UT Mods/Mutators

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
Nelsona
What is the middle number? (one, TWO, three): 2
ExtraAntiSpam: Blue
extraextraantispam: Yes

Re: UT Mods/Mutators

Post by Nelsona » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:13 pm

Continue________

Now I'm not so interested with high priority in a mutator but I think I'll try to recode something in my free time.

Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by Hermskii » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:39 pm

Just for starters, can you fix the RazorJack so it works and does not cause all of the errors? Can you do that and not mess up anything else in the game? Can it be done if someone is already running UTJMH too? I'm listening!
~Peace~

Hermskii

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:25 am

I cannot say very exactly if something bad can happen if a pickup is missing, but I saw once (I messed a code) a Pawn tried to find a path, that path involved that pickup and client crashed with an error like: A Pawn TestPath, a pawn FindPathToward .... critical, etc. Pickups usually are part of NavigationPoints like pathnodes.

Another thing is clear indeed, breaking some navigation paths for Bots, Monsters, etc. can result in crash. Yea, at this chapter all readers of this topic assuming all kind of bad ideeas, any A.I. controlled with walk capabilities and normal size can use paths from maps: Bot, Krall, Mercenary, Slith, Skaarj, etc.

Returning to subject, if we have a map with some paths and those paths involving a RazorJack or other thing missing, do not blame the mapper for what is doing in fact MonsterBase.

For a server using already UTJMH ? Well Is possible a sneak attack of MonsterBase in PreBeginPlay, there are 2 options: A redo of UTJMH in other form, or to load another mutator, even Server-Actor keeping in mind to not repeat what is already doing UTJMH, we need faster codes we don't want doubled codes.

For this actor I notice 3 - 4 needs:
1) The return of Razor and default SkaarjOfficer;
2) Stop Monster Vs Monster Fight with improved code and Increase their TeamWork against humanity;
3) Stopping GRAB for all movers;
4) A replacement for Green Cubed Quadshot (Epic's bad joke).

Other tweaks can be optional:
- decaled projectiles;
- better visibility or Slith projectiles and Warlord rocket (also we need some smoke trails);
- any good ideea.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:27 am

Ufff, I never imagined that is possible to bring RazorJack back in default MH using a small mutator, including stop monsters to fight each others and to improve team behavior between them, a small tweak for carcasses to avoid collision bug, a better fix for Skaarj, etc.

And Skaarj's Tweaks are possible because MonsterBase is killed in less than 50 ms before to ruin weaponry. I couldn't stop to log this brilliant event :D.

Yea, in my noob coder ideea I just see a common MH with UTJMH29 improved a lot.

Here, I need some help with requirements for this mutator:
- Sugest me please a name for this UTJMH adjuster or extension;
- Will be better to add some Sounds for hit damage ? Also can be used qfeedback like until now;
- Is needed to fix throwed weapons from monsters or is not really important ?;
- Monster party involving invulnerability, imunity, infinite looping teleport ?;
- Other Mover fixes ? Anti-freak mover (kill player with 1000000 damage) to avoid turning back movers and wasting time at lifts;
- Factories and spam adjusters based on bad values used ?;
- etc.

I want a list with really needed requirements which not exist in UTJMH by default.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:33 pm

Actor test can see me error crashes my server all of the time. GOPO thought he fixed it and may have but the fix doesn't work in my version of the mod he made for me. If I send you my version of my mod can you pick through it and add in these fixes?
~Peace~

Hermskii

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:39 pm

1) Old POST Results.

Grr, is a bit nasty to fight with MonsterBase. In a simple launched server my little freak UTJMH_ADJUST is removing this base and can do his job very well. THings are very ugly in main server. The mod is acting too slow in main server, there are more a few server-tools and mapvote, here is a problem, I mean I cannot make the mod to be faster than first tick of MonsterBase. I think I give up because won't work as should, I really need to find other solution for our UTJMH ....

2) CanSeeMee crashes created troubles more than one time in my server too. Here we can talk about a few classes calling this check:

Code: Select all

Bird1.uc
BiterFish.uc
BiterFishSchool.uc
Carcass.uc
CreatureCarcass.uc
Decoration.uc
Fragment.uc
Inventory.uc
Spawnpoint.uc
UTCreatureChunks.uc
UTHumanCarcass.uc
2) These actors can be problem if they are in maps, and of course they cannot miss in the most cases. Actually I decided to remove some useless classes, replacements not worked as I wanted. They are sometimes strange actors, I tried a replacement for Bird1 and not worked either. Server is working well but some things cannot be fixed so easy. Even in other places admins decided to destroy BiterFishSchool and other craps. Yea, this a result of using SinglePlayer Stuff in Tournament games. We can check what such stuff can be throwed increasing server performance and decreasing crash risks.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:45 pm

Continue___________

I can check to see what is about, this means what replacements were done. But also I can check if replacements works or not.

As I told tried some replacements, code was compiled with 0 errors but not worked either.

Maybe the technology used in your mod can inspire me to find other solution.

The funny thing for these troubles is that always works removal code, more exactly Destroy() function worked like in magic except for some bStatic values and bNoDelete.

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:55 pm

There is code in MH2 to destroy the pieces in time and stop the crash I think.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:15 am

Yea, codes changed involving other class.

In MH2 BiterFishSchool is replaced by MH2BiterFishSchool. Gopo sugested me this example. What I did ? I did the same thing with Bird1 but I wanted to check if works or not. My Bird was more slower too see difference from original and the clone.

Well, maybe I have actors with high relevancy or I don't know for what reason replacement not worked. I even checked this at console. This is really ugly. Those Birds when die they executing a check if somebody can see them, this happened when I was almost to contact server. I think is about player in waiting state or not so present, also I think a lagged player can cause troubles like that since engine cannot compute his visibility to our "murdered actor". The funny or less funny thing for this party, even Spawnpoint is checking this if is wrong set a ThingFactory. I modified any ThingFactory value bCovert to avoid this cansee check. Replacement for Spawnpoint not worked in all maps, yea, worked in a few maps not all.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:30 am

Continue___

Until to find a solution to these replacements in version used I can configure some of those classes to be or not destroyed right in first second. Any default timer for this check is too slow to create trobles. Things were stabilized well somehow, now I want to see if I can do something with Carcasses and other craps. Is really anoying to see maps with such objects harmfull for servers being triggered to open certain doors, is just a sick mapping with 0 coding knowledge.

As mappers, if we want to do some decorations in maps, anyone can replace defaults in MyLevel using right codes. But young Jedi mappers usually just throw stuff in maps without to know what they doing like in 2000 noob times. That's it. When I posted something in a forum to not use that because won't works, immediatelly I saw a map with that stuff to check me if I'm not telling bullshits. Well, I had right. They are on drugs or they are a bit crazy, I'm confused about this attitude, I intend to believe that about they really want to see servers crashing. Some 12 years passed since UT was released, but they don't learn anything. THIS triggered me to dig in a Crap MAP and to fix it - at this chapter I don't ask anybody something because I don't have the right guy for a discution as long as I saw what he did.
So, as admins we need to check (is not enough time for such checks) what map can cause trobles and even to give up using it especially if cause 3-4 crashes which is proving what kind of quality was done for UT.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:15 am

First known Bird1:

function Timer()
	{
		if ( !PlayerCanSeeMe() )
			Destroy();
	}
Next section BiterFish

function PickDestination()
	{
		if ( (School.IsInState('Stasis')) && !PlayerCanSeeMe() )
		{
			School.Remove(self);
			return;
		}
Other example School

aFish = biterfish(aPawn);
		if ( (aFish != None) && (aFish.School == self) && !aFish.PlayerCanSeeMe() )
			Remove(aFish);
		aPawn = aPawn.NextPawn;

Even carcasses:

function Timer()
	{
		local bool bSeen;
		local Pawn aPawn;
		local float dist;

if ( Region.Zone.NumCarcasses <= Region.Zone.MaxCarcasses )
		{
			if ( !PlayerCanSeeMe() )
				Destroy();
			else
				SetTimer(2.0, false);	
		}
		else
			Destroy();
	}
And so on, this story is just continuing.

I have only a single problem, not redefinition of the bad class, that is not hard. My problem is if The Raplecement works. Last time not worked.
The code can be fixed using simple removal or to do a check if exist a TournamentPlayer arround and then to check if the player can see this. The last option as I told is not so great, can have lags in Internet, data can be altered. Will be better to remove the check completely.

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Continuing work, finally I found a solution, I mean other solution, a replacement to be done different for special cases, Bird1 can't be replaced by default. The nasty Creature has a collision, the new spawned class cannot be in the same location because the place is taken by Old creature. In this case we need other ReplaceWithOther custom function to do the "dirty" job in our new case. Good, at least until this moment.

Now I want to see the technology to replace all those classes with troubles and to transmit this root properties to subclasses used in map. If this crap can be done, we can say Bye to CanSeeMe crashes forever, uummm. Nice dream but I'm still working ...

If this can be done or is done, I need strong tests because Umake compilled something, but asked me strange things. I used Replacements even for Classes belongs to "Lord Engine"...

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:10 pm

I don't know how much patient I can have for these goodies:

Critical: AActor::TestCanSeeMe
Critical: AActor::PlayerCanSeeMe
Critical: UObject::ProcessEvent
Critical: (Bird1 MH-BirdBrainedResearch.Bird81, Function UnrealShare.Bird1.Dying.Timer)

Critical: (MaleThreeCarcass MH-MONSTERS-IN-THE-ANCIENT{fix}.MaleThreeCarcass0, Function Engine.Decoration.ZoneChange)

Critical: appError called:
Critical: ScriptedMale MH-LiandriConflictV2.ScriptedMale21 (Function Engine.Pawn.TakeDamage:01C4) Runaway loop detected (over 10000000 iterations)

Critical: (GlassFragments MH-Annihilation-V240.GlassFragments2, Function Engine.Fragment.Dying.Timer)
Engine & Co., boosted by mapping style, what can I say, maybe a closed server won't return any error and things are going to works fine.

Or maybe exists an update of Engine ?

Nelsona

Post by Nelsona » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:24 am

Bump or not ?

After some updates I concluded a few things. No need so much headaches. Why ? Because once I Had nothing better to do than to update server to version 451b, whooohooo. Something a bit newer, right ? Of course I have nothing against a new thing but that new thing can be harmfull sometimes. In 451 versions Editor not works as should, this is very confirmed (one of craps, you cannot scroll areas in maps). So I started to be suspicious about this unofficial release with "keep UT alive" and other songs.

I switched back to 440 and Crashes Based on CanSeeMe check seems to be decreased or stopped ? I'm saying this because I didn't see any crash for a few days. Is unforgivable my stupid decision to use 451, more exactly to change a thing which worked fine with other assumed improved. This time was my fault.

Finally, crashing head to do an UT MH mutator can be useless, we must check which version of UT is better using the same mod. For other protections we are free to search for some aditional tools. I think I'm relaxed now.

EvilGrins

Post by EvilGrins » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:50 pm

Nelsona, if i sent you a monster package specifically made for Unreal1, could you make it so it worked in ut99?