Problemos with reinstallalation of UT

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
matrix
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Problemos with reinstallalation of UT

Post by matrix » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:51 am

After I saw the list of active and inactive {MHM} tag wearers posted elsewhere on the forum, I decided to reinstall UT. I cannot remember the graphic setup I had going before I reinstalled Vista.
A buddy of mine told me about something called a Glide Wrapper, some sort of emulator for windows for glide games. I don't know much about it, but I installed a glide wrapper and had similar graphic performance, but they still weren't up to par. I noticed fog and smoke, etc. in the launch cinematic that I had not seen before, so if this glide wrapper has potential to work and work well, a link to a radeon glide wrapper would be appreciated.

Also what are the recommendations for game preference setup on a Vista OS that will give me 60+ fps and solve the infamous hiccup?

On another note, I play a lot of xbox games so I'm used to being able to speak to other players in game, and having to type every word I say drives me crazy while playing UT. Has anyone ever thought of setting up a teamspeak server for MHM? Just an idea, of course you would have to log with a username and password. If this idea was put into motion, I suggest we don't post the server password on the forum, maybe have players request it via PM from Hermskii or administrators. Just food for thought.

And as soon as I get my UT hiccup fixed, I'll be back online to REUNITE with my fellow MHMers.

[EDIT]
I fiddled around with the rendering options and fixed it; now looking at 300+ fps with no hiccup. But with the addition of Vista comes this awful distortion of sound in UT. On my system, about 85% of the times I launch UT, all sound, music, and effects are distorted, better described as "choppy."
Does anybody have this problem with Vista? I've had it before and found a solution but can't remember what it was. Do you remember what we did to fix it on your Vista partition Herm?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

*POTS*

Re: Problemos with reinstallalation of UT

Post by *POTS* » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:35 pm

matrix wrote:After I saw the list of active and inactive {MHM} tag wearers posted elsewhere on the forum, I decided to reinstall UT.
My thread has started working hehe. :twisted:
matrix wrote: On another note, I play a lot of xbox games so I'm used to being able to speak to other players in game, and having to type every word I say drives me crazy while playing UT. Has anyone ever thought of setting up a teamspeak server for MHM? Just an idea, of course you would have to log with a username and password. If this idea was put into motion, I suggest we don't post the server password on the forum, maybe have players request it via PM from Hermskii or administrators. Just food for thought.
This sounds so UMHish. :roll:
I mean gopostal has set up a TeamSpeak server for his Ultimate Monster Hunt server. Do we really need it? You should know Hermskii doesn't like changes, even if I'm sure he's working on a few updates for his server.
matrix wrote: And as soon as I get my UT hiccup fixed, I'll be back online to REUNITE with my fellow MHMers.
The more we are, the better. :mrgreen:
matrix wrote: [EDIT]
I fiddled around with the rendering options and fixed it; now looking at 300+ fps with no hiccup. But with the addition of Vista comes this awful distortion of sound in UT. On my system, about 85% of the times I launch UT, all sound, music, and effects are distorted, better described as "choppy."
Does anybody have this problem with Vista? I've had it before and found a solution but can't remember what it was. Do you remember what we did to fix it on your Vista partition Herm?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Read here, hope it may help you:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1697
Plain Old Telephone Service

matrix

Post by matrix » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:32 pm

You are the man pots.

"- Go to your UnrealTournament\System folder;
- search for a file named UnrealTournament.INI;
- first of all make a back-up copy of the file;
- now open it with Notepad or a simple text editor;
- under the [Galaxy.GalaxyAudioSubsystem] section change the following entry:
- UseDirectSound=True
- to UseDirectSound=False
- save and exit"

...did the trick. You can't imagine how much your link helped. I used to have to open and reopen UT 10+ times to get the sound to work correctly.

And the teamspeak was just a thought.

Thanks pots.

matrix

Post by matrix » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:33 pm

And gopostal set up his own server and forum? When did that happen?

Hermskii
Site Admin

Post by Hermskii » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:08 pm

You are a poor, sick child Matrix. Hell no will I ever do teamspeak. Evereybody acts like they want it and nobody will ever use it "regularly".

I know this from coming up on 10 years of experience. I'm glad that laptop you have still gets it done and now with good sound. More later on this. Too many peeps trying to talk on MSN right now.
~Peace~

Hermskii

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:55 am

matrix wrote:You are the man pots.

You can't imagine how much your link helped. I used to have to open and reopen UT 10+ times to get the sound to work correctly.

And the teamspeak was just a thought.

Thanks pots.
Yeah you're welcome, I've added that link in my FAQ thread, since it's a pretty common issue. I'm glad to see I can be of help at times. :D
matrix wrote:And gopostal set up his own server and forum? When did that happen?
It's a long story, read here for more infos:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1654

matrix

Post by matrix » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:16 am

Ah I see, I see.

Alright pots, since you're the man with answers, maybe you'll know what my problem is now.
After running UT for a few minutes my player's movement goes into slowmo, as in the game speed has slowed down, I run slower, jump slower and remain in the air longer, lifts lift slower, etc. My screen does not flash before it happens, there is no pause, or hiccup, it's as if someone typed /slowmo into the command bar.

I'm thinking it has something to do with the way my laptop powers the processor to conserve energy. It's as if after a few minutes of graphics rendering, my processor slips into power save mode and cuts usage by 50% causing UT to bug out, though I have all power options set to maximum performance while plugged in to AC.

Any ideas? Threads to turn me to?
Thanks.

*POTS*

Post by *POTS* » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:12 pm

I'm not sure and I've never heard of this issue before, but maybe the following thread might help you:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1331&p=15482

matrix

Post by matrix » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:05 pm

Thanks for the link, I'll definitely check it out when I have more time.