UnrealEd 2.0 Issues

Post all UT Building, Coding, Modding, Tutorials and Non-Mapping content here!
Prowner

UnrealEd 2.0 Issues

Post by Prowner » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:08 pm

---=On this post, I will frequently post issues I may encounter while using it to see if any of you guys would be able to solve any of them=---
I will either save you or kill you, convince me otherwise.

Prowner

Re: UnrealEd 2.0 Issues

Post by Prowner » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:10 pm

Okay, on my Hebereke level, I would like to make a sheet's texture pan (like lava flowing) to make it more realistic. How do I get the texture to constantly move?

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:22 pm

Right click the texture, then under the texture options (where resizing and alignment options are) you'll see "texture panning". Choose which way and try it. There are also some other ways to pan, so if this doesn't look right, let me know.

Prowner

Post by Prowner » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:53 pm

I don't even get the steps...
-There is no texture options (unless you count surface properties)
-I went "Alignment."
-I click "16" under "Pan"
-Nothing happened...

Prowner

Post by Prowner » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:54 pm

Never mind I got it! I forgot to check the "U-Pan" flag.

Hermskii
Site Admin
NoMoreSpam: Silver

Post by Hermskii » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:41 pm

This will be a great thread going forward. It will be a good place for people to come and solve common and uncommon problems they run into while trying to map. Good going Prowner! I may even have to Sticky it.
~Peace~

Hermskii

Prowner

Post by Prowner » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:18 am

Well I didn't really want to be posting posts everytime I had an issue, so I just made a thread where I can post them all! Thanks Herm!
PS: My real name is Ben! :D

Prowner

Post by Prowner » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:08 am

Right now, I'm wanting to make a pathway (outside (I already have the "fakebackdrop")) that's basically a road that is slowly going uphill, but it's curve as well. Something like this:

-\path\-
-/path/-
/path/--
\path\--
-\path\-

Something like that and slowly going upward. Do you have any idea how to do it easily? I'm thinking of using the 2D Shape editor, but I'm not sure if the texture creator would be better...

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:28 am

if its stone or brick just make a set of three textures, left bend, right bend, straight and combine them in sequence to meander as you like. If its a less defined path, like darker dirt on a forest floor, make the same textures as an alpha channel out of a dirt or dark soil texture and place them as decals along your existing floors.

Best way to do it is find a map you like that has it and see how it was done in ed. I personally like the apha way as its cleaner but the stone walk is more precise.

Prowner

Post by Prowner » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:47 pm

Thanks Gopo! But I actually figured out a better way for me! :mrgreen:
Right now, I'm wanting to make a creature factory of "Ice Skaarj's" and I already checked out "K's" Monsterhunt thread with the creature factory, but it didn't work for me... Could someone explain step by step how to make a creature factory that spawns infinite monsters, only 8 can be out at a time and make the spawn rate 3 sec?

PS: I would also like to have zombies in a certain part of this! Do any of you guys know where I can get zombies or will I have to make them from scratch?

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:15 pm

It almost never a good idea to make infinite spawn monsters. There are quite a few people who really like to clear a map and having monsters they can't end is frustrating.

Look at the properties and you'll see what is native to factories. Sometimes it is better to use counters though to control the spawn. Certain monsters don't work right through the factores (like the zombies).

The DC zombies are very much killers and you cannot mix them with any other pawns. They will plow through anything you place them with all the way up to queens and titans like a scythe through wheat. I made a reclassed zombie that will play nicely with other monsters but I never released it. Yell at me if you need it and I'll send you the code.

Prowner

Post by Prowner » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:07 pm

You can message me the code for the zombies, that would be nice to actually have zombies that aren't @$$holes :lol: ! Only one problem, I don't know how to use codes yet, I'm not super good at that stuff yet... When I finish my map and ask for it to be posted, you will see why I need infinite monsters off of it.

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:06 pm

In that case, finish the map and I'll embed the zombies for you. It's not as simple as plug-and-play with them.

Prowner

Post by Prowner » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:30 pm

I'm changing some things around on it, so it may take me awhile...

So what it's gonna be like, is you start in a prison hold where there's a player start in each prison cell and only 2 that aren't (I feel bad because EVERYONE is gonna hate the idea that if everybody gets stuck, you will either have to reconnect or commit suicide, that's annoying for me too... :oops: :lol: ) and if someone stays out, they have to battle some skaarjs, mercenarie elites, skaarj snipers and the baron :twisted: . After that (or during that [hopefully during]), you release the prisoners and they all go out and help you (if something's still alive) and then continue forth to a portal (like the one in "MH-LostInTime-V2" you go through and it takes you to what I like to call
"Dead City4" :twisted:
It'll be more fair, but have some downfalls in your safe zone!

Story: You have been captured by the Skaarj threatening to destroy Earth, but you must stop them! Battle some Skaarj's and even zombies from an inhabited planet! The Skaarj's can find you in that planet, but are smart enough to keep out of the zombies reach (hopefully...).

1. I need to know how to make it like in the original dead city that daytime kills the zombies and they come out in night time (unless that's too hard I can make arrangements).

2. I wanna know how to make the music change during daytime and night time (or atleast tell me how to make the music change when you step through that portal)

3. Of course, I still need my creature factory working!

I need to say this before someone else does, but this IS my first map! I'm putting lots of effort into it and I think that it won't be too hard for me to do for a first map, but I really wanna make this.
Any help will work! :D

gopostal

Post by gopostal » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:43 pm

Go for something a little less ambitious than day-night zombies then. If you open up Dead City and you don't understand how the mod switches from day to night with the skybox and music, and how the zombie patrol actors work in relation to the outside zones, you ought to try a simpler map project. The DC style is a very advanced mapping project that will be hard to do if you don't understand some remedial coding.

If you want to try though, I'll do my best to answer any questions you have, so long as they are specific and not "How do i use the zombies" :wink: