feralidragon

Post by Feralidragon » Sat May 30, 2009 9:51 am

*POTS* wrote:
gopostal wrote: Mover Exploit
There is a command that you can enter that will cause (some) movers close to you to cycle. This means you can open doors, move lifts, etc without actually using the trigger. Now it's not all of them, maybe 30% or less, but it's enough that I have fixed it with a mod.
It's not that "use" command support (Idk the exact command) so you can open doors like in Unreal2 for example? I think I already saw something like that in the playerpawn code...
*POTS* wrote: Toxin Suit Flaw
When you have picked up the Toxin suit and then pick up the shield belt, you loose the toxin suit attributes. This applies also to the Asbestos Suit.
We are talking about the UT99 shieldbelt, right? Not the unreal one, right? If so, it's not exactly a glitch. It's just that UT99 was supposed to be really a tournament with just some types of armor, and the toxin and other unreal armors weren't included in their consideration. So basically the UT99 shieldbelt completelly removes every armor remaining on the player, including the old unreal ones. So it's not exactly a flaw from them, it's just like stuff they didn't finish or didn't support at all since they didn't need to at the time.
*POTS* wrote: Skaarj Trooper Glitch
Sometimes Skaarj Troopers may become invincible if they lose (or are spawned without) their weapon.
Quick fix: throw them a weapon and you'll be able to kill them (thanks to Ice).
LOL, this one I didn't know.
"Skaarj: Man, I lost my weapon :cry: "
"Player: (thinking) Damn, I can't damage him at all..."
"Skaarj: :cry: "
"Player: Here, take this one to be fair :wink: "
"Skaarj: Oh, thanks man, how can I ....?"
-= HEADSHOT =-
"Player: Ah ah ah. Dumb ass :lol: "

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Sat May 30, 2009 12:18 pm

Don't be sad Skaarj, you'll respawn, again and again and again.....

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sat May 30, 2009 6:02 pm

Feralidragon wrote: Mover Exploit
It's not that "use" command support (Idk the exact command) so you can open doors like in Unreal2 for example? I think I already saw something like that in the playerpawn code...
It's the "grab" console command and I think it was used in Unreal1 to pick up a decoration or to activate a mover. I've never been playing Unreal1. :shock:
Feralidragon wrote: Toxin Suit Flaw
We are talking about the UT99 shieldbelt, right? Not the unreal one, right? If so, it's not exactly a glitch. It's just that UT99 was supposed to be really a tournament with just some types of armor, and the toxin and other unreal armors weren't included in their consideration. So basically the UT99 shieldbelt completelly removes every armor remaining on the player, including the old unreal ones. So it's not exactly a flaw from them, it's just like stuff they didn't finish or didn't support at all since they didn't need to at the time.
Yes it's the UT shieldbelt, thanks for your explanation. :)
Feralidragon wrote: Skaarj Trooper Glitch
LOL, this one I didn't know.
"Skaarj: Man, I lost my weapon :cry: "
"Player: (thinking) Damn, I can't damage him at all..."
"Skaarj: :cry: "
"Player: Here, take this one to be fair :wink: "
"Skaarj: Oh, thanks man, how can I ....?"
-= HEADSHOT =-
"Player: Ah ah ah. Dumb ass :lol: "
:lol: :lol: :lol:

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:08 pm

Pulse Gun Glitch
The pulse gun glitch is a genuine flaw in UT that allows you to use both the pulse gun plasma beam and any another weapon at the same time; i.e. you can double your fire-rate.
Just select the pulse gun, press your alternative fire button and hold it down; at the same time press your "feign death" button then stand up again. If made correctly, you should be able to see your pulse gun firing on its own, so you're free to select another weapon and use it in the meanwhile.

Of course this is not allowed on public servers since most anticheat tools can prevent it.
The Dane wrote:Teleporter Image Dropping
This is a bug in the engine that is causing players to still hang in the teleport if they crouch into it, if the teleport is placed up high above the ground the players image will drop to the floor while the player actualy is still inside the teleporter up above. When other players see the player on the ground their bullets will just pass right through the image without causing any damage to the player. You can still shoot the player if you know where the teleport is or if it's visible, but you wont see the player inside the teleport, but your shots will cause damage to the player if you hit him/her.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:15 pm

War_Master wrote: Disappearing/Invisible Monsters
That has nothing to do with the glass at all. Meshes completely disappear after 5 seconds if half their polys are not visible to the player and that only happens while you're a client online. There's nothing you can do about since it is built-in in the engine to increase performance. The good thing about it is that radar hackers can't see you if the mesh becomes invisible and theres no way to prevent it.

A good example on this is by playing the MH-MinasTirith map online where all the skaarjs up top are not visible even if they are moving around but not showing half their mesh poly count.
BoB wrote: The MH Gametype is Forcing the Red TeamColor
I had a quick look the other day, but the problem is with the monsterhunt gametype and not the DU mutator. The monsterhunt game type is an extenstion of the TeamGamePlus class, which as the name describes is a team game. I agree with everyone that it would be great to be able to use the other team colours, and i will take a better look at the problem when i have more time. I will update this post when i have more information.

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:53 am

Teleporter Image Dropping
This is a bug in the engine that is causing players to still hang in the teleport if they crouch into it, if the teleport is placed up high above the ground the players image will drop to the floor while the player actualy is still inside the teleporter up above. When other players see the player on the ground their bullets will just pass right through the image without causing any damage to the player. You can still shoot the player if you know where the teleport is or if it's visible, but you wont see the player inside the teleport, but your shots will cause damage to the player if you hit him/her.
I've known about this one for months 8)

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:29 am

You mean years!
I think that is a popular bug :)

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:53 pm

TheDane didn't get it quite right, this effected isn't only limited to teleporters.

If you use the Ghandinator's forcefield mode and somehow crouch on top of the forcefield before it times out, then you remain hovering but don't look like it.

I did this about a dozen times in various MHM Village houses as no-one noticed me doing it :roll:

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:55 pm

The “Bouncing” exploit
"Bouncing" AKA “Bunny Hopping” AKA “Frog-Jumping” is an exploit in UT's game engine, pretty difficult to pull off and gets you banned in most places; it is done by causing an elastic collision, where you can keep all the momentum you got from being boosted as long as you like, by jumping at the perfect time when your feet hit the ground from gaining extra momentum mid-air. Some guys use a special bind for it though.
If you can continually do it, it makes someone almost impossible to hit, especially with normal weapons.
Sad enough it seems to be allowed in BT games. :roll:

Note: "Boosting" is shooting another player with your own gun to make them move faster, usually done whilst they're in the air. Obviously everybody knows this different tactic.

Check out also this video:
Why Bouncing is Illegal

JumpPad Trees Glitch
If you manage to reach the top of a tree/palm and start jumping on it, you’ll be boosted up high in the air, regardless of gravity settings or jumpboots pickups. For some unknown reason it doesn’t seem to work on all trees though (thanks to HellFire for inspiring me).

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:58 pm

*POTS* wrote:JumpPad Trees Glitch
If you manage to reach the top of a tree/palm and start jumping on it, you’ll be boosted up high in the air, regardless of gravity settings or jumpboots pickups. For some unknown reason it doesn’t seem to work on all trees though (thanks to HellFire for inspiring me).

I was going to say, even I knew about this one...The trees in our very own MHM Village are boost trees :D

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:04 am

The point of this thread is to share your knowledge so hopefully someone in the future might either fix or be aware of these bugs. :wink: