UT Mods/Mutators

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
Nelsona
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Re: UT Mods/Mutators

Post by Nelsona » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:22 am

Whoah, this can be a huge works, means to spent a lot of hour redoing codes and meshes, skins. I checked some Unreal1 pawns "ported", indeed they are different done, very different, can break map immediately. I don't think this as being the best ideea. As I know, Kaal did some portations to UT99 in MeltTownVx (x = beta .... 6). If I remember well is about some genestPawn package.

---------
IN other order, I spent 1,1/2 hour to see another problem. I my mod I used a suggested HUD. I took it as it was since my skills in designing HUD are not brilliant. Once added a server tool for stability I saw 1/2 players in HUD, and I was alone. Which one is the second player ? Grr, a code original by Epic was changed in that HUD without to know too much the results. I put back what was done in original and suddenly situation was turned back to normal. Now I need to update the mod again because of an old wrong move done in HUD, yeak.

EvilGrins
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:41 pm

Yes and no.

Kaal ported 2 Doom skins over onto Krall monsters. They're stiff and not so great.

Doompawns.u contains the actual monsters, fully animated although they're animated Doom style.

Kinda like this:
viewtopic.php?p=34932#p34932

A couple posts above that is the file too, if you want to take a look at it.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:41 pm

Yea, I saw that, I don't know if that original package for Unreal1 is complete error free, but definitely need some tuning to port those ScriptedPawns in UT99, as I saw codes are different, especially ScriptedPawn from Unreal1. This was not a priority but I looked at it in a pause.

I checked if I could finish a general end trigger with some bad end for a Defensive MH type, I can do some adjustments to a few Assault maps to port them in MH, player must defend an objective attacked by monsters. Of course, monsters will attack player too grouped in 2 armies. One intended to Assault Human Base, other one intended to defend the defenders, a double trouble (not like that assumed DoubleTrouble). Ideas can be a lots, but the trigger is a problem. I don't want to do the same thing like in LostSouls (won't be compatible with different MH mods). Is needed an experienced coder to develop some small packages for MH, AS ready (means an end trigger, even a Camera to show the monster which succeded the Monsters Mission, maybe other small stuff). But I don't think is easy (for me isn't easy either). I think I'll take a look at some assault codes, maybe will give an ideea, or not.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:35 pm

If it helps at all, a notation by another:
http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3538#p33115

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:08 pm

EvilGrins wrote:Yes and no.

Kaal ported 2 Doom skins over onto Krall monsters. They're stiff and not so great.

Doompawns.u contains the actual monsters, fully animated although they're animated Doom style.

Kinda like this:
viewtopic.php?p=34932#p34932

A couple posts above that is the file too, if you want to take a look at it.
I've checked that link and if I recall right, I've already seen those monsters in a map named MH-AhellDay or something like that.
They were not "real" monsters, they looked more like "sprites" instead.
If you have no clue what a sprite is, read here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprite_%28 ... raphics%29

Who wants stuff like that in a 3D first person shooter nowadays, really. It looks like a lot of work to do, since polygon meshes are totally missing.
Plain Old Telephone Service

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:25 am

Wait a minute, don't worry. Be happy ?

War_Master started already to work at DoomPawnsUT, a package containing those Doom Pawns. Indeed as I told was some work at packages. Even will create a map containing some demonstration, as he told:

http://forums.ut-files.com/doompawnsut- ... t1700.html

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:50 am

1) Yeah, I know what sprites are.

2) Ideally, not the greatest thing but it might be cool for just on occasion.

3) AHellDay only partially uses it. All the sprites, pasted over actual monsters, are constantly facing you no matter what angle you are from them. Doompawns.u has them from all sides. Also, it contains their actual attacks which that map doesn't use.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:52 am

Nelsona wrote:Wait a minute, don't worry. Be happy ?

War_Master started already to work at DoomPawnsUT, a package containing those Doom Pawns. Indeed as I told was some work at packages. Even will create a map containing some demonstration, as he told:

http://forums.ut-files.com/doompawnsut- ... t1700.html
Yeah, I've been chatting with War_Master about this over at BeyondUnreal.com...

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Tue May 29, 2012 5:22 pm

Return at almost latest posts related to fancy bugs (they refresh servers making them to restart)

I'm close enough to get rid of almost all bad stuff causing this error. Maybe exist other solution but I don't have skills for the moment to deal with these things.

A thing is certainly sure about our problem even looking here I think I understood enough well what is about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8yGQfSS ... ature=plcp

Anyway some guy found a way even to record something without to crash, eh. I'll see what kind of cure I can slap.

I don't expect more people to understand this record but for interested people is good to put some light related to this subject.

Next chapter.
Assuming unarmed Skaarj are supposed to be without ammo and for this reason they cannot use weapons. Wrong ! If I won't find a demo related to this subject I'll try to record one and to post here if is permitted. I just noticed a real ammo factory incorporated in Skaarj in my first check (I need to record that).

Dragon

Post by Dragon » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:02 am

I had to reinstall the server and reinstall my game I put the bonuspacks 1,3,4 in.
Now the question is do I need to send the bonuspack files to the server side too and remember I am still new to this stuff thanks have a great day
:?:
NEW==> http://www.thereddragonsite.com

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:01 pm

Personally, I did compress and install all of the bonus packs #1, 3 and 4 to every one of my server's redirects. Why? Some noob players didn't install the Bonus Packs at all because they didn't know to do that in the first place.

I wanted it to be as easy as possible for any and everyone who chooses to connect to my servers. My goal was to make sure all anybody ever needed to connect to any of my servers was only the following: The game itself and the 436 patch.

I compress and put everything else up on the redirect server for people to download from if they are missing anything. That I know of, I am the only person who actually does this and thus I'm one of a very few server administrators that have servers that almost anyone can connect to and play at on their very first try!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:34 pm

If your server has now maps requiring other files than defaults, they won't run, will simply load a common map using UT stuff. If they run, player joined without files will download them automatically. As long as I didn't fooled to much with Linux I have a different deal with unknown stuff. Let me post my strategy in dealing with such things.

First I want to create a server in my PC on Windows using a normal version of UT. Configuring this version as a server I'll check maps with a Windows application like MapManager to see if a map is requiring a file which is missing from this assumed server. If I've installed all required files and server runs well, I have to copy all files to Linux or whatever Unix platform in their places, U in system - warning here, do not overwrite originals, UTX in Textures (overwrite crappy place-holders and NEVER ADD there S3TC textures), UAX in sounds (destroy place-holders if exists) and so on with all files required by maps. Once finished uploading of files you have to see what kind of start-server is delivered by your service, here I cannot tell more because I never edited such files. Before starting server check INI files from local Win server VS your public Linux (Unix) server, (ServerPackages, Mapvoting, maybe ActorCLP). If you have cloned settings, try to run the server to check if is OK or not. If something bad is happening, look at log. Might help if you post some error messages to show us what is about.

Dude, I cannot say that is easy to make a dedicated-server to start. I have downloaded dedicated servers (different versions for Windows). I don't remember well which version never started properly or either without attacking INIs and/or run-line, others were real craps (I just repatched-updated them to start - even called some CityIntro unexistent map in maps folder - but I don't know what was supposed to be that "dedicated server" with missing files called in INI-s - HECK ! ). For WinXP tests I modified even StartServer.bat file (That's why I described the start which might be a mess by default - I simply don't know what kind of services are offered on Linux - and I won't rent such a server - I preffer all in my hand like Mr. Hermskii).

I appologise but this is OUT of MODS-MUTATORS thread. Maybe I need to open a thread something related to starting a server (I need to check again an assumed dedicated server to refresh my memories about integrated craps and needs). Anyway others with Linux experience might post their experience as well.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:42 pm

Yeah, I forgot something.

Testing a fresh configured server can be performed with a normal clean client (even NON-GOTY). Client must play or else is a problem with certain file(s). NON-GOTY clients will download files sent by server or VIA redirect.

Dragon

Post by Dragon » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:31 pm

Freeze tag is nothing ne it's been around for awhile.
I played that when i was playing quake.
Mostl anoyed me :lol:
NEW==> http://www.thereddragonsite.com