Hmm...?

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
-HellFire-
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Hmm...?

Post by -HellFire- » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:32 am

I'm going to try making a MH map with Alucards help (Thanks alucard).
I'm trying to make it look serious and good.
This is the spawnroom (all I have so far):

The story:
The teleport in the spawnroom brings you to an outside area with a Village. The village (owned by the Nali's) will get attacked by skaarjs, gasbags etc. You'll have to kill them and move on untill you reach the Titan Temple. The titan is the ''boss'' of the monsters and has to be defeated. When you've done that there will be a Portal to the end.

I never can do this without Alucard so I really appericiate he helps me.

If the map looks nice then I'll call it MH-{MHM}-TitanVillage (if Herm doesn't mind).

Scify

Re: Hmm...?

Post by Scify » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:31 pm

Hellfire any map you create be great. I can wait see more .
8) 8) 8)
I'm Glad Alucards help you out.
" If I had a brain, I'd be dangerous!"

Fuzz_Ball

Post by Fuzz_Ball » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:34 pm

Cool. Good luck.

Don't kill the Wabbits!

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:34 pm

I maybe add this room as a secret in the other map because I'd pretty much like it :)
Maybe Supreme also does with his Nali-fetish 8)

This is actually everything I can do.
Only some small other things but that's it.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:46 pm

Skin-coded Nalis I love them! :shock:
Plain Old Telephone Service

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:47 pm

*POTS* wrote:Skin-coded Nalis I love them! :shock:
And big rabbits down there :P

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:55 pm

Rabbits are a trap made to attract Ice. :(
Ice don't let him fool you! :o
Plain Old Telephone Service

Scify

Post by Scify » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:27 pm

looking good 8) 8) 8) 8)
I agree pots about skins

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:38 am

Just leave a Rabbit inside the rocket launcher room on DM-Pressure. :twisted:

If we're talking about maps, and the Off-Topic-Cow is here, then I see no reason not to mention mine, entirely for fun as I don't know squat about the Editor 8)

Essentially a huge mountain ascent, with as many different terrains and enemies as possible, why not, it's a fantasy!

1: Aircraft drop (how original) in a rock-strewn meadow, quickly attacked by Predators, it might be a good idea to get up on one of the rocks, and yes you can dodge up the side of them as well if you need a quick escape.
2: Leave the meadow to go into a forest, attacked by Flies.
3: Find a swamp in the forest, full of Devilfish, Squid, Slith, and even some of those hateful little BiterFishes.
4: The underwater part of the swamps leads to another forest with a Krall outpost up against the cliffs, once taken over this serves as the 2nd respawn point.
5: Taking a path on the other side of the conquered outpost up into the foothills, uphill and uneven, with annoying Mantas.
6: Reach a rocky plateau, fight off Gasbags until you find the entrance to a cave.
7: The caves go on for some time, containing Tentacles and Spinners.
8: Deep in the caves you find a hole in the floor, the entrance to a temple, guarded by two Stone Titans, when these are defeated the gates open and the cave area above becomes a 3rd respawn area.
Past the gates, the temple is a main hall with 3 doors to the east, 3 to the west, and one at the far end, it also has a large pyramid in the center, pools, and Skaarj Scouts.
Each side door leads to a large shrine area, the 6 side chambers being Earth, Air, Fire, Water, Light, and Darkness respectively, each guarded by Skaarj Warriors, with a Skaarj Berserker, skincoded to fit his shrine, appearing at the end of each one.
When all 6 Skaarj Berserkers are dead, the central pyramid opens, revealing a 7th shrine, for Life, and the Skaarj Assassins who guard it.
With these defeated, the door at the end opens into an arena of sorts, with a big Skaarj Lord boss
who protects the portals out of the temple.
10: The portals take you a long way up the mountain, into a snowy wasteland patrolled by Mercenaries and dominated by a mighty castle nestled in the cliffs, with clearly visible cable cars connecting it to a large tower in the middle of the snow field.
11: This tower has a medium-sized base, with a long "stalk", which is just a set of elevators leading the main station at the top, the bottom area is essentially a square guarded by Lesser Brutes. This leads up to the main area, the top of the structure, shaped like a + with a button at the end of each of the four arms, protected by Brutes. With all buttons pressed, the room at the top where all the cable cars lead opens, revealing a large Behemoth boss who proceeds to rain death from above.
12: The cable cars lead to one of the castle's watchtowers, once the Skaarj Snipers have been cleared out it becomes the 4th respawn point. The castle is a semi-circle in the cliffs, with Snipers in the towers and on the battlements, Troopers and Infantry wandering around, and when the doors of the keep are opened, the Gunners and Officers within.
In the middle of the keep there's a Warlord boss, typically.
13: The keep contains a portal, which when activated leads to a strange Mothership-style network of tunnels deep underground, containing black-armored Officers (Royal Guards). On your way you also find a large window with portals behind it, pity there's no way in...

14: The stereotypical huge Queen boss is at the end, Fortunately there's a 5th and final respawn point in the room next to the bossfight.
The boss fight area consists of many floating platforms suspended over the void, each with Jumpboots on, and your going to need them get from one platform to another.
15: The Queen's projectiles, modified only in damage, and the annoying little Pupae which drop from the ceiling will probably give you enough to worry about without the chance of plunging into the void from a badly aimed antigrav leap.
16: When the queen finally dies, there's a nice big earthquake and you hear the noise of breaking glass you return the way you came, finding that window has broke, a simple jump takes you through to the portals. You find yourselves in a tropical paradise with nice music on for some reason and you can celebrate for the 20-30 seconds it takes to for your HQ to pick up your signal and teleport you out.
17: A large and very teleporty looking beam comes out of the sky and stays in the middle of the area bringing with it the MonsterEnd. Hopefully everyone will have gathered around by then.
18: It's map voting time!

I may not be able to make it, but my imagination seems to work fine.
Sorry for the brief interruption from your map Hellfy. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by BIOMECH on Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:32 am

You think I readed that? No.. :)

Anyways, I first will finish NaliCaves and then see if I'm going to finish this one.

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:04 am

It's me showing off, don't take it too seriously 8)

Ice

Post by Ice » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:36 pm

:D hurray! Rabbits! I approve of your map Hellfy.
Looks nice and fun :)
Also I would like to play your map Bio if it was ever made :o
sounds fun. If it ever does get made you should call it Monster Hunt Moo :mrgreen:

BIOMECH

Post by BIOMECH » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:09 pm

I think I'd stick with MH-Ascent for the purposes of it being noticed on the maplist...

Hmm, I should probably look at some editor tutorials but I can't be bothered...Which is kinda weird considering I have a map I want to make.
They say you should start with something simple and work your way, where as the map I have my eyes on is something of a masterpiece, and probably a VERY bad idea for a first map...
Hmm, interestingly none of the tutorials seem to mention "how to build a block", I'd have kinda expected that to come near the beginning... :roll:

Nice map Hellfy, at least it exists :mrgreen:

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:32 pm

BIOMECH wrote: Nice map Hellfy, at least it exists :mrgreen:
Uhm.. actually not anymore :lol:
I deleted this one and almost finished MH-NaliCaves.

Like you said, I also had a masterpiece in mind but I thought it was better to start with a more ''noob'' map.

Scify

Post by Scify » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:58 pm

You can't map in few weeks but should have keep.Made better.I know you can make great map Hellfire. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)