Server mod (download included)

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
gopostal

Server mod (download included)

Post by gopostal » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:02 pm

Guys as part of my moving away from UT, I'd like to release a couple of the things I have worked on for so long so others may benefit from them or use them for their own projects.

This is a culmination of the work so many have done on a fully featured server controller. This MHMayhem controller is fine to use as-is, and also can be configured to work with whatever parts you want active, while the rest is dormant. Take your time with the readme and you will see great many options that you have to make your server unique to what you want it to be.

Also included is the entire source code for the mod, all pcx files I used to import, as well as all models and sounds. This will make it VERY easy for someone to customize it with any sounds, pickups, weapons, etc they might want included. There is even an extra folder with a reclassed redeemer that is done correctly and has some updated HUD elements, as well as customized decals for the explosion scorchmark. Also all the code has been heavily commented to make learning the mod as painless as possible, and to allow further modding to be quick and easy. Finally there is also a monsterhunt.u included that will allow compiling of monsterhunt files (have you gotten the rock tentacle error?) as well as the complete source code and textures for monsterhunt (no missing classes here).

Now to clarify this is NOT the mod that Herm may use. His version, though based on this, is being customized to fit his tastes. This release is to allow groups to use what they would like to improve their products, or for them to use as a full service controller as it sits. Lots of work went into this by a number of people and I take very little credit other than putting it all together and making it work.

If you plan on using this mod for your projects, you have full permission to use my stuff in any way, shape, or form with no credits. It might be nice if you drop me a line to tell me how you improved something, but its up to you. I'm around at agutgopostal@hotmail.com if you have any questions, but I'm not gonna be customer service on this. I'll answer stuff but its up to you to set up your servers. Customizing this is not really a project for new coders, but if you have a basic understanding of coding and compiling this would make a good start for you to learn from. Good luck guys!

MHMayhemPublicRelease.zip

BIOMECH
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Re: Server mod (download included)

Post by BIOMECH » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:33 am

I hope we get the score system... :)