UnrealEd 2.0 Issues

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
gopostal

Re: UnrealEd 2.0 Issues

Post by gopostal » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:52 pm

Right click the mover button. That will bring up a sub-menu of mover types.

You'd know this if

YOU'D LQQK AT THE TUTORIALS.

Prowner

Post by Prowner » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:56 pm

gopostal wrote:Right click the mover button. That will bring up a sub-menu of mover types.

You'd know this if

YOU'D LQQK AT THE TUTORIALS.
:lol:
Like I told you before, I've already checked all the BB Drac tutorials. I know how to make my mover and go to it's properties and everything. I guess I'll just check again to see what each mod does to it... :lol:
I will either save you or kill you, convince me otherwise.

Prowner

Post by Prowner » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:09 pm

Yeah... I'm still confused about that... I'll figure it out later.
Right now, I'm just going through his "How to make a simple DeathMatch Map" tutorial, but the problem is the bots aren't there. I checked all the settings and everything, but their not there anymore... Know how to get them back? :( :?

Prowner

Post by Prowner » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:23 pm

I'll figure that out later too then, eh?
Well can you atleast tell me how to modify a weapon? These are the things I want to change it:
A) Looks different when you see and when your holding it on the FP view
B) It's named different so if you pick up a regular sniper rifle, it won't over right the modfied one
C) It shoots faster
D) Shoots different bullets
That would help me for the new type of monsterhunt I thought of! It hopefully will be appealing, and I'll ask Hermskii to put it on the server and see what everyone thinks of it.

-HellFire-
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by -HellFire- » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:28 pm

gopostal wrote: YOU'D LQQK AT THE TUTORIALS.
I agree on this.. READ & try everything.
This thread will have more pages then the screenshot thread.

-HellFire-

Post by -HellFire- » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:31 pm

And if you want some help you can send me the map and tell me the problem.
I'm no pro also but I think I can help you with some things.

Blood Asp

Post by Blood Asp » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:13 pm

Hmmmm HellFire i remember once when u were a total nubifier at this :p and when i tried to teach u all i got was: What i confused and "I cant be asked to read tutorials" and other crap like that

So yeah ;)

Prowner

Post by Prowner » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:57 am

Okay okay I've been stretching requirements... but, I downloaded the "Dead City 2 +", deleted everything except the beginning start point and the zombie spawner so I can still use them and I'm building my dead city right next to it. By looking and examining things, I've been getting it to work! I got the zombie spawner working perfectly, they die in daylight, the don't die in buildings and they run to safety. My only problem I can't get working right... are the light triggers. I try to make them trigger on when it turns daylight, but it won't turn on. I even copy and pasted the trigger lights and still nothing... but then again I saw 2 trigger lights. One was change time 20 and others were 5, and I copied the 20 one, changed it to 5 but I'm assuming that it does something differently because I haven't copy and pasted the other lights, so tomorrow I'll try it. If it doesn't work a little info on getting it to work would be nice. Thanks!

Prowner

Post by Prowner » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 am

Actually I think I just found the issue!
I forgot to change the tag of the trigger lights to the tag of the other light, so hopefully now it will work! If not I'll edit this post.

Prowner

Post by Prowner » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:01 am

Way further ahead, I'm getting really good at this, but I'm having a simple dispatcher issue. If anyone knows anything about "UnrealEd 2.0," please look at this.
MH-HighwayChase.zip
The problem is, there are multiple waves with monsters, and the first 3 worked fine. Now I try to add a 4th and all the sudden the 2nd wave starts spawning monsters from the 4th wave, and for the 4th wave it spawns one group of enemies, and the other one used it's spawning on the 2nd wave. Also, I would love to know how to make it where 1 counter can just count 2 creature factories so both creature factories have to be finished before the next event.
Thanks for looking! :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ZippityDooDa

Noob question guys

Post by ZippityDooDa » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:40 am

Hey guys im in the middle of a clan map and I want to add photos of the clan members and my family into the map, is it better to resize these images to get the desired size? or isthere a better way? and 2nd is there a way to write text underneath these picstures like there clan names? or do i need to do that in photoshop and import ? thanks guys.
11100000.11111111.11111111.00000000 /24

Prowner

Post by Prowner » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:27 pm

What I would do, is modify the image on any modifying image shop you use (for me it's macromedia flash, but nobody uses that unless they're making a game or a flash movie :wink: ) and then import it to Unrealed, maybe make a new texture file with the picture on it and then select is as a texture and use it as a plain old texture on a surface. :wink:

Hook
Location: Minnesota USA (Just West of MPLS - by a pond beneath a tree - Dead & Buried)

Re: Noob question guys

Post by Hook » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:32 pm

KiLLaKeLLeR wrote:Hey guys im in the middle of a clan map and I want to add photos of the clan members and my family into the map, is it better to resize these images to get the desired size? or isthere a better way? and 2nd is there a way to write text underneath these picstures like there clan names? or do i need to do that in photoshop and import ? thanks guys.
Bring in square (128x128 256x256 512x512) whatever - then use the texture you place it on as the crop so to speak.
Move it around on the texture to suit your taste and you can also Scale it (up or down in size) too if you wish.
Pan, etc., it to use what you want on the texture surface.
See my Map in Progress on CLD called DM-Fundango5 - my Avatar/Server Logo is in there in 2 sizes - all from one 512x512 texture!
You can bring in Names as textures - I did this on a clan map I was "commissioned" to build once and had their names in a marquee around a room.
OR - you can have the Name Appear on the player's screen (like an ad) when the player stands in front of the picture. (just a thought) :wink:
=Hook= of Hook's UT Place - Hopelessly Addicted to UT99!
Forum: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM} (GT Top 50)
PRO-Redeemer | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemer | SEEKER-Redeemer
Birth Place of ALL Seeker/Scoped Deemers!
IP: NEW IP to come!
CROSSBONES Monster Hunt {CMH} (Special Edition MH by mars007)
IP: 108.61.238.93:7777

ZippityDooDa

Re: Noob question guys

Post by ZippityDooDa » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:36 pm

Hook wrote:
KiLLaKeLLeR wrote:Hey guys im in the middle of a clan map and I want to add photos of the clan members and my family into the map, is it better to resize these images to get the desired size? or isthere a better way? and 2nd is there a way to write text underneath these picstures like there clan names? or do i need to do that in photoshop and import ? thanks guys.
Bring in square (128x128 256x256 512x512) whatever - then use the texture you place it on as the crop so to speak.
Move it around on the texture to suit your taste and you can also Scale it (up or down in size) too if you wish.
Pan, etc., it to use what you want on the texture surface.
See my Map in Progress on CLD called DM-Fundango5 - my Avatar/Server Logo is in there in 2 sizes - all from one 512x512 texture!
You can bring in Names as textures - I did this on a clan map I was "commissioned" to build once and had their names in a marquee around a room.
OR - you can have the Name Appear on the player's screen (like an ad) when the player stands in front of the picture. (just a thought) :wink:
Hey you guys are great, thanks again fro your Help!
11100000.11111111.11111111.00000000 /24

Prowner

Post by Prowner » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:15 pm

I actually figured out one of my problems with an easy solution. :wink:
For making it where 2 creature factories need to finish before the next wave, I just thought, "Huh, why don't I just make a counter for both of them." Heheh, genious! :lol: